No announcement yet.

Primal Journal-deMuralist

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thanks, one of the nice things about the new numbers is that now, no matter what rubric I use to determine my goal weight, I have less than 100 pounds to lose, and that feels good.
    Chris
    "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
    Unknown

My journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread36279.html

My "Program": doing my version of a 4:3 - 3 day fast diet with real food every day, with a little twist of anti-inflammatory mixed in.

Comment

• Today is a down day, yesterday was up. This morning I weigh 257.4. That is .4 higher than after my down day, and 1.2 lower than after my last up day. So, yep feeling happy.

Food yesterday was up, I did not track it. I decided I needed crunch as opposed to the planned smoothie, so I had some cheese and crackers. Then I wanted sweet, so I had a 100 Calorie dark chocolate bar with a bit of sugar free Organic PB on it. Dinner was fantastic and easy, I sautéed chicken thighs then after I had browned both sides, I added a bunch of artichokes (in oil), some lemon zest, and 2T of left over Alfredo sauce (would have sprinkled parmesan instead but didn't have any). Put a lid on it till the chicken was done through. Made some crispy toast and put the whole thing on top of the toast. So yes it was not a primal day, but it was damn yummy.

NEAT the blanket is almost done- I will finish in time for the shower tomorrow. Steps yesterday 4795 and 4 flights of steps. The good news is that at work we were preparing a mass mailing, so I spent most of the day standing, while that doesn't count toward my steps, it is better than sitting. NEAT will start in full swing on Monday.

Sleep 6:09 and 88% food definitely has nothing to do with it.

Today I have a lesson with my computer guy on how to set up and use iTunes. I know that this seems elementary to most of you, but up to now my kids have been working my iTunes for me. Now that they are off at school, I need to learn it for myself.

Tomorrow is the shower. Now that I know I will finish the blanket, I have gotten a little panic attack about what I am going to wear. Not actually sure why I was invited since it is a very small group. They are tight knit, and they will have gone shopping together to buy a new outfit for this. I will not be buying a new outfit, I will however take the time to color my hair this afternoon so I don't look like white trash in the photos (red hair with grey roots is the worst, especially if it is humid and the frizz is in full swing!) To complicate further, it is outside (at a winery-a limo is taking us there), so hot and likely rain (I am sure there is a tent, but who thought outside was a good idea in August for a woman who is 8 months pregnant?) Anyway, obviously, first world problems, I will work it out.
      Chris
      "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
      Unknown

My "Program": doing my version of a 4:3 - 3 day fast diet with real food every day, with a little twist of anti-inflammatory mixed in.

Comment

• Originally posted by demuralist View Post
        ...a very small group. They are tight knit, and they will have gone shopping together to buy a new outfit for this. ...
        Do people really do this?

I am woefully out of things.

Congrats on the numbers. Alweays nice to see.

Comment

• Well int his town they do. I recently went to a wedding which this group attended and they had obviously shopped together to get their outfits for the wedding. They essentially had the same outfits on, strapless/floral/fitted dresses, Loubotin shoes (which I personally think look ridiculous- they very rarely look balanced and very rarely can women walk in them) except that the mom had added a bolero sweater, added clutch and clunky pearls. There were 6 of them. @ would have been a coincidence, but 6? My DH, who NEVER notices anything like that at all, even commented. 1, on why they all wore the same thing and 2, why do "women wear those shoes if they can't walk in them? do they think it is sexy to see a woman in heels walking like a guy who just got off a horse?"

Thanks, I am feeling very very good about this eating plan. Both on the ability to lose my weight while on it, and the ability to hold onto it for life.
          Chris
          Unknown

Comment

• So the low for the week ended up being 256.8, yeah!

I decided to wear a dress that I love, I love its "personality" (I got it at a thrift store and it has a vintage feel to it), I love the way it looks on, and I feel very comfortable in it-in all senses of the word. I think that last bit is probably most important.

Food yesterday went well. It was a down day. About mid-day I started to have a mild headache, and icky tummy (sorry no other way to describe that-not sick or nauseous, just not great) so I opted to eat a bunch of heavily salted celery, and that turned it right around. It was not a day I had planned to do a 20 hour fast so no harm no foul. Dinner was a HUGE salad with cottage cheese as my protein. It was just a humongous bowl of nearly calorie free veggies cut up and sprinkled with Olive oil and ACV. Yummy and filling.

NEAT jumping back into this tomorrow

Sleep quality was lousy, but no alarm so I ended up staying in bed long enough to actually sleep 8:14.

Finished the blanket, made a card, found a nice bag and some tissue for wrapping, got my hair colored, getting ready to paint the toe nails, ready to go.
            Chris
            Unknown

Comment

• LOVE how well you are feeling, doing, and sounding.

Okay, post a pic on Pinterest of the blanket...
              -- Ruth

Comment

• will do.

Yep, I am feeling very optimistic about this whole thing. Love that it is flexible but with just enough order (the 2 to 3 days a week) to keep me in line. I admit that this morning I had a little hmm moment, when I worried that I was going to have 2 non-fasting days in a row, but it passed. Tuesday and Thursday this week will be 20 hour fasts, the third day will just be within the calorie range, but not timed so to speak.

edit...done, I put it in the "I did it" board.
                Last edited by demuralist; 08-25-2013, 09:53 AM.
                Chris
                Unknown

Comment

• The blanket is AMAZING. Ugh. To have talent like that!
                  -- Ruth

Comment

• Thanks, but knitting something like that is way more about practicing for years than any real talent. Well that and patience and the willingness to rip out if it is not perfect (which I had to do several times on that one). Knitting things to fit (i.e.. sweaters) that takes talent. I'm not quite there yet.
                    Chris
                    Unknown

Comment

• Food yesterday, well I went to a baby shower, I didn't over eat and it was a non-faasting day.

NEAT for yesterday, well here is a funny one, I only got 5,293 steps but I climbed 27 flights of steps. Not sure how that is possible but...

Sleep for yesterday was horrible, one of the worst night's sleep I have had in a long time.

The shower was very nice. They had a party bus pick us up from the hostess's home. There were 12 of us in this, seriously upscale, bus...leather seats, surround sound, 3 flat screen tvs (which we didn't have on-it was all women), coolers with champagne, etc. Then we went to a winery for the party. Beautiful place but it was hot, there was a tent so we were shaded, but it was hot. Lots of girl party food...fruit, salads, cheese, and cake pops.

So this morning, after a much better night's sleep, I got up and fixed my iced coffee then went downstairs did three 20 second bursts on the stair stepper and 30 minutes on the treadmill. Today is errands and chores.
                      Chris
                      Unknown

Comment

• Sounds like an interesting experience. Hope the chores go well.
                        Primal since 9/24/2010
                        "Our greatest foes, and whom we must chiefly combat, are within." Miguel de Cervantes

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
                        MFP username: MDAPebbles67

Comment

• wow.. you are moving girl!!
                          Karin

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

What am I doing? Depends on the day.

Comment

• yep, interesting is how I would describe it. Even if I had the money, that is not how I would spend it. Of course I say that now, but who knows. Well, we'll never know unless someone I don't know leaves me a huge inheritance.

First round of errands and chores done (shopping and cooking ahead), taking a break then on to the house keeping stuff (laundry, dusting, and vacuuming).

Today is a non-fasting day, BTW, and tomorrow I will do the 20 hour fast again.
                            Chris
                            Unknown

Comment

• Food yesterday was reasonable, especially since it was an up day. Today is the 20 hour fast, and since I had an iced coffee after dinner last night that I didn't finish till 9pm, that puts first calories today at 5:30. Will not be a problem since I am cutting a friend's hair when I get home from work at 4:30, so I will be busy till at least 5:30.

NEAT yesterday was, well, the good news is I did my 3/20 second bursts, and I got on the treadmill. The bad news, I realized this morning I only did 20 minutes on the treadmill, morning math is not good for me! The other not great news is I only had 6743 steps and 4 stair flights (not enough fluid to make me need more trips to the upstairs bathroom).

Sleep yesterday was great, I did not use an alarm and so I was in bed till I had actually had slept my 8 hours. I got 8:07, it actually took me 9:03 in bed to get there, but I got it, at 93% efficiency.

Off to work, ttfn
                              Chris
                              Unknown

Comment

• Your sleep just seems to be getting better and better. I remember the days(well, nights) of 5 hours.

Comment

Working...
                                X