Primal Journal-deMuralist

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by athomeontherange View Post
    Now my brain remembers what Sabine says, we won't die if we do not eat. I have yet to convince the stomach.
    Heehee. Stomachs are such rebels!

Comment

• 3:4
      N.E.A.T.
      Write it down

Optimal Health Plan with Rumble Strips this is a reminder of my weekly goals...

1) FOOD, all I am "counting" is calories (sorry to those who think it isn't about the calories)
      -Fat fast till 4:30 on down days
      -doing 3:4=
      --3 days of 550 calories or less yesterday 820
      --4 days of thoughtful eating to hunger, but certainly at or less than TDEE (currently 2,100)

2) DATA
      -Weigh and Measure 1x/week (after the 3rd fast) Track in journal or MFP.
      -Track food every evening (check food rumble strips) DONE?

3) EXERCISE
      Working on N.E.A.T....for now, eventually add in Tabata
      -10,000 steps a day-6155
      ---30 minutes on treadmill every day-nope
      -10 flights of stairs 3
      ---use upstairs bathroom
      ---carry fewer grocery bags at a time

4) SLEEP
      --to get to where I don't need an alarm to wake up (about 7.5 hours of actual sleep)
      --To bed by 10, up at 6:30 every day 6:27 at 84%, without hubs in the bed?

5) BINGES
      --I find I am not having trouble with this as long as I stick to the plan (which I did very well with for 2.5 months, so back to it!) still clean

6) SYSTEMS
      --Use journal to evaluate daily. extenuating circumstances yesterday, moving on
      --Re-evaluate weekly to be sure I have not aimed too high or too low.

So I ended up going into the kitchen last night and having some cheese crackers and chocolate. Not horrible, not great. My tummy was growling, so technically I was hungry, but I should have gone to bed. Instead I stayed up because, I had control of the remote, a power I RARELY have and apparently didn't want to give up easily.

I woke up hungry, and ate the leftover fajitas from the other night, which is ok, as today is a non-fasting day. I sort of feel like I should stop calling it an "up" day. To the extent that words have an effect on attitude non-fasting is probably a better term for me to use.
      Chris
      "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
      Unknown

My journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread36279.html

My "Program": doing my version of a 4:3 - 3 day fast diet with real food every day, with a little twist of anti-inflammatory mixed in.

Comment

• So if all went well, and I am sure it did or I would have heard something, my daughter is in Munich. I can't remember if she flies back on the 10th or the 11th, but between now and then she will go from Munich, to Cologne, Dresden & Madgeberg (this with her friend, our foreign exchange student), Hamburg to see the family ancestral homes (there is a street near there named for DH's grandmother's family), then Denmark to stay with family friends there and she is hoping to see Hamlet's castle. Then she flies out of Copenhagen straight to school where she will be an Orientation Leader starting the 12th. Busy kid.

So then DS goes to make an appointment for his driving test and there is no county within an hour of us or on the way to school that has any appointments open within the next 90 days for the test. And you can only make the appointment 90 days in advance. So I have to go in on Monday to renew mine because I need a new photo (oh joy), so we are going to see if he can just sign up for the test while we are there. Otherwise he is going to have to renew his learner's permit and sign up to take the test next summer. We could let him try at Thanksgiving or Christmas but he won't have been driving before the test and he has not got that much experience. We'll see. I am making him drive me to a town that is about 45 minutes south of us today to get in some more experience in case he can take the test on Monday.
        Chris
        "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
        Unknown

My "Program": doing my version of a 4:3 - 3 day fast diet with real food every day, with a little twist of anti-inflammatory mixed in.

Comment

• I would consider yesterday a win!

Eek. What a pain on the license.

I rarely watch TV, but I can certainly understand control of the remote
          -- Ruth

Comment

• tv goes on in our house as soon as DH walks in, drives me crazy as it is usually very loud because of his hearing issues. It is usually news then Seinfeld then news then guns, war, history or as close as he can get to that. I don't put it on until after dinner (DS is usually on the computer) when DH is gone, and I put on stand up comics or something basically that I think will make me laugh out loud-literally!

the power of control of the remote is intoxicating and addictive.
            Chris
            Unknown

Comment

• Eeeeek I hate sewing. I have set myself a goal to finish DD's t-shirt quilt by the time I take her her stuff and I am doing everything I can not to have to do it. Evidenced by the fact that I am here! What ever compelled me to say I would do this. And now I have to do one for DS as well.
              Chris
              Unknown

Comment

• I wish I knew how to sew. It's one of my regrets...my grandma and I decided I should focus on "academics" instead of that kind of stuff. Psh. Academics is over-rated, especially when I can't do anything useful like hem my pants!
                -- Ruth

Comment

• uck sewing.. however, I would like to make a t-shirt quilt for DD. I was thinking I would interface all the t-shirt squares to make them easier to sew. Attach them together then sew them to an existing blanket. I will need help sooooo I will plan to do the cutting and interfacing then take to my step mom who sews great and see about getting it assembled. Paper is my medium.
                  Karin

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

What am I doing? Depends on the day.

Comment

• As creative as I am there are 2 media I cannot work with....I cannot arrange fresh flowers to save my life and sewing is human torture.
                    Chris
                    Unknown

Comment

• Yes, what is it with sewing?? I've got two or three pieces of clothing that need just a button sewing back into place and I keep putting it off and as a result haven't been able to wear them for ages. And the sewing of leather handles onto my knitted and felted bag - that's been waiting to be done since winter.

Love knitting however, just need to make sure to knit things that are seamless as otherwise they'll never get finished!

When we were going through my grandmother's stuff last winter I found a teatowel I had made and given to her when I was in primary school. The embroidery on it was pretty cute but I'd hemmed the edges by machine and they were all over the place, like a drunk trying to walk a straight line. I don't have the coordination for sewing machines, clearly.
                      Well and happy - Journalling a primal life in London

Comment

• For the first time I have a theme in my classroom. I went and bought Avenger fabric for my bulletin boards. One piece of fabric I did not use was red flannel Avenger super hero. My first thought is aww yeah, these need to be capri's and I would totally wear them to school. Who do I call? My step mom. LOL She is awesome at sewing. She says its cathartic. My daughter LOVES to play in the sewing room when we go. Alas, I am not sure she has fabric talent as her stitches are worse than a drunken sailors.
                        Karin

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

What am I doing? Depends on the day.

Comment

• I like sewing. And I can do it well(she says, modestly).

But there's too many things to enjoy, to get hung up on whichever ones you DON'T.

Comment

• Oooo fabric covered bulletin boards. I always use plain white paper. Great Idea!

I really need to break out my sewing machine. I only used it for quilting...a hobby that lasted a year. I also have my husband's grandmother's old singer. It was electrified in the 50's, but started out as a foot pedal model. Pretty neat, but wasted on me.
                            Primal since 9/24/2010
                            "Our greatest foes, and whom we must chiefly combat, are within." Miguel de Cervantes

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
                            MFP username: MDAPebbles67

Comment

• I'm not creative I can't sew, knit, crochet, arrange flowers, decorate, draw, do crafts, paint. Not a thing. It's really unfortunate.
                              -- Ruth

Comment

• Ruth, you might actually be lucky, it is kind of a curse to me. I will not buy something if I know I can make it, not that I will get around to making it. And the clutter that crafting creates is often burdensome to me. And I always have a project hanging over my head.

I like knitting, don't love crochet. Why are they different? who knows. I NEVER knit anything that will require putting pieces together afterward. I felted for a few years, and yes the bags would sit waiting for me to sew the handles on. The thing about knitting (and felting) is that 99% of the time the project is intended as a gift, so that makes me finish them.

For the t-shirt quilt, I have most of the t-shirts cut. What I am doing is making vertical strips of varying widths. It looks like I will end up with 8 of those (full sized bed), I have 5 done. Then I will put my sandwich together, and do free hand machine quilting. Very ambitious for someone who has never quilted before. But, even if it is less than perfect, well the t-shirts were gonna be pitched anyway. Unfortunately this project has taken over our Rec room, and the hubs wants to start using that room to entertain because that is where the kegorator is.

Good news is, that I am taking 2 good sized very heavy oak tables from work (we added some archival storage in the basement and there is no room for the tables now). I will put them in my basement and they will be my craft tables. I will then take the sewing machine down there to do my son's quilt. This will work well as the upstairs is hot and the basement is nice and cool.

Paula, couldn't you use the sewing machine as a decorative piece? If not for the sentimental value, you could probably sell it.
                                Chris
                                Unknown

Comment

Working...
                                X