No announcement yet.

Primal Journal-deMuralist

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I agree on the salad stuff and summer veggies. I am still waiting for my garden veggies to arrive but wow.. enjoying salads again. I need to start doing the evoo and vinegar again instead of the heavier dressings.
    Karin

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

What am I doing? Depends on the day.

Comment

• I tend to make all of my dressings, and heavy just is too much work in the summer since I make the mayo as well. Love doing the flavored vinegars in the summer. May have to start making my own vinegar infusions.
      Chris
      "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
      Unknown

My journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread36279.html

My "Program": doing my version of a 4:3 - 3 day fast diet with real food every day, with a little twist of anti-inflammatory mixed in.

Comment

• this is a note to myself...5:2 Bikini Diet by Jacqueline Whitehart...download it from the library, good recipes for dd's.

and http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F_IUHHdm7-Q
        Last edited by demuralist; 06-14-2013, 01:44 PM.
        Chris
        "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
        Unknown

My "Program": doing my version of a 4:3 - 3 day fast diet with real food every day, with a little twist of anti-inflammatory mixed in.

Comment

• It appears as though the stars are properly aligned this weekend and that I am home on a day off when it is not going to rain. Now it is likely to be hotter than Hades, but I am a Floridian at heart and I can handle that! Today I am plunging into the yard. We have had soo much rain it looks like a jungle out there. Unfortunately it is the weeds that are growing like wild fire.

My dd's this week were not totally successful. I ended both days with a bit of a sweet made by DD. She leaves for the summer next Thursday so her little goodies will not be reappearing in the house until Thanksgiving or more likely Christmas. Not sure she will come home for Thanksgiving and it is such a short break that she doesn't really have the time to kick in with the baking (Thank goodness).

DS has mission events this week, and then a church trip to Jekyll Island the week after. So DH and I will have the first taste this summer of being empty nesters. DS also will be counseling church camp for a week and a half in mid July, so the second taste of it this summer. Then he will go to his Orientation at school on August 13th and the empty nesting will be official.
          Chris
          Unknown

Comment

• Wow. Amazing how fast the summer seems to be going.... It's almost ironic that you'll be empty nesting while I might be just starting to fill mine
            -- Ruth

Comment

• Ha. My summer hasn't even started yet. We're a little behind in NY
              Primal since 9/24/2010
              "Our greatest foes, and whom we must chiefly combat, are within." Miguel de Cervantes

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
              MFP username: MDAPebbles67

Comment

• Chris.. the humidity is hitting heavy here. I am finding if I do not have my walking done by 8am 8:30a tops, its miserable.

ahhhh empty nest.. umm yeah, it will be a while for me. LOL
                Karin

Comment

• Well, given that "summer" would officially follow the planting seasons it makes sense that P's would be later.

Ruth, I love that you are building a nest! And as you are starting in the middle so to speak, it won't be long before you are empty nesters again as well. Sorry, I hate when people tell me anything that reminds me that it goes so fast, a parent knows that better than anyone.

Well, Karin, for some reason humidity will talk me out of a walk but not out of gardening? Go figure. I just don't much care for things in which their sole purpose is exercise.

I am on break right now. I have done some significant pruning and a bit of weeding. I have 2 roses to plant and much more weeding and pruning to do. after breakfast...
                  Chris
                  Unknown

Comment

• I do not have much gardening.. however, mom and I walked slow.. we were both sore so it did not seem like walking for exercise.. AND its a nice town to walk in. There are a lot of old homes.
                    Karin

Comment

• strolling and chatting and sight seeing don't count as exercise to me. Unfortunately, my mom is an 11 hour drive away
                      Chris
                      Unknown

Comment

• I love walking, especially with someone, when the point is just enjoying ourselves. Gardening...not so much...
                        -- Ruth

Comment

• I figure intentional movement is exercise. What a great definition.
                          Karin

Comment

• Ah I am working on my NEAT, so all movement is exercise!
                            Chris
                            Unknown

Comment

• I am feeling kind of icky. Not bad, but not really good. Couple of possible reasons...

1. Food on Sunday and Monday=not good. Grains don't generally bother me, but I have really not been having any to speak of but in the past couple of days I have had a lot. It is backing things up a bit.

2. DD leaves on Thursday. I always get a little stressed as trips get near, whether they are for me or the kids, but this one is the mother of all trips. She leaves to do her Orientation (a backwoods type of team building event-she is a leader) then she is off to Spain. She has been to Guatemala, twice. But that was with a church group, and there were chaperones and body guards. She will arrive in Barcelona, alone, not speaking the language. Now, she is supposed to be meeting up with a friend who has been interning in Barcelona all summer so that eases the stress a little. But this kid is fearless, which is good and bad. Good because fear rarely stops her from doing something and bad because she can be a bit reckless. She will only be in Barcelona for part of the day then she will be off to her dig site. She will have to be there Mondays thru Saturdays for 5 weeks, but will be able to explore (probably with the other 5 American girls she is on the dig site with)on Sundays. Then she is traveling by train for a little over a week in Germany and Denmark, meeting up with friends here and there, staying in hostels, etc.

3. At the same time DS is doing mission work all week and getting him where he is supposed to be has to be out of my hands because I am working all week, so he is finding his own rides etc. This makes me feel a bit, uneasy, as I still sort of feel like it is my responsibility-even though it isn't- he is basically an adult now. Then he leaves for a week away with his church group, on Saturday morning.

4. Spent yesterday doing errands with DH, this is stressful for me, I would rather just go and do them myself. And he had to drive as the kids to the car to work. This means that I had to give him directions, usually when directions are needed to be given, I drive and he navigates. And I was using the maps on my phone- something I have never used before. And 99% of the time he would choose a different way than I would when both ways are equal. So it is never fun or easy! And one of the things we had to do required dealing with the cable company, and purchasing technology. The other thing we had to do was to go to the bank to try to work out a problem.

Guessing this is all negatively effecting my sleep as well as my intestines.
                              Chris
                              Unknown

Comment

• oh it sounds rather stress induced..perhaps after today you will feel better.
                                Karin

Comment

Working...
                                X