No announcement yet.

Primal Journal-deMuralist

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I am not really sure why, but so far impatience with one pound is not sending me to the pantry.

There is something about being able to eat what ever I want for 3 days a week, that is giving me the patience to go slow.
    Chris
    "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
    Unknown

My journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread36279.html

My "Program": doing my version of a 4:3 - 3 day fast diet with real food every day, with a little twist of anti-inflammatory mixed in.

Comment

• Originally posted by Pebbles67 View Post
      So, Jon...You wanna come meet us in St Louis and be our "Boy Toy" or at least throw some testosterone into the mix?
      I'd love too, though there is no chance of me getting time off on this short a notice. I had to put in for the time when my FIL is visiting 6 months in advance.

Comment

• Congratulations on the weight reduction. 15 pounds is amazing! And after staying steady for so long, very gratifying, I'm sure.

Honey and I were talking about this aspect of it this morning- that this is not a plan, where you are anxiously waiting to get to goal, because then you can 'ease up'. I need to get down almost 50 pounds, but the thought of it taking a year is not horrifying, because I get to 'ease up' if I want to, every other day.

Comment

• Excellent observation, Sabine. I had not thought of it that way, but you are right. I don't need an ease up, because I already do.

I have to admit that about once a week I think, geez I need to reign this in, I have no idea what I ate today. And then I still end up losing weight. My goal is to be able to not know what I ate every day, knowing that I will still be doing down days. In other words, I expect that my down days will get a certain pattern in which I just sort of mentally pick one of them to repeat, and hope that my up days will just be about eating for health and satisfaction with an occasional treat thrown in.

I have about 100 pounds to lose, well 90 now, and if it takes 2 years as long as I continue to trend downward, I am perfectly fine with that. Given I have spent the past 2 years experimenting with all of these different programs and had actually gained, well I am in a very happy place right now.
          Chris
          "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
          Unknown

My "Program": doing my version of a 4:3 - 3 day fast diet with real food every day, with a little twist of anti-inflammatory mixed in.

Comment

• I just want something that fits in with my life. Traveling and (hopefully) kids. To me, eating primal is normal...but in and of itself, not enough. What I want is to occassionally have a treat. Typically, if I'm not nearly perfect, it can set me back 2-4 weeks.

I love to "listen" to how happy you all sound. It's so joyful. Isn't this how life, and eating, should be?
            -- Ruth

Comment

• that is exactly it. This is how life, as it relates to eating should be. You eat what your body tells you it needs both in terms of quantity and quality. I have not done anything since I started dieting in 8th grade that feels as "normal" as this and still allows me to lose weight. Obviously when I was pregnant I ate "normally" but I gained 75 pounds with the first, lost 50 of it, then gained that 50 with the second and only lost about 30 of that. Then when I spent years seriously working out, I allowed myself to eat normally because I was working so hard it had to be ok. And ended up gaining 50 pounds doing that.

So doing something that makes me feel like a "normal" person, and not killing myself with workouts, and still losing is really something to celebrate! Knowing that it is also something I can very easily continue for the rest of my life, and actually is likely to incur health benefits besides the weight loss, well that is really worthy of celebration.
              Chris
              Unknown

Comment

• Today is a travel day. We are off to DS's Orientation for college. Will be back Wednesday night late.
                Chris
                Unknown

Comment

• In order for me to go to St. Louis, I need to find someone to keep Lily. As of this weekend.. my mom not only has said no, but OH HELL NO. *le sigh*
                  Karin

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

What am I doing? Depends on the day.

Comment

• Oh, St Louis is postponed until next summer. Ruth cannot get away from parenting classes.
                    Primal since 9/24/2010
                    "Our greatest foes, and whom we must chiefly combat, are within." Miguel de Cervantes

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
                    MFP username: MDAPebbles67

Comment

• So orientation was hellish. Lots of repetition and more than a little contradiction. (ie. a lecture about not being helicopter parents followed by a list of things that they want you to make sure you remind your students about and how to keep up with their grades)

Also today while I got just over 10,100 steps I also got the equivalent of 24 flights of steps. That is one hilly campus.

We are all very excited though.
                      Chris
                      Unknown

Comment

• ohhh.. so by helicopter they mean they do not want you to do fly bys at the school, just do them on your kid..LOL I have talked to a lot of people who teach college and have made comments about how tempting it would be to teach there because then you dont have to deal with parents.. they laugh and say, you would be amazed at how often parents contact them and think its an extension of high school. I was amazed at the brass of some parents.
                        Karin

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

What am I doing? Depends on the day.

Comment

• Apparently that is exactly what they meant. I am not organized enough to keep up with their stuff and my stuff, way too much work for me to be a helicopter of any kind!

So today will be a down day, not sure what I will do tomorrow as I don't like to do 2 dd's in a row. I will just play it by ear, no food till I get home, and probably fresh veggies for dinner both nights.

I ate fairly reasonably these past few days, so I am not overly worried, and I love being able to jump right back in without feeling like I have blown it or having any guilt about what I ate.
                          Chris
                          Unknown

Comment

• I am grateful that my son is attending community college. When i took him for intake testing, they seemed to wonder why I was there. Lol
                            Primal since 9/24/2010
                            "Our greatest foes, and whom we must chiefly combat, are within." Miguel de Cervantes

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
                            MFP username: MDAPebbles67

Comment

• It is interesting about the whole concept of helicopter...when DS was in middle school I walked with him to school and then again after school. For me it was how I got my exercise and we got to spend some serious quality time together. If I didn't go and walk home with him, by the time he got home he was hot and tired and not interested in talking, but he talked a lot on the way home. DH thought I was babying the boy and was surprised DS would even allow it. DH is also surprised that I still wake the kids up for work (or what ever they need to do) when they are sleeping at home. It is just sort of a tradition and it is a gentle wake up when mom comes in as opposed to an alarm. Again he thinks it is an immaturity thing. Also, DS still doesn't drive so there are things I show up for that I might not if he was able to drive himself.

So there are definitely things that are up for interpretation in regards to being a helicopter, but as long as you are both comfortable and it is within reason, I don't see the harm.
                              Chris
                              Unknown

Comment

• Yesterday was going well as my dd, till DD decided to make PB balls dipped in chocolate. I had 2. Not bad, but since I had already gotten to my dd limit, it obviously took me over. No biggie, still a pretty low day. Today will be a repeat, except hopefully without the PB balls!

Love summer veggies, we have been making the most amazing salads. Not the green leafy kind, but mixing tomatoes, and cukes, and onions, and well whatever is at the market, toss in a little Olive oil and some vinegar, some spices and voila add a little protein on the side and you have a fantastic colorful summer meal.
                                Chris
                                Unknown

Comment

Working...
                                X