No announcement yet.

Primal Journal-deMuralist

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yay! I am 70 inches tall and my waist is 32.5!
    Primal since 9/24/2010
    "Our greatest foes, and whom we must chiefly combat, are within." Miguel de Cervantes

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
    MFP username: MDAPebbles67

Comment

• Yeah I could live without beans and be perfectly fine.

You see Paula, that fits with my contention that I am not over fat I am under tall.
      Chris
      "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
      Unknown

My journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread36279.html

My "Program": doing my version of a 4:3 - 3 day fast diet with real food every day, with a little twist of anti-inflammatory mixed in.

Comment

• Yeah, I think that measurement is only fair to the tall peeps.
        Primal since 9/24/2010
        "Our greatest foes, and whom we must chiefly combat, are within." Miguel de Cervantes

Comment

• Pre pregnancy my waist was tiny, mid 20's. In that case I was way low obviously and could have been much shorter. That was 20 years ago though. Not sure where the idea came from either.
          Chris
          "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
          Unknown

My "Program": doing my version of a 4:3 - 3 day fast diet with real food every day, with a little twist of anti-inflammatory mixed in.

Comment

• So I figured out why DH's morbid focus increased this week. Apparently he sent me an email, I didn't receive.

A colleague of his has a vacation home in the mountains. He and his wife were on a mountain hike and she slipped and fell. It killed her. She is (shit, was) my age the colleague is DH's age. They have one in college (rising sophomore) and one in high school (rising senior). It is freaking DH out a bit. It is not doing much for my mood either. We have done things with them over the years, but then the kids were in different schools and different sports and had not had much contact till lately. I have chatted with her at 3 recent parties since Christmas. Every time I left leaving thinking how it was too bad that our kids schedules didn't throw us together more but that now we were getting to a point where that would be less important. And of course now, the chance has passed. So very sad how cavalier I have gotten about life really.
            Chris
            Unknown

Comment

• Oh Chris that is awful. I totally get how something like that can effect our emotions too. Sometimes being cavalier is easier. My husband calls me a Pollyanna for just that reason.

Sadly we can't control the accidental things, but we can continue to work towards optimal health and thereby control what we can.

I hope you and DH can begin to feel better about this soon.
              Primal since 9/24/2010

Comment

• Thanks. Yep we can do the best we can to control what we can. I think I need to tape something on my mirror to remind me to laugh every day and to waste less of every day. I am going to search my pinterest quotes.
                Chris
                Unknown

Comment

• Today is a down day for me. I am actually looking forward to having these 4 days of lowered calories, I was feeling a little out of control on Sunday.

I didn't weigh at home this weekend, but had a doctor's appt yesterday (no issues just routine stuff). So I get weighed and I had on jeans and a pair of sandals that are basically on a clog base (ie they are heavy). So my weight on the notoriously harsh doctor's scales was 266. This is just 1 pound more than my highest weight after my 3 up days last weekend. And that was taken on my home scale, first thing in the morning, in just a light weight night shirt. So I feel confident that my "up weight" is still trending downward. I like that.

I am still mentally having issues with Lisa's death. Not sure why it is bothering me quite this much, and I know it will pass, but I just cannot get her off my mind. The fact that she put in all those years of hard work, laid the foundation so to speak, with the kids and has passed just as she was getting to the big reward. The time in life when they start to become friends, graduate from school, get married, have kids. It really bothers me.
                  Chris
                  Unknown

Comment

• I need to catch up..UGH.. between the weather around here and working at my moms house I have been wiped out and SORE. LOL

I would be interested in trying to meet in July. If Ruth and I could drive out together that would be awesome but heck yeah.. bring on the adventure!
                    Karin

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

What am I doing? Depends on the day.

Comment

• Originally posted by demuralist View Post
                      Today is a down day for me. I am actually looking forward to having these 4 days of lowered calories, I was feeling a little out of control on Sunday.

I didn't weigh at home this weekend, but had a doctor's appt yesterday (no issues just routine stuff). So I get weighed and I had on jeans and a pair of sandals that are basically on a clog base (ie they are heavy). So my weight on the notoriously harsh doctor's scales was 266. This is just 1 pound more than my highest weight after my 3 up days last weekend. And that was taken on my home scale, first thing in the morning, in just a light weight night shirt. So I feel confident that my "up weight" is still trending downward. I like that.

I am still mentally having issues with Lisa's death. Not sure why it is bothering me quite this much, and I know it will pass, but I just cannot get her off my mind. The fact that she put in all those years of hard work, laid the foundation so to speak, with the kids and has passed just as she was getting to the big reward. The time in life when they start to become friends, graduate from school, get married, have kids. It really bothers me.
                      I am so sorry to hear about your friend. It is amazing how fast life can pass you by. Tragic events like this remind me to touch base with friends and family and appreciate your time with them. I wish I had some words of wisdom that would bring comfort. I am sure this is difficult for you and the hubs. As for a quote, my aunt always says "the most important thing in life is not things". Here for you sistah!
                      Karin

Comment

• thanks! I spent some time last night reading through my pinterest quotes and cartoons board. I love the things I have pinned there, and I laughed till I cried. Slowly I will get past it. The thing is we were not close at all, it is just the sor tof injustice of it all that drives me crazy.
                        Chris
                        Unknown

Comment

• Did we pick a date yet? My July calendar is filling up crazy fast.

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Marks Daily Apple Forum mobile app
                          -- Ruth

Comment

• How long do y'all want to do this for. I would be available July 15,16, & 17th (14th & 18th would be travel days) or July 22nd thru 25th with the 21st & 26th as travel days. Depending on bow far I had to drive. I will have to get DS to and from camp on those days as well.
                            Chris
                            Unknown

Comment

• where are we planning to meet?
                              Karin

Comment

• We are doing my son's grad party on July 13th and I have a party to attend on the 27th, but other than that I am available...Just need to broach subject with DH.

Today was a DD for me too and I think it helped me to navigate my rough day.
                                Primal since 9/24/2010

Comment

Working...
                                X