No announcement yet.

Primal Journal-deMuralist

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yeah, I was down three this morning after a fast day. I may not weigh at all tomorrow. I tracked my food for today to make sure I am eating enough. Nope. I will end up too low. I will have to add a BPC to the end of the day.
    Primal since 9/24/2010
    "Our greatest foes, and whom we must chiefly combat, are within." Miguel de Cervantes

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
    MFP username: MDAPebbles67

Comment

• I usually add cream to my coffee and tea, or not, depending on what day it is and how my calories are looking. If I end up eating a dessert (this weekend was graduation after all) then I don't need the cream. My weight for the week is usually lowest on Saturday morning, I have not been weighing after my "normal" days. Yesterday was actually a fast day for me and my weight was still up, which is what my pattern has been, ie. for it to still be up after the first fast day. The fat seems to want to hang on after fast days and the scale has been showing lower numbers after my moderate days. I usually have my moderate days on Wednesday and Friday, fasts on Tuesday and Thursday, "normal" on Saturday, Sunday and Monday.

p.s. the only reasons I do moderate days are that it is easier for me to keep a pattern of not eating breakfast and not eating at work. (I never eat breakfast) So on my work days the difference in calories is what I eat for dinner and what I put in my tea. The other reason is that it gives me more flexibility to choose my fast day at the last minute if something comes up, and allows me more leeway on my "normal" days.
      Chris
      "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
      Unknown

My journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread36279.html

My "Program": doing my version of a 4:3 - 3 day fast diet with real food every day, with a little twist of anti-inflammatory mixed in.

Comment

• My fast days will be Tu and TH as well. I prefer mine to be work days too. I am really feeling mentally fuzzy compared to yesterday. Probably related to my period more than anything else.
        Primal since 9/24/2010
        "Our greatest foes, and whom we must chiefly combat, are within." Miguel de Cervantes

Comment

• I have days like that as well, usually the first day after the first fast of the week. That would be today. For me I suspect it is about getting rid of the crap I ate over my "normal" days. I have had a few celebratory "normal" days this month. Not bingey but also not primal.
          Chris
          "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
          Unknown

My "Program": doing my version of a 4:3 - 3 day fast diet with real food every day, with a little twist of anti-inflammatory mixed in.

Comment

• On the lowcarbfriends forum I have noticed quite a few people who complain for being cranky on their Down Days, but I haven't noticed this with myself. And I do think I am pretty much fat-adapted. That may be the difference. Some of the ladies there are not even low-carb, not to mention primal, which I find funny considering the name of the forum.

I do sometimes get surges on energy on the Down Days, though, and I like that.

Pebbles, DO be sure to eat enough on your normal days. Important for physical reasons, and I think also psychological ones, to avoid a binge mentality brought on by restriction.

Comment

• +1 I stopped following the LCF thread, because not only are they not low carb, or primal, they go in the opposite direction and many, if not most, of them eat crap. Now I admit I am not totally primal, and not at all low carb by low carb standards (although still low carb by SAD standards), I don't eat garbage. Even when I go off into celebrations, it is homemade with the best ingredients.

and yes mentally and physically the closer you come to TDEE on average the better. Although I do on occasion have a day where I don't and it has not derailed me. I am definitely working to learn to listen to and follow my body cues on my normal days, and sometimes that changes things up a bit. But since I do 3 "normal" days in a row, it has always worked itself out.
              Chris
              Unknown

Comment

• Well, yesterday's moderate actually ended up almost at my TDEE. Which is just fine-it didn't go over, so it is all good.

We (DD, DS, and I) leave tomorrow for a long weekend at my parents. Excited, but since this is the first I have mentioned it it should be obvious I am unprepared. No matter, it is Florida, flip flops and shorts, and its all good. Hate driving on holiday weekends, but this was the best time for the 3 of us to go, and I wanted the kids to get to spend time with my parents before they got too busy with school again. So down on Friday back on Tuesday.

Doing 5:2 will take a lot of stress out of it since I can do a dd today and then one on Wednesday. We also don't generally eat much while we are driving so Friday and Tuesday will be pretty low too. Actually we don't usually eat much when we are at my parents, so it will be an easy weekend food wise.
                Chris
                Unknown

Comment

• Have a GREAT time in Florida. Wish I were joining you

Drive safe!
                  -- Ruth

Comment

• Originally posted by RMS123 View Post
                    Have a GREAT time in Florida. Wish I were joining you

Drive safe!
                    You and me both. Have fun!

Comment

• Ah Florida. I miss my future home...Sarasota.

Have a great time for all of us!
                      Primal since 9/24/2010

Comment

• I am technologically challenged so cant add photos here. However i have a great panoramic view of my kids waiting for the moon rise on FB. Unfortunately there was a layer of fog on the horizon so we couldnt actually see it peek over the horizon. But we did get a great view of the rocket that was launched at 8:30pm as it cleared the palm trees.

Traffic was not unreasonable given it is a Friday on a holiday weekend.
                        Chris
                        Unknown

Comment

• Ooooo You were up late. Party girl.
                          Primal since 9/24/2010

Comment

• ^
                            -- Ruth

Comment

• I saw the pic on fb.. beautiful!! WOW!! You saw a rocket launch??? *sigh* jealous..
                              Karin

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

What am I doing? Depends on the day.

Comment

• Yep launch was awesome and pure luck as it was supposed to go off last week and was postponed.

Moon rise is after dark tonight, so should be spectacular. But notlikely to show up well in photos.

We always stay up late talking when I am here. We are not big phone talkers, so face to face has a lot of chatting going on. Plus sis and I are night owls.
                                Chris
                                Unknown

Comment

Working...
                                X