Primal Journal-deMuralist

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Pebbles67 View Post
    Oh My, What happens when I eat it off myself?

You can retire with all the money from people who say, " I would pay to see that."

Comment

• ^^^ lol!!!
      Karin

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

What am I doing? Depends on the day.

Comment

• y'all are too much!

So I went a tad over yesterday's fast goal of 500 calories. But it was still low at 685, so I consider it a win. We went to an awards ceremony for the HS Seniors, that ran from 6 to 8:30. I had had to take DH to pick up his car so we had gotten home too late to eat dinner and I had my usual yogurt/blueberry snack. Had I known I was going to get home too late to make my fish and veggies I would have skipped that and come in under budget. But, well I am not physic so I ate it. then made the boys' dinner, which was my version of Mexican and had some of that for my dinner as well.

Today is a moderate day for me. Which means I start the day like a fasting day, have my yogurt/blueberry snack when I get home and then eat dinner -not really worrying about calories (so usually a higher fat meal here) and maybe a 100 calorie dark chocolate bar after. Not sure what dinner is tonight, but the fridge and freezer are full so it should be easy to figure out.

Gonna brag on my boy...he got 5 awards last night, 2 were scholarships, 1 was his IB stole, 1 was a Presidential Academic Achievement Award (from the US President), and 1 was an IB Learner Profile Award-he got it for "Knowledgeable" . The Stoles for National Honor Society (of which he is President) did not come in, because the teacher who is in charge of it this year is her first year and she didn't realize that she had to order them. They came in this morning though (so close), so he will have it for Graduation.

The other cool thing is that they actually made name plates for the top 10% of the senior class to display on the Hall of Fame Wall-which is for academic achievement, there is another Hall of Fame Wall for athletes, and one for general achievers who excel in areas of service. Anyway, his name is on that Wall for the top 10%, his photo is there for National Honor Society, and another photo for French Honor Society. Actually his 6 man crew (they guys he has gone through school with) are all there, and one of them is Valedictorian. Very Proud!
        Chris
        "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
        Unknown

My journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread36279.html

My "Program": doing my version of a 4:3 - 3 day fast diet with real food every day, with a little twist of anti-inflammatory mixed in.

Comment

• Yay, DS! Making your momma proud! Good job.

Comment

• thanks!
            Chris
            "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
            Unknown

My "Program": doing my version of a 4:3 - 3 day fast diet with real food every day, with a little twist of anti-inflammatory mixed in.

Comment

• yeah for the Boy!! How exciting!
              Karin

Comment

• Yep, he was pretty full of himself when we got home yesterday.
                Chris
                Unknown

Comment

• ok, well, true confessions. Since I have started 5:2 I have been less than Primal. For the most part I have been eating real food, ie. stuff I make at home, but there have been grains and *gasp* sugar. This past weekend was particularly full of that stuff. Then my "fast" day was less than perfect, and yesterday's moderate day was a tad higher than I have been trying to do. Not feeling guilty mind you, just a tad worried about the number on the scale. So I just wasn't getting on it. Well this morning I decided to pay the piper and face the music, I got on the scale.

265.6, so that is the lowest it has been since I started the 5:2. Not by a lot as the previous low was 265.8. But that one was taken at the end of the week the day after my second "fast". So the movement is downward despite myself. I like that, because it really feels like I am cheating.
                  Chris
                  Unknown

Comment

• Hey.. I will take loss even if it is slow and at this point, I do not think I will lose anyway but slow.

I love the losing despite myself comment though! LOL
                    Karin

Comment

• totally agree that a downward trend is what I am looking for. I really don't mind it slow as I feel like it will give my skin more time to retract and hopefully avoid the dreaded hanging skin. I am especially fearful of the "apron". I know that at my age it has to be slow for me to have a prayer of the skin following the fat.

The beauty is that I feel more confident than I ever have about any thing else I have ever done, that this is something I can do for the rest of my life.
                      Chris
                      Unknown

Comment

• 264.4 that is 1.2 lower than yesterday. Today, I will leave work early and drive to pick DD up from school. So I don't know what kind of day it is going to be food wise. Technically moderate, but we may stop and eat on the way home or wait till we get home. Obviously if we stop it will be higher than if we eat at home.

Tomorrow is DS's graduation. So hard to believe I am that old. Where the heck does the time go? *ok, see this is why I am such a crier, I am already starting down the path and I still have a good 24 hours before the event even starts* Bittersweet for sure.
                        Chris
                        Unknown

Comment

• Score!!! Great Job.
                          Primal since 9/24/2010
                          "Our greatest foes, and whom we must chiefly combat, are within." Miguel de Cervantes

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
                          MFP username: MDAPebbles67

Comment

• Nice job on the drop.

Don't forget the tissue when you go to graduation!
                            Karin

Comment

• All that is in my purse for these sorts of events is my ID (I am usually the driver), and tissues (I carry a fairly small purse). I don't think this can be as bad as The Youth Sunday was though, so I should be covered. Lots of crying over the course of 2 weeks I can tell you. And it will start again when he leaves for college.
                              Chris
                              Unknown

Comment

• 263 that is down 1.4 since yesterday, which was a moderate day, I think. I did my typical dd morning coffee and only water all day. Then drove to get DD and we had dinner out. I posted it but feel pretty sure the calories posted low, but since it wasn't a dd it doesn't really matter.

The thing I am finding is that I often think, wow you ate a lot, but when I figure out the calories it is not as bad as I thought it was. So this notion that fat people under report what they eat is kind of, I dunno, wrong? I actually try to over report portions, just to be on the safe side. Well, no matter, because soon enough I will only have to count on dd's as I will have a nice pattern set. I will say it again (and continue to assert it as long as the scale keeps showing lower numbers) this is by far the easiest "diet" I have ever been on. It truly does constitute a total mental/lifestyle change. Wahoo!

So today is graduation. We are going to a very nice Steak restaurant. DD is still vegetarian, and to the point that eating meat products makes her not feel well. She decided though that she probably needs to get her system used to eating meat so that she doesn't get sick while traveling. So we will be giving her a bit of beef everyday till her system is used to it. I am going to make her some bone broth, which we will use to make a veggie soup for her. We also need to get her ok with sea food, so that will be coming into her diet as well. She is on her own with chicken and turkey-I don't care for either so I don't cook em!
                                Chris
                                Unknown

Comment

Working...
                                X