No announcement yet.

Primal Journal-deMuralist

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I need to be more aware of body cues. Its amazing how fast you can become desensitized to them.
    Karin

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

What am I doing? Depends on the day.

Comment

• yep, now I just have to learn to actually act on them correctly!
      Chris
      "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
      Unknown

My journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread36279.html

My "Program": doing my version of a 4:3 - 3 day fast diet with real food every day, with a little twist of anti-inflammatory mixed in.

Comment

• My body wants Pop Tarts. What should I do?
        Primal since 9/24/2010
        "Our greatest foes, and whom we must chiefly combat, are within." Miguel de Cervantes

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
        MFP username: MDAPebbles67

Comment

• so here is new and interesting info for those of us who like math and stats...Calorie Line: Basal Metabolic Rate (BMR), Resting Energy Expenditure, & Total Daily Energy Expenditure (TDEE)

This calculator tells me that if I laid in bed and wanted to maintain my weight, I would have to eat about 1800 calories a day. If I ate about 1400 a day I would slowly drift down to 170 (which is about my goal). So I multiplied 1400 by 7 days a week and got 9,800 for the week. So I take off my 2 "fasting" days of @500 and that give me 8,800. If I divide that by the 5 days I am not fasting that gives me 1,760 calories a day for my low end. Now to do it for my high end I do the same math with the 1800 calories...and I get 2,320 calories for the 5 days left after fasting.

That is laying in bed mind you. Now given that I spend 4 days at lower calories, 2 fasting @500 calories and 2 sorta fasting @about 800 calories, that means I almost have to work to eat all the calories on the 3 days left.

How can this not work? Well, I think it does, and for me, so much easier than the daily grind.
          Chris
          "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
          Unknown

My "Program": doing my version of a 4:3 - 3 day fast diet with real food every day, with a little twist of anti-inflammatory mixed in.

Comment

• Originally posted by Pebbles67 View Post
            My body wants Pop Tarts. What should I do?
            raw or toasted?

*ask again, it must be confused*
            Chris
            Unknown

Comment

• Raw. They sell them in the vending machines here at school.
              Primal since 9/24/2010
              "Our greatest foes, and whom we must chiefly combat, are within." Miguel de Cervantes

Comment

• actually, listen again.. does it really want poison?
                Karin

Comment

• Originally posted by Pebbles67 View Post
                  My body wants Pop Tarts. What should I do?
                  Pop-Tart bikini top, with belly dancing skirt!

Comment

• Oh My, What happens when I eat it off myself?
                    Primal since 9/24/2010

Comment

• you get to be a Playboy Centerfold!

Oh my, in the vending machine?!? that would be a problem for me, disgusting but true, I really like raw pop tarts.
                      Chris
                      Unknown

Comment

• ^^^ me too
                        Karin

Comment

• ok so I just read the rest of the page I had linked to (Calorie Line: Basal Metabolic Rate (BMR), Resting Energy Expenditure, & Total Daily Energy Expenditure (TDEE)) the interesting thing that they do is figure out your REE (Resting Energy Expenditure), then multiply it by 1.2 activity factor to get your TDEE (Total Daily Energy Expenditure) because it is actually difficult to really get all the way down to your REE THEN instead of having you figure out what you should use as an activity multiplier they have you add in your calories that you got from whatever exercise you did. (there is some chart for it). Because the original definitions for the multipliers were figured out using "Italian men during the Depression and WWII" and lightly active may nt mean the same thing for you.

So I am just going to go with my REE x's 1.2 and figure any activity is bonus.

REE for my current weight is 1815, and for my goal weight is 1407. So TDEE for current weight is 2,178 and for my goal is 1,688.

For fasting days my goal is to eat below 25% of TDEE so that means I can eat between 422 and 545 calories.

Total for the week would be between 11,816 and 15,246.

Curiosity, I am going to track for a few weeks and see what happens. I have only been tracking on fasting days.
                          Chris
                          Unknown

Comment

• I defeated the Pop Tarts...this time.
                            Primal since 9/24/2010

Comment

• oh, good for you! I am kind of surprised they have that sort of thing in NY, or it is only the city where the Mayor is exerting control over such things? I thought the high schools were cleaning up the vending machines.
                              Chris
                              Unknown

Comment

• Not in the teachers lounge
                                Karin

Comment

Working...
                                X