Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Very cute.

You're sounding so good!

As soon as we get back from vacation, I will get back to 5:2 and/or EOD. I'm probably going to start with 5:2...if I could lose a pound a week (or even .5 lb), I'd be totally happy. We shall see.
    -- Ruth

Comment

• Silly Sabine, I think you do much other housework like a crazy woman though!

Ruth, the difference between doing the 5:2 and the EOD is like night and day. 5:2 is likely slower, but soooo much easier.
      Chris
      "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
      Unknown

My journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread36279.html

My "Program": doing my version of a 4:3 - 3 day fast diet with real food every day, with a little twist of anti-inflammatory mixed in.

Comment

• I'm in.
        Karin

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

What am I doing? Depends on the day.

Comment

• I really loved my fast day last week, but I think it seriously messes with my coumadin levels. Not sure what to do.
          Primal since 9/24/2010
          "Our greatest foes, and whom we must chiefly combat, are within." Miguel de Cervantes

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
          MFP username: MDAPebbles67

Comment

• Paula, I bet it does, wonder though if you just drink enough fluid to keep the concentration of coumadin in the blood low if that could be enough. I surely would not do more than once at week, at least for now, and I would probably follow it with a day that is full of foods that would counter balance the effects of not eating.

Karin, I love company!
            Chris
            "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
            Unknown

My "Program": doing my version of a 4:3 - 3 day fast diet with real food every day, with a little twist of anti-inflammatory mixed in.

Comment

• Coumadin levels are set based on what you eat. More vitamin K foods more coumadin needed. When I am doing regular primal, with veg it works out okay. I think fasting only one day a week is right. I'll make sure to have a salad daily.

In addition, I am going to apply to get my own inr machine. That way if I go high, I can call the doc to get my dose lowered.
              Primal since 9/24/2010
              "Our greatest foes, and whom we must chiefly combat, are within." Miguel de Cervantes

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
              MFP username: MDAPebbles67

Comment

• Oh, for some reason I thought that fluid intake had some influence too. Well having the salad at least the day before and after is probably very a good idea, having the INR machine would be helpful too.
                Chris
                Unknown

Comment

• not much to report. I did get into some salty nuts yesterday so puffy fingers this morning. We are doing a bake sale at church to benefit the youth missions in Guatemala. I spent yesterday wrapping and pricing baked goods, and this morning will be spent selling them.

Also yesterday, I had to make the posters for that (just realized I spelled Guatemala wrong on all the posters), I had to get some stuff to sell there (got 2 cakes at Costco-too busy to bake), had to take a USB stick to edit and print photos at Walgreens, and mowed my lawn.

2 days in a row of standing are starting to wear on my ankles, and I have one more today. This afternoon we are going to have a picnic at a local winery. It will be a zoo because it is Mother's Day (Happy day to all the mother's out there!!!) but we are doing it because we finally have a day when we and BFF's can get together and that the weather is going to cooperate.

It is also DD's 20th birthday.
                  Chris
                  Unknown

Comment

• Happy mother's day, Chris. Sounds like a beautiful day. Have a great time.
                    -- Ruth

Comment

• thanks Ruth. I am just waiting on the friends to get here and then we are off.
                      Chris
                      Unknown

Comment

• Fantastic day yesterday! The weather was perfect. The vineyards were beautiful. The band was wonderful and played at a volume that allowed easy conversation.

the only down parts were that my kids weren't with me. DS has either caught a cold or his allergies have taken over, either way it was best he sleep it off so he stayed home. It was DD's birthday and the first of hers we didn't spend at least a part of together, she is still away at school-I will pick her up on Friday. But we went with BFF her hubs and their kids, so a pretty decent stand in.

We did a tasting, and their Blackberry Liqueur tasted just like the wine my grandfather used to make, so I bought a bottle for my mom. Their Raspberry Liqueur is amazing and I will be able to have a small bit of it as "dessert" on my weekend up days, so I bought a bottle for myself. DH ended up joining their Wine Club, which was free to join and gives a 10% discount on bottles bought and basically wants you to buy 2 bottles every quarter (he will have no problem with that!). They also have a lovely pink rose made from grapes they grew on site.

Anyway, beautiful place, wonderful day! Back to reality today, errands to run and chores to do.
                        Chris
                        Unknown

Comment

• I forgot to mention that while I just got 6,672 steps yesterday, I "climbed" 25 flights of stairs. Between setting up for the Youth Bake Sale fund raiser in the morning, and walking up and down and back up the hills at the vineyard, most of the walking I did yesterday was, obviously not on a level plain!
                          Chris
                          Unknown

Comment

• atypical occurrence...made a plate for lunch, but got full and had to put almost half of it back in the fridge.
                            Chris
                            Unknown

Comment

• Yesterday on the way home from his bike ride, my Honey stopped at one of his favorite restaurants for one of his favorite meals: green hatch chili burritos. He couldn't finish it, which has NEVER happened before. He told me he thinks ADF is affecting his capacity.

Comment

• Good for him! My DH would never stop before his plate was clean. He is on the thin side though, so not a problem at the moment.

I definitely think it is making me less afraid to be hungry, which means I also don't need to be stuffed. I am becoming much more aware of body cues.
                                Chris
                                Unknown

Comment

Working...
                                X