No announcement yet.

Primal Journal-deMuralist

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thanks! He kind of goofed off his junior year -he rarely turned in homework (he couldn't be bothered with what he thought was busy work), but managed to get nearly perfect scores on tests, and kept his "A" average-, so I am a pinch worried about college, but I have done all I can do, so I have to let it go!
    Chris
    "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
    Unknown

My journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread36279.html

My "Program": doing my version of a 4:3 - 3 day fast diet with real food every day, with a little twist of anti-inflammatory mixed in.

Comment

• So yesterday was a high down day or a low moderate day depending on your point of view. I didn't drink enough, and ended up being hungry at the end of the day. Didn't feel like cooking, so I ate some spanakopita, which took me a tad high.

I forgot to weigh this morning, I was thinking on the way to work that really this plan feels less like a "diet" than anything else I have ever done except when I was not doing anything. But even then, I worried. This is so completely different.

I have a reception to go to tonight. It starts at 6, so I assume it is dinner. So today will end up being a moderate day. Tomorrow will be a fast, Friday will be moderate as well-it is DS's graduation party, so technically I won't get 2 real fast days in this week (I don't even attempt it on non-work days). But I am ok with that. It will slow the downward trend this week, but it is a drop in the Pacific compared to the journey.
      Chris
      "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
      Unknown

My "Program": doing my version of a 4:3 - 3 day fast diet with real food every day, with a little twist of anti-inflammatory mixed in.

Comment

• I think the getting over the "diet" aspect is huge. It sounds like this is just more natural for you and hey, getting results must mean its the right thing.
        Karin

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

What am I doing? Depends on the day.

Comment

• I particularly like being able to feel "normal". Went to lunch with DD while in Knoxville, and had a lovely burger on some mixed greens with their house dressing and a cup of broccoli soup. It was all wonderful, and I did not think once about the calories or primal-ness of it all, just what I was hungry for.

SO praying that I continue to lose weight on it.
          Chris
          Unknown

Comment

• OMG! I was a little hesitant to get on the scale this morning, I really want this WOE to be it for life -because I love it and because I want to be done with the searching. Since my down day on Tuesday ended up being a moderate day, and yesterday, well, I would say was a high moderate day, so the scale I was afraid would show me I couldn't do this 5:2 thing and succeed. But this morning I sucked it up and got on the scale. 266 that is only 2 tenths more than my last down day weight of 265.8, which is also the lowest I have been in, well, months.

Today is a fast day. I am optimistic, and of course the scale victory helps ensure that it will be a successful fast day. Thank goodness, cause a scale blowout would have made it very difficult!
            Chris
            Unknown

Comment

• That is fantastic! I love what you are doing. It seems like a way to moderate the UD/dd in a way that gives normal-ality. Making me think....
              Karin

Comment

• Yay! It is important for us to be comfortable that little deviations from our program, do not mean the END or the failure of the program.

I am interested to see if, after doing this for a while, the difference between my Up Day and Down Day weights will gradually narrow. Ooh, another thing to chart!

Comment

• I cannot explain how or why but this really does feel different than any other WOE or "lifestyle change" I have tried. First off, for about 5 days a week it isn't a change. So instead of trying to change everything and do without every day, I only have to sustain that for 2 days a week. And they can be any 2. And it doesn't actually "have" to be under 500. The flexibility with this is amazing. And no guilt. Just a little fear, that I will wake up tomorrow and it will not be what I am thinking it is and it will stop feeling good and stop working.

To me one of the best things about this is that I did not have to let anyone in on the plan. When I give up things, people notice. This way, I still eat dinner with the family and some nights are lighter than others. I can go out to eat lunch with DD, I don't have to add fat to anything unless I want to for taste, I don't have to have some weird snack so I can hit the macros spot on. I can eat when I am hungry (and I am not afraid to be hungry- so I don't have to eat just because I have a hunger twinge), I can eat what I truly want (which I am getting a much better handle on), and I actually stop when I am full (not to get to where I stop when I am no longer hungry!).

I am amazed at how this is changing the way I feel about food, hunger, and myself.
                  Chris
                  Unknown

Comment

• Originally posted by demuralist View Post

I am amazed at how this is changing the way I feel about food, hunger, and myself.
                    This. So much.

Comment

• Originally posted by demuralist View Post
                      I cannot explain how or why but this really does feel different than any other WOE or "lifestyle change" I have tried. First off, for about 5 days a week it isn't a change. So instead of trying to change everything and do without every day, I only have to sustain that for 2 days a week. And they can be any 2. And it doesn't actually "have" to be under 500. The flexibility with this is amazing. And no guilt. Just a little fear, that I will wake up tomorrow and it will not be what I am thinking it is and it will stop feeling good and stop working.

To me one of the best things about this is that I did not have to let anyone in on the plan. When I give up things, people notice. This way, I still eat dinner with the family and some nights are lighter than others. I can go out to eat lunch with DD, I don't have to add fat to anything unless I want to for taste, I don't have to have some weird snack so I can hit the macros spot on. I can eat when I am hungry (and I am not afraid to be hungry- so I don't have to eat just because I have a hunger twinge), I can eat what I truly want (which I am getting a much better handle on), and I actually stop when I am full (not to get to where I stop when I am no longer hungry!).

<3 this. I think I need to rethink how I was doing UD/DD even with my loco life.. kinda jealous..in a good way
                      Karin

Comment

• I think having only 2 days out of 7 that are under 25% of your TDEE is way more flexible than UD/DD was. And even more than 4:3. Having 2 non-consecutive days is very freeing. Especially when my TDEE is 2200 calories. So technically I can eat up 2200 on the other 5 days. What the heck, I can eat just about anything I want and not hit 2200, especially if I am actually even close to listening to my hunger. And 25% of 2200 is actually 550, for 2 days I can handle that.

Also, even if I go over on the low days, I do 2 moderate days (usually between 800 and 1300 calories) as well so I have "room to roam" so to speak.

BUT, even on those days that I thought I went hog wild, I have not hit 2200 yet.

And honestly, it is mentally very different. (I gotta go back and read my journal and see if I have said that before each of my new N=1 experiments). Even in my craziest weeks, I can find 2 days I can fast. And even if I don't I always have next week.
                        Chris
                        Unknown

Comment

• My thoughts for the day:

Dust if you must.
                          But wouldn’t it be better,
                          To paint a picture, or write a letter,
                          Bake a cake, or plant a seed?
                          Ponder the difference between want and need.

Dust if you must.
                          But there is not much time
                          With rivers to swim and mountains to climb!
                          Music to hear, and books to read,
                          Friends to cherish and life to lead.

Dust if you must.
                          But the world’s out there
                          With the sun in your eyes,
                          the wind in your hair,
                          A flutter of snow, a shower of rain.
                          This day will not come round again.

Dust if you must.
                          But bear in mind,
                          Old age will come and it’s not kind.
                          And when you go, and go you must,
                          You, yourself, will make more dust.
                          Chris
                          Unknown

Comment

• ohmygosh... that is wonderful and timely. I am making a copy to hang where I will see it daily. Thank you.
                            Karin

Comment

• yep, I have just put a copy in my kitchen!
                              Chris
                              Unknown

Comment

• I only dust about three times a year, as it is!

Comment

Working...
                                X