• Show
Clear All

• SW 3/1/13 =274.8
    CW=265.4 down another .6
    Calories = 484
    Net Carbs = 18g/17%
    Fat= 21g/44%
    Protein= 42g/39%
    Sleep = 7:15 95% had 2 nice long stretches and only 2 brief wakes up of less than 10 minutes each-which I don't remember
    Steps= 5603 3 flights of stairs

My steps are soooo low, this sinus situation is really taking its toll on my desire to move. Hoping to get some really good sleep this weekend to knock it the rest of the way out.

Well, yes, I can say I am well pleased with this 5:2 way I have adjusted to my life. Just half a pound away from 10 pounds in 6 weeks. Heck, I was 273.2 on the 8th of April! That is 7 pounds in 2 weeks. And more of that this week than last! Of course I now have 4 "up days" in a row so that is going back up, but to me the weight that counts is the one after the second fast day, and that is the one I am going to take because I figure the gain is mostly water, and the losses are fat. That is my story and I am sticking to it!

Doing my 4 work days the same until dinner makes things very easy for me, and allows me the flexibility I need. If something comes up suddenly it does not wreck my day or my week. I didn't have that sense with the 4:3. Although I could have if I worked 3 non-consecutive days, because fasting and being at home do not go well together. At work if I get a bit weak willed it doesn't matter there is nothing there to eat unless I go out and get something-and of course by then I will have had a chance to talk myself out of it. I can easily sustain this for life-or at least until I retire, and hopefully by then it will be such a habit I won't have to be away from the house to be a successful faster.

It feels so good to be able to have days where I don't have to worry about what I eat, I do keep myself to mostly Primal -and certainly all whole foods and mostly homemade from scratch- on them, but that feels way more "normal" than having to restrict carbs and protein and chugging tablespoons of fat.
    Chris
    "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
    Unknown

My journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread36279.html

My "Program": doing my version of a 4:3 - 3 day fast diet with real food every day, with a little twist of anti-inflammatory mixed in.

Comment

• This is totally, and completely, awesome. I love how this is fitting in with your life!!!!
      -- Ruth

Comment

• me too. I am actually shocked at how much difference it made in compliance to just do the 2 "fasting" days as opposed to doing 3, and in turn what a difference that has made in the weight loss. The month of March I was "doing" ADF (with the exception of the days I was away, so 10 days out of town) I went from 274 to 272 on April 1. The first week of April when I was floundering around trying to figure out how to get 3 fast days in, I went up to 273. So the 2 weeks I hit on this formula have really nailed it both in fitting into my life and in the numbers on the scale. Now I know it is going to slow down, but the trend is finally going in the right direction and I am cautiously optimistic.
        Chris
        "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
        Unknown

My "Program": doing my version of a 4:3 - 3 day fast diet with real food every day, with a little twist of anti-inflammatory mixed in.

Comment

• Hey, I found a really cool app if you have an iPhone. It is called Healthcare-tracks your weight using a trend line. It is from Havevalue, Ltd and is free.
          Chris
          Unknown

Comment

• And the health benefits from SIRT1 et al, seem to come with the 5:2 method as much as EOD. Score!

Comment

• yep, that was my thinking, easier with the same benefits both health and weight wise, win win!
              Chris
              Unknown

Comment

• SW 3/1/13 =274.8
                CW=264.8 down another .6 after a really up day!
                Calories =?
                Net Carbs = ?
                Fat= ?
                Protein= ?
                Sleep =6:22 90%
                Steps= 5832 6 flights of stairs - It looks like this is about average for what I do when I feel like crap and skip the treadmill

So you will note that there was a loss on the scale. You may also note that I did not keep track of what I ate yesterday. We had a group over last night, all preparing scrapbooks for their children. We had a counter full of finger foods, dips, and lovely desserts. Yep, I ate a bit of everything. Even if I had counted how much of each thing I ate-no idea how to get it into MFP accurately. I felt like I over ate, as I put one more little dessert in my mouth as I was thinking "man I am stuffed".

So now I go into my 3 up days. I will be tracking them though.

obviously, given that I still lost after what was a very up day, I am loving this WOE/WOL.
                Chris
                Unknown

Comment

• SW 3/1/13 =274.8
                  CW= 267 up 3 it was the second up day
                  Calories =?
                  Net Carbs = ?
                  Fat= ?
                  Protein= ?
                  Sleep =6:53 91%
                  Steps= I forgot to put the fitbit back on when I changed clothes, so it only showed 3112 steps for yesterday.

Yesterday was a bit of a free for all, so no surprise that my weight is up so far. Fingers and toes are puffy. It was not the kind of non-fasting day that I am proud of, not just for quantity-although I am sure it was a bit too much as I felt very full-but also for quality.

Today will be better.

p.s. kinda missing my SPEED sistahs, what is everyone up to?
                  Last edited by demuralist; 04-28-2013, 07:16 AM.
                  Chris
                  Unknown

Comment

• Hi,
                    It has been a busy weekend. We had a music judging event all day yesterday and I already did the grocery shopping today. We plan to play outside this afternoon because the weather is beautiful. I bet it is really nice down by you too.
                    I have the urge to plant something. Maybe it will cheer me up.
                    Primal since 9/24/2010
                    "Our greatest foes, and whom we must chiefly combat, are within." Miguel de Cervantes

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
                    MFP username: MDAPebbles67

Comment

• Should be nice by tomorrow, yesterday and today we are in the middle of a flood warning. Never paid much attention to that sort of thing in the past, but next Sunday is the 3 year anniversary of our flood so it seems more real, although right now it looks like the rain has passed.

I am still weeding, good news is the wet ground will make it easier. My azaleas are blooming like crazy so the front of my house looks like a white flower explosion.

I try to plant in the fall, but usually add to the perennial garden in the spring. I need to add some succulents to my front urns too.

It is nice to have busy weekends, but it makes them go by so quickly!

Hope your dietary clean up is going well.
                      Chris
                      Unknown

Comment

• I just finished something like almost 20 freezer/crock pot meals. And made lunch. And prepped for dinner or lunch tomorrow. Whew. I'm beat - but feel SO good about it! DH is cleaning the kitchen (I'm a bit of a tornado.........) and I will go help him in a few (my feet are TIRED).

Weather is gorgeous here, not that I've been outside today
                        -- Ruth

Comment

• wow, you are ambitious! My freezer wouldn't fit 20 crock pot meals in it. wish I had a stand alone one. Of course a lot less need for it after August when we will become empty nesters.
                          Chris
                          Unknown

Comment

• Even though there are only 3 of us, we manage to keep the outside freezer full. I try to buy meat in bulk (1/4 cow at a time) and then I do these freezer meals. I also buys tons of frozen veggies, especially when they are on sale. What can I say -- we eat a lot But, we don't have much in the pantry. Some oils, some vinegars, a few canned veggies (tomatoes), coconut milk, rice, etc. So, my pantry is basically storage for things like my griddle, food processor, dog food, etc.
                            -- Ruth

Comment

• I am sure that is healthier, cause most of what is in my pantry is stuff I shouldn't really be eating. I really need to clean it out though as it is still mostly things from before I started Primal, and even before I started Atkins. The good news is that at least it doesn't get moldy, but it probably isn't any good anymore either (arborio rice, cornmeal, etc). Someday when I have nothing to do. I don't actually have anyplace to put a freezer, my basement is big enough but the electricity is connected to the light switch, so lights out and all electricity is off down there.

Once we are empty nesters we are likely to eat breakfast for dinner most nights anyway. I like breakfast, just not in the mornings.

So I sat down today and figured out my week's calories on 5:2, and here is how it goes....

my TDEE (the lowest one from all the TDEE calculators) is 2200 for maintenance. So that is 15,400 a week. If we assume that 3,500 is a pound (that is one big "if") and I want to lose a pound a week that gives me 11,900 left to eat for the week. Then we take my 2 "fast" days which are 500 each and we are left with 10,900 for the week. Then we take the fact that my other 2 work days have been averaging a little less than 1,200, and take that 2,400 off of the 10,900 for the week and that leaves me 8,500 calories for my 3 day weekends. Which is 2,800 per day for Saturday, Sunday, and Monday.

Now I don't use that many on each of those 3 days, but sometimes Friday goes a little higher and usually one of those days goes a little higher, but the other 2 actually go a bit lower.

So what that translates to is this is very easy for me, and I am trending downward. win win.
                              Chris
                              Unknown

Comment

• SW 3/1/13 =274.8
                                CW= 268.4 up after an up day
                                Calories = 1730
                                Net Carbs = 134g/32%
                                Fat= 97g/52%
                                Protein= 70g/17%
                                Sleep =6:50 91%
                                Steps= nevermind! I start back on the treadmill tomorrow, still have a bit of congestion going on.

So, a big part of the reason that I put on pounds on my up days is that I don't drink as much when I am at home. I do drink the coffee and tea in the morning and cups of tea through out the day, but never finish even one of the 50oz bottles of ACV, in fact I rarely even start them. My fingers and toes get very puffy, they look like little sausages, and rings are very tight. I have tried in the past to force it, but I just have given up. I think I need to work on it. Get at least 1 of the ACV bottles in.

Errands to run today, mostly grocery and gas. Also need to cut the grass and lay down the second "weed and feed" treatment. Then I need to put together a slideshow of DS through the years for his graduation party. Tonight I get to go to a planning party. Moms are gathering to plan the graduation party for our sons. These 6 boys have been friends since they all arrived at middle school in 5th grade. At least 3 of them are going to the same college. DS and one of the them have signed up to be roommates.

Today is an up day.

Forgot to mention why my carbs are so high...I had a hankering for oatmeal. So I cooked up a serving of Steel Cut Oats, added a stirred egg at the end (made it more like a custard and added some protein), T of walnuts, splash of stevia, and thoroughly enjoyed it.

of course the potstickers at dinner were over the top
                                Last edited by demuralist; 04-29-2013, 05:21 AM.
                                Chris
                                Unknown

Comment

Working...
                                X