No announcement yet.

Primal Journal-deMuralist

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 259.4! I am in the 50's. Holy cow. This means that technically I have less than 100 pounds to lose now, since my tentative goal is 160. This does not seem as daunting as when I started and had 130 pounds to lose. 130 is what my daughter weighs. It is like I was walking around giving her a piggy back ride. No wonder I am not energetic! Somehow being under a 100 to lose, and well more importantly, that I have lost 30 and now know that I have found the way to lose the rest, makes this all a lot less daunting. And quite frankly very exciting.

Yesterday I was hungrier than normal and actually had a snack, ended up slightly over my target range and still lost 6/10ths of a pound.

Stats:1,770 Calories (70 over), 83g Carbs, 23g Fiber (60g net carb=10 over), 95g fat (hit the mark), 154g Protein (well it is not the 180 I am "supposed" to get but getting higher).

I have made a long list of the things I need to have accomplished by the end of the Thanksgiving break. A lot of it is yard work. Mow the lawn, pick up the leaves, do my fall plantings, paint the sealant on the new deck, etc. But it is raining, it rained all day yesterday, and it is supposed to rain tomorrow. Which basically means I have to start the cake bites today. So I have to bake 2 red-velvet cakes today. Thank goodness the scale was down this morning cause the combo of baking cakes and the number on the scale being higher is a recipe for disaster! I will be wearing the surgical mask as insurance during all phases of the process!

I have to go get a new Christmas tree this year. I use a white one and the one I have we have had for at least 15 years. It cost me $15, on an after Christmas sale. I have planned to buy one after Christmas for the past few years, but we go to the beach for the week between Christmas and New Year's and I don't shop on vacation, even if I did, there is no place to shop. So I will have to break down and pay full price. The old one is falling apart. I am going to get a pre-lit one that opens and closes like an umbrella, where the branches are all hinged.

We don't have company this year so I am not going to go crazy with the decorations. Just the one tree (we do a real one as well if we are going to have a lot of company) and the manger scene basically. I was raised Catholic so our wise men travel and do not arrive at the manger until the 6th. They start out in another part of the house and every few days they meander through the house getting a little closer. When my kids were little they used to love to try to find the wise men and their camel. They still appreciate it.

We don't do presents and so it is a low stress holiday. Well Santa comes for the kids still, but we are much bigger on experiences than presents, thus the trip to the beach with my BFF's family. This year, if my dad is up for it, my parents are going to join us. My dad is a great cook, and we all love to play cards, it is a great time, we keep a jigsaw puzzle going on one of the tables, walk and play frisbee on the beach as the weather allows, there is Wii karioke, and of course football games, and catching up on each others lives and on our reading. Last year a few of the guys built a potato cannon from a book called "Backyard Ballistics".
    Chris
    "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
    Unknown

My journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread36279.html

My "Program": doing my version of a 4:3 - 3 day fast diet with real food every day, with a little twist of anti-inflammatory mixed in.

Comment

• Originally posted by Pebbles67 View Post
      Well, as you know, I have been Primal over a year and still have major binging issues. I have little hope that that will change. Because of those issues, I can't seem to get passed the 210 - 220 range of weight. I know that my problem is a combination of physical and mental issues. I still have not found the right formula for me.

I think I will order the 2 month pkg this weekend after Thanksgiving. Then I will have 4 weeks leading up to xmas.

BTW: WOO HOO for making it back to 260.

Thanks for the help.
      Thanks!

Ok, I will tell you that I had major binging issues, I thought they were mostly related to boredom and work avoidance. But truthfully, it turned out that I think they were about starvation. I read a book about a starvation experiment by Ancel Keyes, this was before he jumped on the cholesterol band wagon. It is amazing and scary what the body will do if it is starving. And he put his subjects on about 1,700 calories a day! You should read it, it is wild that these men did was so familiar to me. If you are starving, at a cellular level, your body will do what it can to get what it needs and no amount of will power is going to stop it. It is about survival. If you are still binging you need something, personally I think it is likely some food, but it could be something emotional, which I believe is less likely.

I also think if you follow the suggestions in the book, and use your consultations with the authors, and keep a PMA (my cheerleading coach's way to remind us to keep a "Positive Mental Attitude") you will breeze past this plateau and reach your goal so much more easily than you will believe.

I really think this book has made a huge difference in my outlook and my chances of getting to my goal and staying there. I don't think you will be sorry just going for it.

thrilled to be able to help!
      Chris
      "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
      Unknown

My "Program": doing my version of a 4:3 - 3 day fast diet with real food every day, with a little twist of anti-inflammatory mixed in.

Comment

• Wow, below 260! I can't believe you are making cakes and not eating any. You go girl!

We are buying a fake tree this year too. My husband loves the real thing, but we are going away. I always loved the fake one I had growing up. Pre lit would be awesome too.
        Primal since 9/24/2010
        "Our greatest foes, and whom we must chiefly combat, are within." Miguel de Cervantes

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
        MFP username: MDAPebbles67

Comment

• Yeah, my sister had one I saw that she pretty much took the decorations off of and closed like an umbrella, thus began my quest for the perfect tree! They are sooo pricey though. the one I really want is like $600, so I have readjusted my sights a little lower, and smaller. Getting a shorter one and putting it on a table so way cheaper!

My Dh likes going to get a real tree, cutting it down and bringing it home. Then leaving the rest to me, now the kids have grown we don't do that anymore! Especially with being away.
          Last edited by demuralist; 11-21-2011, 07:01 AM. Reason: add
          Chris
          Unknown

Comment

• Our posts must have crossed. Those are some great insights on bingeing. I know I am not crazy, but lately I feel like it when I can't stop myself. I'm a grown up for goodness sake. My bingeing has actually gotten worse as I hit Perimenopause. I don't just eat 1 bad thing now. Once I let myself go, its a free for all that lasts the whole day. Well, I'll be joining you on SPEED next week.
            Primal since 9/24/2010
            "Our greatest foes, and whom we must chiefly combat, are within." Miguel de Cervantes

Comment

• Well, if it makes you feel any better I am smack dab right in the middle of menopause. So getting over binging and losing weight is totally possible even with hormonal shifts! Having essentially ended my binging while still having the same level of boredom and work avoidance, I am very sure you will find what it takes to end yours as well. I am thinking we are looking at a chicken and egg situation, which comes first the binge or the negative emotion, personally I am leaning toward the binge coming first.

So excited to have another bud on the SPEED journey!
              Chris
              Unknown

Comment

• Originally posted by Pebbles67 View Post
                Our posts must have crossed. Those are some great insights on bingeing. I know I am not crazy, but lately I feel like it when I can't stop myself. I'm a grown up for goodness sake. My bingeing has actually gotten worse as I hit Perimenopause. I don't just eat 1 bad thing now. Once I let myself go, its a free for all that lasts the whole day. Well, I'll be joining you on SPEED next week.
                *applause*
                Karin

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

What am I doing? Depends on the day.

Comment

• Hey Karin, did you initiate contact with Matt and Jeff or did they get in touch with you first?
                  Chris
                  Unknown

Comment

• Hey! Matt emailed me shortly after I bought the book asked if I had questions and how he could assist. After that he did weekly checks. So nice and helpful. I love that! We have each other here but nice to know that someone else is in your corner too.

I am slowly picking through the book again. I even tossed it from the computer to my kindle to take with me.
                    Karin

Comment

• Jeff just emailed me this morning to ask about my SMART goals. I will have to give him a thoughtful answer this afternoon.

It is essential that we have each other. The thing that the authors add to the mix is that I want to make sure they know I read the book and am following their advice, so I may be a little more motivated to stick closer to the info than I would if I just picked a book up off the shelf. It also ups the excitement for me that I am in touch with the authors. So now that he asked about my SMART goals, I am going to review exactly what that is and how my current goals fit or don't and how I can change them to make sure they do fit. I had sort of forgotten that part and now he reminded me. Very helpful.
                      Chris
                      Unknown

Comment

• so I am up 4/10ths this morning. The only thing different yesterday is that I didn't have my final 2 mugs of tea and I let a little bit of added salt creep in. That combination made my fingers feel a little puffy this morning so I am not surprised or worried about the scale going up. I will take the sprinkles of salt back out and add the tea back in and I am sure that will take care of the situation.

This is a short post as I am running behind this morning and I want to get my sun salutation in, so I will be back later to get more newsy. ttfn
                        Chris
                        Unknown

Comment

• Have to go grocery shopping after work, rats. I went Friday and thought I would be done for the week, but there are things I forgot. Plus I should get a few things dd can eat since she is still vegetarian. She can eat all the sides to the turkey meal, she will probably eat a bit of turkey as well, she is easing out of the whole not eating meat thing.

I am making 2 batches of cake bites this week, I have to take them to church for the tasting party after the Hanging of the Greens. I will be wearing a surgical mask most of the week as these things have a bunch of steps and many chances to do some serious taste testing.
                          Chris
                          Unknown

Comment

• That's a really smart idea...a first defense against unconcious tasting.
                            Primal since 9/24/2010

Comment

• Love it!! Your a brave woman to make cake!
                              Karin

Comment

• Yes, last time I caved. But I was not successfully losing weight then. That is a major deterrent to tasting, the scale is going down, it feels good and I want it to keep going down.

As long as I stay on task, continue losing a close to this same rate, with a little bit of leeway for stalls, I figured out that by my next birthday (11/11/12) I will be at my goal weight. I have never done a program before where I felt so sure that I would get there.

I have printed a photo of myself in this dress that I loved. (it is just black and white on regular typing paper, but it will do) I weighed right around my goal weight in the photo (160-165). I am going to take it out and post it while I bake!

Can't do it today, we are expecting storms and I am afraid the electric will go out while the cake is in the oven. I will have to bake tomorrow. That will give me time to take the photo to work and make multiple copies.
                                Chris
                                Unknown

Comment

Working...
                                X