No announcement yet.

Primal Journal-deMuralist

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I love it to be cold (when I sleep), so I can pile on the blankets!
    -- Ruth

Comment

• The whole time we have been married we have slept under this comforter, I bought it when we got the king sized bed. And we have always kept the house cold to sleep, so much so that we warned guests before they cam to bring warm pj's. Suddenly this past summer, DH decided the comforter made him too hot. It of course had nothing to do with the fact that he had decided to keep the temp at 72 because he was brewing beer and it needed a constant temperature. So yes it was hot and that is when I got the box fan for my feet (I don't like direct flow of air on me). So the beer gets down but we don't get to go back to the 68 degrees air anymore? Then winter comes and he was keeping the heat at 72, I was like oh no no no. He looked back in his notes and saw that yes I was right (we used to have a programmable thermostat and he keeps notes so he knows where to set it to), now the AC and he had it set to 73! WTH? We need to have a talk! I got up the night before last and turned it down, big discussion ensued yesterday. I lost, obviously since he comes to bed later and does the final adjustment. Going to have to work this out.
      Chris
      "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
      Unknown

My journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread36279.html

My "Program": doing my version of a 4:3 - 3 day fast diet with real food every day, with a little twist of anti-inflammatory mixed in.

Comment

• You need another programmable one so that it automatically goes back down at night
        -- Ruth

Comment

• well, except he is the one who programs it. I am planning to get one in the next week or so though. Weird thing is the one upstairs is still programmable and it has our settings on it, all he has to do is go up and look or check his notes for that.
          Chris
          "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
          Unknown

My "Program": doing my version of a 4:3 - 3 day fast diet with real food every day, with a little twist of anti-inflammatory mixed in.

Comment

• I shouldn't laugh, but this is very similar to DH and myself. Except we have the scenario where one of us turns it down (or up, depending on the season) and the other comes by and adjusts it again. As neurotic as I am, I don't keep notes, however
            -- Ruth

Comment

• I am the mistress of my thermostat! LOL
              Karin

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

What am I doing? Depends on the day.

Comment

• once the programmable is set I don't usually touch it.

oh yes he keeps notes for everything!
                Chris
                Unknown

Comment

• notes on everything??
                  Karin

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

What am I doing? Depends on the day.

Comment

• yep, everything! he compulsive that way (gives him info if he needs to talk to his doc)
                    Chris
                    Unknown

Comment

• Well, we've learned how valuable our tracking has been. Chris's DH just takes it to the next level (or two or three).

Who are your kids more like -- or are they a blend of the two of you?
                      -- Ruth

Comment

• Mostly like me, very laid back, but activists (DD is part of the organizing crew that is putting together the Sex Week at UTK! I just shared a photo of her at the booth yesterday) and champions of the underdogs-way more than either DH or I!

DS has a few of DH's less irritating qualities....very punctual, meticulous, fantastic memory, thinker, quiet, steady

DD has a few of mine...more outgoing, joiner, doer, either high or low, rarely in between

They are both very creative in a myriad of ways, but so is DH-not crafty but in thinking outside of the box
                        Chris
                        Unknown

Comment

• SW 4/1/13 =274.8
                          CW=269.4 up 1.4, it was an ud, and it is down .6 from the last ud!
                          Sleep= 6:11 90% efficiency -- it is cooler out side, so no AC or heat, but the house didn't totally cool down yet-tonight should be good!
                          Urine Ketones= didn't bother
                          Blood Ketones= didn't bother
                          Calories = 2195 (2200 is my ud limit)
                          Net Carbs = 66g/12%
                          Fat= 173g/71%
                          Protein= 92g/17%
                          KR = 1.46
                          Steps=8219 ok, slowly making my way back up to the 10,000

So yesterday, I probably ate too much. I say that because it felt like too much in my stomach at the end of the day.

I found an article about "superfoods" and decided to try to incorporate them into the day, but that was after I had eaten lunch, so it was a lot of food to add in one meal and a snack. But I did it because I could, gotta love an up day!

I will actually be doing that on most up days, but start earlier in the day. There were 16 foods of which I will incorporate probably 13 on most of my up days. You want to know what they are don't you?

1. coffee, 2. Thyme, 3. Wild salmon (Omega 3-Castor oil), 4. Kale, 5. Avocados, 6. Basil/mint, 7. Olives/olive oil, 8. Walnuts, 9. Green Tea, 10. Sweet Potatoes (pass-not a fan), 11. Dark Chocolate 60% or better (TJ"S 100 calorie Dark 70%), 12. Asparagus, 13. Pomegranates (pass, they want you to drink 17oz!), 13. garlic, 14. yogurt, 15. blueberries.

I already do most of these on many days, now it will be a concerted effort.

The interesting thing about the thyme is its recently found effectiveness against acne. Ruth, I will put a link for you in your journal.

So for me, this morning the good news is that my weight, while up from yesterday, is lower than after my last up day!
                          Chris
                          Unknown

Comment

• Wow. Great Up day!

Where can I find the KR formula that you ladies use?
                            Primal since 9/24/2010
                            "Our greatest foes, and whom we must chiefly combat, are within." Miguel de Cervantes

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
                            MFP username: MDAPebbles67

Comment

• Originally posted by demuralist View Post

So for me, this morning the good news is that my weight, while up from yesterday, is lower than after my last up day!
                              That's how I like to track. I don't look at my swings between ups and downs, just from one up day to the next (and the next and the next)!

Comment

• Paula, Some one put it in the EMF (I think) thread and Ruth inserted it into the excel spread sheet she sent me so it automatically does the calculation, ask her to send it to you. You can ignore the ud/dd part (which just averages 2 days together), but there is a place for you to put your weight, and your calories and macros and then it does the calculation. I think there is also a place for your ketones and FBS (or I added that I can't remember now) and I add notes at the end of the day. Very nice. She is obviously a wiz at excel!

Sabine, I definitely feel better keeping the weights that are a result of an up day in a separate graph than the ones that are the result of a down day. But oddly, they don't always follow the exact way you would expect (ie. I don't always go up after an up day or down after a down day).
                                Chris
                                Unknown

Comment

Working...
                                X