No announcement yet.

Primal Journal-deMuralist

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So now we combine all of them...ud/dd with SPEED and a bit of EMF, I am letting go of the NK for now, unless I get a cancer diagnosis (obviously not thinking this will happen, just that NK is supposed to be good for cancer).

Even with my less than perfect dd's I still enjoy them-just have to let go of the guilt when I go over 500 calories.
    Chris
    "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
    Unknown

My journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread36279.html

My "Program": doing my version of a 4:3 - 3 day fast diet with real food every day, with a little twist of anti-inflammatory mixed in.

Comment

• so much wisdom spoken here. I have been thinking about SPEED and the protein as well. I was thinking a combo of the two (SPEED?JUDDD) would be awesome.

You are right, this should not be so hard
      Last edited by athomeontherange; 04-09-2013, 11:31 AM.
      Karin

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

What am I doing? Depends on the day.

Comment

• Just posted almost 3 months worth of stats in my journal. It may well need to be a combo of all 3.... I read somewhere else (don't know where) about someone (a lady) expressing frustration that she could never seem to get into NK, yet it seems so easy for others like Jimmy Moore.
        -- Ruth

Comment

• Just as I layered primal on top of low-carb, I am now layering JUDDD on top of low-carb primal. I'm not going to give up anything that makes me feel good, only add to the list.

I do think it is important to give things a good chunk of time before tweaking, though, unless, I don't know, you gain ten pounds in a week. Sometimes we get too caught up in wanting results the NEXT day.

Comment

• Sabine I agree, and I do tend to tweak quickly.

the thing is that I cannot seem to keep to the 500 calorie days. So I am trying to figure out what combination of macros will make those days easier. So I am not giving up low carb or primal or JUDDD, what I am loosening up on is the EMF. If I can't get to where I can do the dd's then I am not really doing JUDDD. so for me the tweaking is about getting to successfully doing dd's.

It actually doesn't seem to be about hunger either, I don't feel hunger when I have eaten over my 500. It almost has a bingey quality. I don't like that. Gotta prevent it.
            Chris
            "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
            Unknown

My "Program": doing my version of a 4:3 - 3 day fast diet with real food every day, with a little twist of anti-inflammatory mixed in.

Comment

• Actually, if you wanted (could live with) a slower weight loss, you can still JUDDD with slightly higher DD calories. I can't remember all of your stats, but I estimate you can get to 700 calories on a DD on the 35% WLM.
              -- Ruth

Comment

• since I am getting no loss currently because I keep messing up the 500 calorie day, it might be a good idea to loosen up. I have not been eating to my limit on my ud's either, so I am not getting a good feast or famine situation.
                Chris
                Unknown

Comment

• Rereading the SPEED book. They clearly say:
                  Eat a low carbohydrate, medium protein, high fat diet...A protein intake of about 1.5g/kg (.68g/lb) seems to be a good amount for health and fat loss. For example, a 160lb (73kg) person would want to ingest about 109 grams of protein/day.

Um, where did we go wrong there? For me, that's a totally reasonable amount of protein. More than I've been eating, but less than I originally was. Sigh. Sometimes I have to give things a few tries.
                  -- Ruth

Comment

• Macros are on p. 157 (171 of the PDF).
                    -- Ruth

Comment

• Speed would have me eating 150g protein. I was never able to hit it.
                      Primal since 9/24/2010
                      "Our greatest foes, and whom we must chiefly combat, are within." Miguel de Cervantes

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
                      MFP username: MDAPebbles67

Comment

• I was the one blowing the protein out the door. Actually, if I use my goal weight in the calc, I get closer to what is natural. I had not remembered the high fat part...
                        -- Ruth

Comment

• Yep it has me at 175g for protein and I don't consider that moderate. However if i use my goal weight then yes i get to 100 to 120g and that is moderate I think.

Have you come across how they determine how many carbs and how much fat?

P.S. i just realized you were giving me a page number. I have the nook version and will look it up now. Thanks
                          Last edited by demuralist; 04-09-2013, 06:12 PM.
                          Chris
                          Unknown

Comment

• Yes. Even I, who loves protein, could not do 150-175. That's a weakness, for sure.
                            -- Ruth

Comment

• Dead battery, rats. I will have to do the research tomorrow.
                              Chris
                              Unknown

Comment

• SW 2/26/13 =274.8
                                CW=270.0 SAME! after an ud
                                Sleep= 6:43 89% efficiency
                                Urine Ketones= didn't bother
                                Blood Ketones= didn't bother
                                Calories = 1803
                                Net Carbs = 53g/12%
                                Fat= 130g/67%
                                Protein= 94g/21%
                                KR = 1.33 my ud's have been higher, thinking the higher carbs lowered this.
                                Steps=7753

So, another thing I noticed when I went back in my journals is that I was averaging 10,000 steps when my weight was at the low point. So motivation to get my butt on the treadmill, even on the days I think I will get the steps in other ways, so that I can get the 10,000 daily average over the course of the week. And thus the reason I added steps to the things I keep track of at the top of every morning.

My nook is messed up, I need to figure out how to get it to turn on, it does this on occasion, I just can't remember how to fix it. So I can't go back and see what the guidelines were for carbs and fats. I think that getting more protein that what I have been makes sense since I had essentially become a vegetarian to hit the low mark. I don't think going back to trying for 170g makes sense though. It may be that I just work to keep my carbs (or at least net carbs) under 50g and let the protein and fat fall where it will.

So today I am going to save the bulk of my calories for when I get home from work. Well actually have to take DS shopping for new shorts right after work, then I am supposed to go to a yoga class at 6:30, so it looks like I will have very little time to partake of any calories till after yoga. Although being short of time has never been a hindrance to eating for me-for exercise yes, eating not so much!

Today is a down day and the 3rd day of TTOM. Typically the worst but I doubt it can be worse than yesterday. Because even though I didn't have cramps TMI ALERT!!!!! even after changing every 2 hours I still had an overflow in the morning. Luckily I was wearing a dark skirt. I am so ready for this whole thing to be over!!!
                                Last edited by demuralist; 04-10-2013, 05:17 AM.
                                Chris
                                Unknown

Comment

Working...
                                X