No announcement yet.

Primal Journal-deMuralist

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• hey guys, I need to scan a bunch of photos this weekend. I have a scanner, but was hoping someone might know of a free app for the iphone that I can take a photo of a photo and transfer it to the computer so that I can put it on a cd or usb stick. The scanner is a PITA to get down and soooooo slow to use. It would be so much easier to just take photos.
    Chris
    "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
    Unknown

My journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread36279.html

My "Program": doing my version of a 4:3 - 3 day fast diet with real food every day, with a little twist of anti-inflammatory mixed in.

Comment

• I don't know of anything, but let me know what you find out. I have a similar project on the horizon
      -- Ruth

Comment

• Speaking of tea (In Ruth's journal)...I found the Red Velvet Cake tea in a local store. It is delicious with absolutely nothing.

I do my pics on a slow scanner as well. Sorry.
        Primal since 9/24/2010
        "Our greatest foes, and whom we must chiefly combat, are within." Miguel de Cervantes

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
        MFP username: MDAPebbles67

Comment

• Paula, is it from The Republic of Tea? I have theirs and it is good plain, but heavenly with a hint of any kind of white stuff (CM, HWC, or half and half).

Well, I just scanned them for now. But I would really like to get all of our photos on discs and using the scanner would take forever!
          Chris
          "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
          Unknown

My "Program": doing my version of a 4:3 - 3 day fast diet with real food every day, with a little twist of anti-inflammatory mixed in.

Comment

• Went to a benefit concert/dinner last night. Ate a very carby dinner, there were zero choices, but did at least manage to eat very small quantities. It was an ud, so no worries, except I am trying to see if I can't get into ketosis and that is not going to happen if I let ud's get carby! Anyway, I didn't bother to track it because who knows what the heck was in every thing and it just isn't worth the trouble knowing I wouldn't be accurate. I also didn't bother to waste a ketostix or do the blood ketone given the carby dinner. I would have like to do a FBS though, but am out of sticks.

SW 2/26/13 =274.8
            CW=270.0 up .8 not bad after an UD
            Sleep= 6:55 91% efficiency
            Urine Ketones= didn't bother
            Blood Ketones= didnt bother
            FBS= out of sticks
            Calories = ?
            Net Carbs = ?
            Fat= ?
            Protein= ?
            KR = ?
            Steps = 5987 with 2 flights, I felt tired and lazy yesterday and feeling the same today.

I will be the only one at work today. So the doors stay locked, and I just hunker down and get some serious work done. But I will get bored.
            Chris
            Unknown

Comment

• ud being carby is a fast trap to fall in. Yesterday was the first truly successful ud regarding carbs. Pre-planning and playing with food in MFP is what I am doing.

Don;t worry about ketosis.. it will come (so I say to myself).
              Karin

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

What am I doing? Depends on the day.

Comment

• yep, pre-planning is key, at least for now! I couldn't plan or control last night, but that is fine.

Tomorrow we have company for dinner. Normally I would start cooking today, but obviously I will wait till tomorrow. Today I will concentrate on housekeeping.

I think I am just going to do a spread of heavy appetizers...cheese/meat slices, artichoke dip, cream cheese dip, celery, cuke slices, and of course crackers for those who eat them. And of course the boston creme pie. This night is mostly about playing cards though.
                Chris
                Unknown

Comment

• Sounds like fun!! I am making fudge brownies in leu of a cake for Lily.
                  Karin

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

What am I doing? Depends on the day.

Comment

• Originally posted by demuralist View Post
                    Paula, is it from The Republic of Tea? I have theirs and it is good plain, but heavenly with a hint of any kind of white stuff (CM, HWC, or half and half).

Well, I just scanned them for now. But I would really like to get all of our photos on discs and using the scanner would take forever!
                    Yes it is from Republic of Tea. I am using CM right now, but I have to use so much to get any kind of flavor, it does not seem worth it.
                    Primal since 9/24/2010
                    "Our greatest foes, and whom we must chiefly combat, are within." Miguel de Cervantes

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
                    MFP username: MDAPebbles67

Comment

• interesting, maybe because I sweeten it that brings out the coconut flavor. I bet a drop of good coconut flavoring would make a huge difference since so much of our taste is ruled by smell.
                      Chris
                      Unknown

Comment

• Well RATS. It was going so well. I did not feel overly hungry. Came home from work and had a plan. But couldn't seem to stop. Now i feel almost sick to my stomach. Just ate so fast that my body did not have a chance to know I was eating. Today may have been a day where i should have stuck to liquids. I will have to consider this in the future.
                        Chris
                        Unknown

Comment

• SW 2/26/13 =274.8
                          CW=270.2 up .2
                          Sleep= 5:21 94% efficiency
                          Urine Ketones= didn't bother
                          Blood Ketones= didnt bother
                          FBS= out of sticks
                          Calories = 1034 about double a dd, but half an ud
                          Net Carbs = 29g/12%
                          Fat= 82g/74%
                          Protein= 36g/14%
                          KR = 1.32 I think this is supposed to be about the same as "optimal ketones" so 1.0 to 3.0?

So here is what I have learned...dd's are harder if the day before has too many carbs! However yesterday I felt really good until I ate something. So my plan for my next dd is to drink my calories. Make my smoothie for breakfast, and one for dinner, then do at least one bone broth with bouillon and salt, my 100oz of ACV water, and lots of tea with or without HWC as available to balance my macros.

Today is an ud, and we have company coming for dinner-it is DH's birthday. I am making a variety of dips, spreads, and cheeses (all naturally low carb) with a variety of dippers (celery, cukes, crackers). This will be the easy part. Then I am making DH's traditional/favorite, a Boston Cream Pie. This is luckily not my favorite so I should not have trouble passing it up. Especially since it is an ud and I am able to enjoy to satisfaction the appetizers.

I have not decided if my dd will be Sunday or Monday.
                          Chris
                          Unknown

Comment

• Today sounds wonderful. Wish I were coming over

What's a Boston Cream Pie? I don't believe I've ever had one... Pretty sure, whatever it is, yours would be divine!!
                            -- Ruth

Comment

• I wish you were coming over today too!!!

Actually a Boston Cream Pie is a cake. I make one every year for DH because his grandmother used to do it for him every year. This is, oddly, one of the things I have trouble with. I have yet (in over 20 years) to get it just right. It is deceptively easy. It is an 8" vanilla cake, which you split to layer (first issue, every tried to do this and get the cut straight? Cause it is gonna show). So this year, clever me, I just baked the recipe in 2 8" cake pans, thus no need to layer it. First problem solved. Between the 2 layers is a vanilla cream pudding (think the filling for an eclair). Many just use a box mix. But I don't think that is right. And for some reason I have trouble getting the consistency right. It needs to be sturdy enough to hold the upper layer, but not so stiff that it isn't creamy. Anyway it is topped with a chocolate ganache-this I can do. It is just a high quality dark chocolate melted with a bit of fat (usually butter) and cream, and then poured over the top. Anyway, cross your fingers that the top layer doesn't slide off into oblivion (yes it has slid off, fallen to the floor, rolled a few feet and disintegrated once-always in front of company).

It isn't my fav, but he loves it, not as much as PB ice cream, but it is special and for him a tradition.
                              Chris
                              Unknown

Comment

• SW 2/26/13 =274.8
                                CW=271.2 up 1
                                Sleep= 5:57 96% efficiency

Not bothering to put the food stats because even though I tried really hard to track all that I ate, at the end of the night I was stuffed and I don't feel confident that the tracked numbers match what I actually ate.

OK, so I have mentally solidified a plan. I will do this plan WITHOUT CHANGE until June 1st.

I will be doing a 4:3 every week.

Most of the time my down days will Monday, Wednesday, and Friday. These days (I think) will mostly be liquids which will include teas with and without HWC, my ACV water, and smoothies of various ingredients. And hopefully they will still be EMF, that is I think one of the things that help make them successful.

The other thing that helps make the dd's successful for me is for the day directly previous to also be EMF (LCHF). So that means that Sunday, Tuesday, and Thursday will be reasonable days that fit those macros. That leaves Saturday. Which I plan to use to loosen up. I will still not eat sugar, grains, processed foods but I will not be religious about it. This is the day I will allow things like a bowl of fresh berries or a serving of greek yogurt. The things I miss while doing EMF/LCHF.

I really think that for this to work long term I need to learn to just eat and move on. I will still track, that is probably a part of my life for the rest of my life, but I will not "control" so much, but work to follow what I think I want to eat. Working to understand hunger and satisfaction and learning to stop before stuffed and feel good about it.
                                Chris
                                Unknown

Comment

Working...
                                X