Primal Journal-deMuralist

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yum. Your dinner sounds lovely!!!!!!

How is Ohio? Hope you guys are having a nice trip!
    -- Ruth

Comment

• Ohio is cold and grey. DH feels like he is home, he is from PA and an Ohio State grad so he loves it, DS and I are Southerners and not feelin it quite as much. Today is full of tours and sessions to try to talk us into Case. dH is already there DS totally unlikely to get there and is just trying to look interested to keep dad from getting pissed. .Already off to a bad start cause DS chose a t-shirt with a pull over and jeans instead of button down and khakis. But he is comfy and will fit in so he is right.
      Chris
      "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
      Unknown

My journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread36279.html

My "Program": doing my version of a 4:3 - 3 day fast diet with real food every day, with a little twist of anti-inflammatory mixed in.

Comment

• Oh, yeah. He did pick the "right" outfit. I could not do the midwest. While Wyoming is freezing cold most of the year, we almost always have clear beautiful blue skies. I cannot do grey and dreary...my mood then matches the weather.
        -- Ruth

Comment

• Yeah the sun just peaked out. Dh has eased up now that he has seen the other students and parents
          Chris
          "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
          Unknown

My "Program": doing my version of a 4:3 - 3 day fast diet with real food every day, with a little twist of anti-inflammatory mixed in.

Comment

• Hope Ohio is a profitable trip regarding DS. It sounds like he will love it or hate it, no in between.

Hey, regarding macros.. on my UD, OMG.. my macros for carbs and such have been out of control. However, if they are not then my protein is whacked. Tips?
            Karin

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

What am I doing? Depends on the day.

Comment

• I havent gotten it worked out yet either. I can generally keep my carbs under control but my protein tends to go high. When i start doing this full time and monitoring I will see if that matters

So far it looks like he is leaning to hate it.
              Chris
              Unknown

Comment

• I lost well for 2 weeks with my protein at 70 g -- and I need about 50 to be in NK. My carbs do stay fairly low, though, about 10-15 g.
                -- Ruth

Comment

• On ud's my protein hit 90 and total carbs 30- net were under 20. On dd's my carbs are about the same my proteins close to 30. It will be interesting to see them when i get back.
                  Chris
                  Unknown

Comment

• Ok i just wanted to report that I got well over 15,000 steps today and 11 flights of stairs, and my feet are killing me. It was a grueling day. And we actually had to skip out on the final session cause DS got a sudden case of diarrhea. He seems fine now, he ate tortilla chips for dinner with a diet soda. Hoping his belly stays calm 10 hours is a long drive with intestinal issues.
                    Chris
                    Unknown

Comment

• Poor ds. Hope he feels better soon. It is terrible trying to travel like that!
                      -- Ruth

Comment

• Hopefully he will just sleep the whole way home. He usually gets over things pretty quickly as he is a healthy kid.
                        Chris
                        Unknown

Comment

• ok, so today starts the real thing JUDDD, and today is an ud.

My weight this morning 270.0, calories allowed on ud are 2200, and calories allowed on dd's are 450 (I will likely go to 500, at least in the beginning). I plan to stay VLC on down days and LC on up days (although this week that may or may not work-Thursday is a meal I have zero control over, and Saturday I will make DH a Boston Creme Pie for his birthday). It looks like I will end up being fairly low protein on down days and moderate protein on up days. Fat will be added or not depending on what I have left.

For this first month, I will be mostly working on falling within the calorie restrictions. I will continue to eat the quality of food I do now, in other words I am not going to suddenly go back to sugars and flours and starches and I will continue to cook from scratch for the most part.

As to monitoring...I just read that urine ketones show up highest in the morning and blood ketones show up highest in the evening. So I feel like I will use that and measure the urine in the morning and the blood in the evening? I don't know how that blood test will be affected by what and when I eat in relation to the test. I look forward to Dr. Ede's article on why Dr. Rosedale suggests it is not necessary to test the blood ketones. At any rate I have about 30 strips and will use them this month until I run out, same with the urine strips.

I am going to stop monitoring both the EMF thread and the ADF thread for now, because I tend to tweak when the scale is not going my way and I feel like the various ways that others are implementing those programs encourage me to do that as well.

I will stay the course exactly as planned for 1 month, and then evaluate the results and make changes (or hopefully not) as the numbers prescribe.
                          Chris
                          Unknown

Comment

• I spend most of my time on the journals - a handful of people I enjoy reading. I only check out the ADF and EMF threads occasionally...too much information.

From reading the LC Friends thread, when the folks checking blood ketones were posting, they all tested in the am. They figured that if their ketones were good in the morning, they were likely to just be higher in the evening. Food for thought.

I can save down to 2007 in Excel. No problem. The formatting might not be as pretty, but the formulas will all work.
                            -- Ruth

Comment

• yes, as I think more about it, it would seem like measuring in the evening would allow too much variability regarding what and when I ate, so I will do it in the morning. This will also give me a comparison of the stix vs. the blood in case I need it for the future. Although I think that once I get the numbers down and the scale is working in my favor I will not test long term, unless or until I hit a stall.

Truthfully I don't think I have gotten into NK for any length of time. Maybe for a part of a day, but I have never shown urine ketones, even in induction on Atkins, and looking at those days of food (yeah for tracking!) my protein was moderate not excessive. So I wonder if there are just some people who can't maintain NK?
                              Chris
                              Unknown

Comment

• I think getting into NK is really hard for some. While I have not yet tested, and assuming I can rely on the physical cues, I can only get there will 50-55g protein and 10-15 g carbs. That's frankly hard. [I enjoy life better at around 70 g protein.] And sustaining that...very difficult.

But the thing in, I don't know that one needs NK to lose weight. One of the things I like about ADF, assuming I can believe what I read, is that it gets one into ketosis and is thus muscle sparing. So maybe one only needs "mild" ketosis to get the results. {It will be interesting to see your blood ketone results --- I suspect as much water/liquid as you drink, it throws off the urine strips...but that's just a guess.}
                                -- Ruth

Comment

Working...
                                X