No announcement yet.

Primal Journal-deMuralist

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• If I give up butter and cream I don't think I could make 50% fat. Plus the enjoyment factor would be really low (which would also be the case if I have to give up stevia-which is the only AS I currently use)
    Chris
    "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
    Unknown

My journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread36279.html

My "Program": doing my version of a 4:3 - 3 day fast diet with real food every day, with a little twist of anti-inflammatory mixed in.

Comment

• Look at your steps!
      -- Ruth

Comment

• I never did the control for the BS, so I will do one tonight (I was trying not to waste a stick) and see if that makes a difference tomorrow morning. I still can't figure out how to use that darn lancet thingy, I just stab myself, so tiny it doesn't hurt at all and there is no residual pain, so I will just go with it.
        Chris
        "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
        Unknown

My "Program": doing my version of a 4:3 - 3 day fast diet with real food every day, with a little twist of anti-inflammatory mixed in.

Comment

• Originally posted by RMS123 View Post
          Look at your steps!
          I know, getting so close!!!
          Chris
          Unknown

Comment

• I need to get mine back up. The dog has a minor nail injury, so no walking for a few days.
            -- Ruth

Comment

• My entire NK history I did OD macros for the first 4 weeks and lost a large chunk of weight twice. The first two weeks were before xmas. I lost from 244 to 232. The I binged for a week over the holidays. In the first two weeks of January, I lost from 247-235. I raised my fats in the middle of January to 80% thinking it would help me stop bingeing. I lost 5 more lbs in those 2 weeks. Then I binged off and on in February bouncing between 227 and 235 at 80% fat. In March, I kept fat at 80% but lowered protein from 78-100 to 60-70.

With the bingeing, it is hard to tell what works. I do feel a big difference in binge behavior since lowering protein. I need to figure out this fat % issue. I have been eating 85%fat since last Sunday, but I binged on Saturday so the results are skewed again. I just don't like how I feel on 85%

One plus is that there is a general downward trend in weight.

I eat all kinds of Dairy-butter, HWC, cheese
              Primal since 9/24/2010
              "Our greatest foes, and whom we must chiefly combat, are within." Miguel de Cervantes

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
              MFP username: MDAPebbles67

Comment

• I like 65-80%. Above 80%, I don't feel like I have "enough" (of course, I'm usually watching the calories at the same time, so then the protein is limited).
                -- Ruth

Comment

• Thanks for the link, RMS. I like reading about a female who has had success. And I love her charts!

Comment

• I'm a chart girl, too It's why I'm excited to start testing fbs. I need more data than my weight!
                    -- Ruth

Comment

• Originally posted by demuralist View Post
                      I just saw today's Diet Doctor blog about "optimal ketosis" and he says he will post more details about his N=1 experiment as well as strategies for people who are still having trouble getting into ketosis.
                      where is this?

Originally posted by RMS123 View Post
                      I don't think we need as much protein as I once believed, but at some point, it's gotta not get too low.
                      agreed.

Originally posted by Pebbles67 View Post
                      Yes, Very interesting. ARGH!!!!!

In order to get to JM's 85%, I have to eat 2000 calories. I am only able to do that by having 2 mega bullet proof coffees a day. It doesn't feel right. Eventually, I want to be eating REAL food. I'd rather eat fewer calories.
                      When we first started this, I was using the optimal diet macros in out first post. I was eating a normal amount of protein and about 70-75% fat and it felt more balanced.

Tomorrow is the end of the week. I may ratchet my fat back down to 70%ish. That way I can easily drop dairy as I have been wanting to do. And those damn artificial sweeteners which I have been using at an alarming rate. I know when I dropped dairy and AS once before, I had a big drop in weight.

at the situation.
                      me too! I so do not want to drop dairy either but to get into NK I might have to.

Originally posted by RMS123 View Post
                      It does seem to work different for men. Here's a woman doing well on nk. Ketosis Done Right: Meet Anne
                      checking it out.

Originally posted by demuralist View Post
                      SW 2/26/13 =274.8
                      CW=268.4 down .8 my feet and fingers are still a bit puffy today
                      Sleep= 7:32 93% efficiency
                      Urine Ketones= gonna wait till the FBS comes down
                      Blood Ketones= not today-waiting for FBS to drop
                      FBS= 99
                      Calories = 1737
                      Net Carbs = 13g/3%
                      Fat= 158g/83%
                      Protein= 62g/14%
                      Steps = 9481

Not quite sure why my FBS is not coming down? I am going to explore that link from DG and see what I can learn. I have not been able to reach 85% for the same reasons, I am simply not going to eat a tablespoon of coconut oil straight.

I will plod along, tomorrow I go for a college visit so my timing will be off and we are going to eat lunch out.
                      I dont want to either. Curious as to how to get high fat minus the dairy...

If I give up butter and cream I don't think I could make 50% fat. Plus the enjoyment factor would be really low (which would also be the case if I have to give up stevia-which is the only AS I currently use)
                      truth.. what to do??

I never did the control for the BS, so I will do one tonight (I was trying not to waste a stick) and see if that makes a difference tomorrow morning. I still can't figure out how to use that darn lancet thingy, I just stab myself, so tiny it doesn't hurt at all and there is no residual pain, so I will just go with it.
                      I ordered more sticks and they sent me a free bottle of BS and 2 more ketone

As to the pain, I feel that little prick. Grr.. the lancent works best for me on 5 and then make sure its straight up and down before clicking the trigger
                      Karin

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

What am I doing? Depends on the day.

Comment

• It can be done without dairy (although I eat butter and ghee - if those don't work, you could easily use lard, tallow, coconut oil, etc.) or nuts, but it is more challenging, especially at higher calorie levels. I eat: (i) very fatty cuts of meat; (ii) add fats to my meats -- I pore the extra fat over my food so I eat all of the calories; and (iii) make a small treat using butter or ghee (I've done coconut oil, but I don't respond well to it), a tad of unsweetened cocoa powder, and stevia. If you can tolerate non-animal sources of fats, you can add avocado, olives, etc.

Of course, this is not necessarily desirable for everyone
                        -- Ruth

Comment

• hmmm.. minus the nuts it looks plausible.. it will take more conscious thought to get it all in I think.
                          Karin

Comment

• Well, here is the deal. I am not giving up dairy or AS, not right now. I will cut it way back, as far as I can and not feel deprived, but geez lets be reasonable here. My first and last teas of the day are going to be loaded up with HWC, butter, and stevia. I can switch my butter out for coconut oil or MCT in the broth, and just drink the rest of my tea without fat, but I like sweet and I honestly think that drinking it keeps me out of the sugar sweets in the house, so I am reticent to give it up.
                            Chris
                            Unknown

Comment

• I agree... at this time I am more prone to give up HWC instead of AS. However, I think the AS will have to go at some point. I figure if your body does not recognize it as AS and thinks its still sugar, that might be a problem. Does this mean no sweet again??
                              Karin

Comment

• I am going to put off judgement on that but my current thinking is that I won't be able to do it, nor do I want to.
                                Chris
                                Unknown

Comment

Working...
                                X