• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SW 2/26/13 =274.8
    CW=269.4 up 1.2
    Sleep= 6:31 w/ 91% efficiency
    Urine Ketones= ever so slight change in color
    Blood Ketones= no data yet-sorry, will read the directions today and do one tomorrow, promise.
    Calories = 2659 clearly this is too many!
    Net Carbs = 30g/4%
    Fat= 254g/85%
    Protein= 68g/10%
    Steps = 6021

So the percentages were spot on but numbers were way too high, and I have just given a perfect example of how not to do your macros! I just do not skip meals well. Mentally anyway, physically I was fine, which is an improvement. I had not planned to totally skip the lunch, but the World Quest Bowl took twice as long as we expected.

I will take my measurements in a bit and record them for posterity in my MFP.
    Chris
    "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
    Unknown

My journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread36279.html

My "Program": doing my version of a 4:3 - 3 day fast diet with real food every day, with a little twist of anti-inflammatory mixed in.

Comment

• You Tease.
      Primal since 9/24/2010
      "Our greatest foes, and whom we must chiefly combat, are within." Miguel de Cervantes

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
      MFP username: MDAPebbles67

Comment

• ok, so every measurement has either gone up or stayed the same.

Scale Body Fat is 54.5% and using the calculator that was just added to the EMF thread, that was supposedly the closest to that person's DEX scan results it was 28.11% (Body Fat Calculator)

I will report back here this afternoon if my bone scan (DEX) includes the BF%.

I am, oddly, not discouraged with the results so far. I feel like I went off course enough that it was a less than complete experiment. And I really need to do the blood ketones. I think that will get and keep me on track.
        Chris
        "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
        Unknown

My "Program": doing my version of a 4:3 - 3 day fast diet with real food every day, with a little twist of anti-inflammatory mixed in.

Comment

• I wouldn't beat yourself up too much.

I can't remember what you are shooting for protein wise but the number you posted doesn't look bad. For NK I think its important to keep the protein & carb right so the only number that should change is the fat. If you have a heavy day then the fat% will increase & you may not lose scale weight but it shouldn't affect NK. I think that is the key - cheat on the fat & it will put you back only in terms of scale weight for a day, cheat on proteins or carbs & it will throw you out of NK, which will put you back up to a week as you get back into NK again. But what do I know - you're the one with the monitor LOL. I cant wait for you to find out what really happens.

Comment

• Well the carbs are net, so the total number was 44g I think. I don't like the total over 35g. the protein was fine, I shoot for under 70g. I have read the directions and done the control for the monitor, so tomorrow when I weigh in I will do the NK test. I think I may do it every day when I am home and see what happens. The strips are expensive, but nothing compared to what it will cost me if I don't get this excess fat off!

p.s. I am interested to see Dr. Ede's next post as she is supposed to tell us why Dr. Rosendale suggests not to test for ketones. mmm
            Chris
            Unknown

Comment

• Okay, this is crazy, but I'm excited for your blood monitor results
              -- Ruth

Comment

• yea, me too, I was a bit irritated when I weighed in this morning that I had not had a chance to read the directions and do the control test.
                Chris
                Unknown

Comment

• I did the blood ketone last week and tried to do it this morning only to get an error!! GRRR!! Expensive error!
                  Karin

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

What am I doing? Depends on the day.

Comment

• Yeah. That's the problem with those strips. I'm going to start checking my FBS soon, so I'll have more data points, too
                    -- Ruth

Comment

• SW 2/26/13 =274.8
                      CW=271 up .6 my feet and fingers are puffy today
                      Sleep= 6:12 w/ 96% efficiency -went to bed too late
                      Urine Ketones= ever so slight change in color
                      Blood Ketones= "LO"
                      FBS= 98
                      Calories = 1866
                      Net Carbs = 15g/3%
                      Fat= 178g/85%
                      Protein= 56g/12%
                      Steps = 8707

Well, as you can see according to the monitor the ketones were "LO" so none there. I was able to do the FBS from the same finger stick so I went ahead and did it too. I will keep up with it, the finger stick was so tiny I didn't even feel it.

I added the broth/bouillon/salt yesterday so I expected the slight up tick. Thinking I should wait to take it until I am actually in ketosis though.
                      Chris
                      Unknown

Comment

• this morning my ketone read ERR-4..LOL I even used the calibration stuff to make sure it was working and it was. I am going to try and do the same stick when I test ketones.

Great percentages!! I have to agree that perhaps the broth/bouillon is more effective when in ketosis. However, Paula may have some info on this (inquiring minds want to know)
                        Karin

Comment

• Sodium - I start right back in at one cube after a binge. I don't usually drink it on binge days. Then by day two or three, I am back to two. It doesn't pay for me to stop entirely.
                          Primal since 9/24/2010
                          "Our greatest foes, and whom we must chiefly combat, are within." Miguel de Cervantes

Comment

• Originally posted by Pebbles67 View Post
                            Sodium - I start right back in at one cube after a binge. I don't usually drink it on binge days. Then by day two or three, I am back to two. It doesn't pay for me to stop entirely.
                            so you dont wait for ketosis?
                            Karin

Comment

• Interesting results. Good looking macros from yesterday. Great efficiency on sleep, for the time you had there!

How do you feel?
                              -- Ruth

Comment

• Originally posted by athomeontherange View Post
                                so you dont wait for ketosis?
                                I am getting back into ketosis within 2 days of a binge now. Every time you stop and restart the sodium, your body has to readjust to the level. My last binge day, I actually had one cube in the morning. So I went 2 days at 1 cube, then right back to 2.
                                Primal since 9/24/2010

Comment

Working...
                                X