No announcement yet.

Primal Journal-deMuralist

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• so here is something interesting...my weight at the doctor's office was 269.1 that is one tenth lower than when I weighed this morning. This morning I had on a t-shirt at the doctor's office I had on a pair of jeans, etc. This is the kind of thing that makes me obsessive about the scale. I will not let myself get on it again today.

everything went fine btw.

p.s. so I just checked my blood work. I expect she is going to come back at me about my Cholesterol which is 254, with a calculated LDL of 174. However...my hdl/cholesterol ratio is fantastic at .27, where .24 and higher is considered ideal. And my triglyceride/HDL ratio is even better at .78 where a 2 or less is considered ideal.

My FBGlucose was 97, so higher than I thought it would be. I will start testing that when I start doing the blood monitoring.
    Last edited by demuralist; 03-04-2013, 12:14 PM.
    Chris
    "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
    Unknown

My journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread36279.html

My "Program": doing my version of a 4:3 - 3 day fast diet with real food every day, with a little twist of anti-inflammatory mixed in.

Comment

• Originally posted by demuralist View Post
      the few days before I started to weigh again were nut fests, and that showed a 5 pound gain from when I started. See now I am sorry I wasn't weighing all along, as it is data lost. I wonder if I had lost weight and then the days of the nuts caused me to gain 5 pounds plus what ever I had lost.

No nuts for me. I will put the coconut bars in the freezer for DD when she comes home.

Today is just my regular annual doc visit. Oh and the prep I am a little worried about the excess carbs, and just feeling like crap from them. I wonder what people who have diabetes do, maybe there is a diet version of gatorade? At least it is only once every 2 years now.

Tomorrow is the actual colonoscopy. Good thing about those is that you generally get instant results. My doc will even sometimes hand me photos of my intestines.
      I've had 2 colonoscopies and never used gatorade. I just had to drink this huge jug of stuff that was mixed with water. With second one I also had to take laxatives the the day before.

Comment

• Oh I have done every prep there is. This one is the easiest, but they are all unpleasant. It is 64oz of any flavor gatorade with 238g of miralax mixed in and drunk over a 2 hour period. Preceeded by 4 ducolax tablets. clear liquids the rest of the day.

they will usually let you add in a crystal lite type of flavor packet as long as it isn't red or purple to that if you ask them. I have seriously had, with no exaggeration, at least 20 of them.
        Chris
        "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
        Unknown

My "Program": doing my version of a 4:3 - 3 day fast diet with real food every day, with a little twist of anti-inflammatory mixed in.

Comment

• Man these carbs made me shakey. Thank goodness i had made a gelatin with the kosher gelatin, and green tea, and stevia. I think that little bit of quality protein really helped. That and a nice cup of tea.
          Chris
          Unknown

Comment

• what a great idea with the gelatin on a day like that!
            Karin

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

What am I doing? Depends on the day.

Comment

• Thinking of you today.
              -- Ruth

Comment

• Hey lady, hope all goes well.
                Primal since 9/24/2010
                "Our greatest foes, and whom we must chiefly combat, are within." Miguel de Cervantes

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
                MFP username: MDAPebbles67

Comment

• I am home, and awake again, just a little shakey/achey. I suspect shakey is lack of energy input, but I am very slowly fixing that. Achey because I had a tetness (sp?) shot on Monday, and that is the arm I laid on during the procedure. There is also of course the biopsies they took, 10 of them. It all looks good, except for a tiny bit of colon that was slightly irritated. Ya think, after a cleansing there might be some irritation?

Anyway, for anyone thinking of going the laxative route for weight loss, I lost 2 pounds. Totally empty and only 2 pounds-so not worth it!
                  Chris
                  Unknown

Comment

• Glad your back with us and feeling a bit better. You should be back to feeling super tomorrow (I hope). About the 2 pounds.. psh... you are right.lol
                    Karin

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

What am I doing? Depends on the day.

Comment

• I am sure I will be back to normal tomorrow. still groggy and gurgilly right now.
                      Chris
                      Unknown

Comment

• I forgot to mention that my sleep last night was fantastic! 6:05 out of 6:55 in bed for 93% efficiency. The best part is I had a stretch of 4 and a half hours straight! Of course I then went to the hospital and slept for about an hour, then came home and slept for another 4 and a half hours. And the residual effects of the anesthesia insured a 100% efficiency-I never, really. Wouldn't it be nice to have that sort of efficiency in sleep every night?

And "food' yesterday?
                        calories = 796
                        Net carbs = 106g/83%
                        fat = 4g/7%
                        protein = 12g/9%

whew, glad that is over!
                        Chris
                        Unknown

Comment

• Hope you are back to yourself soon.
                          Primal since 9/24/2010
                          "Our greatest foes, and whom we must chiefly combat, are within." Miguel de Cervantes

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
                          MFP username: MDAPebbles67

Comment

• Yeah. Does not sound like a good time. And 2 pounds? No, it would have to be 20 for it to be worth it for me
                            -- Ruth

Comment

• Thanks. Pretty sure a good nights sleep will do it. Bad tummy today so eating is off still. I will be back tomorrow. I have already started posting for it!
                              Chris
                              Unknown

Comment

• I didn't do so good today (except I didn't have an excuse!). Like you, though, I've already started populating tomorrow. It helps (although my employee is coming from TX -- I'm thinking of just having club soda for lunch with her and eating at home).
                                -- Ruth

Comment

Working...
                                X