No announcement yet.

Primal Journal-deMuralist

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The pink is probably due to how much liquid you drink. I would wait to get four clean (low carb, low protein days) and test on the fifth.

If I get the monitor, I will probably test weekly.
    Primal since 9/24/2010
    "Our greatest foes, and whom we must chiefly combat, are within." Miguel de Cervantes

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
    MFP username: MDAPebbles67

Comment

• Paula, that is my plan- to test once a week. I have the stix that I can use in between.

Planning planning is the key Chris for your busy month
      Karin

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

What am I doing? Depends on the day.

Comment

• Woo hoo - look at you back in the groove. Keep it up and have a GREAT day.
        -- Ruth

Comment

• I am thinking I am going to make the 7 layer bars that I took to Florida with me. They worked out great. I just need to see what the macros are on them and make any necessary adjustments. For eating out I can do salads and omelets so I don't worry about once I get someplace, really just the actual travel days. But I can do it.

I like the idea of a once a week blood check once I get a good feel for my macro parameters. I do drink a lot of fluid. My hunger issues mid afternoon seem to be done with, energy is better, and mouth has an occasional tin taste, so I think I am sort of dipping in and out, right on the edge.
          Chris
          "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
          Unknown

My journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread36279.html

My "Program": doing my version of a 4:3 - 3 day fast diet with real food every day, with a little twist of anti-inflammatory mixed in.

Comment

• I just remembered I have to have my colonoscopy on Tuesday. That means absolutely no fat on Monday. The calories have to come from clear liquids. So even if I am in ketosis, unless I happen to stay in simply because of a very low calorie count, I will be out of it Monday. Monday I have a Doctor's appt in the morning that requires I fast for the blood work, that won't be a problem it is in the morning.
            Chris
            "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
            Unknown

My "Program": doing my version of a 4:3 - 3 day fast diet with real food every day, with a little twist of anti-inflammatory mixed in.

Comment

• I think I understand that fasting is a means to get to ketosis...
              -- Ruth

Comment

• yes, that won't hurt it is the solution I have to drink to empty the bowels for the colonoscopy that will be a problem. I have to drink a large bottle of Miralax with Gatorade. It is not supposed to be the diet version, which is fine I suspect they are both equally bad for me. Luckily I only have to do this once every 2 years now.
                Chris
                Unknown

Comment

• Crap! literally.
                  Primal since 9/24/2010
                  "Our greatest foes, and whom we must chiefly combat, are within." Miguel de Cervantes

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
                  MFP username: MDAPebbles67

Comment

• Not fun at all..........
                    -- Ruth

Comment

• The good part is i sleep the whole day and back to normal on Wednesday.
                      Chris
                      Unknown

Comment

• SW 2/26/13 =274.8
                        CW=269 -1.8 even with TOM here! So 5.8 in 4 days.
                        Sleep= 8:38 w/ 92% efficiency
                        Urine Ketones=trace, but a little pinker
                        Blood Ketones= no data yet
                        Calories = 1920
                        Net Carbs = 12g/2%
                        Fat=182g/85%
                        Protein=60g/12%
                        Steps = 8339

So, if I ever needed evidence that it is not calories in vs. calories out yesterday may be it. I was hungry after I got home from work, so I had 5 2" pieces of celery with a bit of cream cheese mixed with tampenade as a dip. Then had dinner, but was still hungry, so I made a full fledged BP tea. I had prepared the stuff to make a BP coffee for DS (as I do everymorning), but then forgot to add the coffee. So I just used it to make the tea. Usually at the end of the day I only do cream or maybe add a bit of butter, but this had the cream, the butter, and the MCT-in the red velvet tea-YUM. But even with the high calories, I lost weight.

The snow continues. It looks pretty, it is really late for us to get snow here, but the flakes are big and fluffy so they are just sitting on the leaves and branches it makes the leafless branches look like a movie scene, so very pretty. It does however alter what I had planned to do today.

So after the treadmill, I will work on re-upholstering the dining room chairs, and mounting the canvas for over our bed, and vacuum the house. Dinner could be interesting since this morning's errands included grocery shopping.
                        Chris
                        Unknown

Comment

• Woo hoo. Look at you go And look at the steps - getting awful near 10,000 Whatcha watching on the treadmill these days?
                          -- Ruth

Comment

• I am still repeating Mamma Mia. I can't decide what to do next and it has stopped in the middle of my walk so I just restart it so I don't have to make any decisions first thing in the morning. Next one is either Enchanted or 27 Dresses, I loaned The Holiday to my BFF.

Yep, I am averaging about 8,000 steps now. Today will throw it off because everything I have to do (except the vacuuming) is done sitting down. But, that is ok, because at least it will be productive.
                            Chris
                            Unknown

Comment

• whoa.. colonoscopy. I am not looking forward to the time when they say I am due Good luck!! Is it every two years because of the bowel issues you have had?

You have been a busy girl today!
                              Karin

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

What am I doing? Depends on the day.

Comment

• Ah well i didnt get to the canvas but did work on the diningroom chair and housekeeping.

The colonoscopy is because i had the colon cancer and the IBD. The IBD increases my chances of getting colon cancer as does having had colon cancer. I have had more than a few colonoscopies in the 19 years since i had the cancer! Not so bad really.
                                Chris
                                Unknown

Comment

Working...
                                X