No announcement yet.

Primal Journal-deMuralist

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I am not good at painting. I know how I want it to look, but don't have the patience to be as meticulous as needed. What color are you painting?

Your yesterday stats look good. I wonder - and don't know this - whether if you get the protein to the "right" level, if you can leave carbs around 20 g so it is not so restrictive. I feel like protein is a bigger issue for me than carbs [within reason, of course] (although I'm the crazy who really can't do much beyond animal, so my results don't carry much). I don't know. Maybe you are going to have to get that meter after all
    -- Ruth

Comment

• TMI alert...So to my surprise, a woman with IBD can be constipated. So the 12g of carb do not leave me with enough fiber I think. So my new plan is to hit below 12g of Net Carbs, keep the protein at 56g (that is the .8 x's goal weight in kg per the info that Paula found) and try to keep my calories fairly low (1320 would be the number from Dr.Seyfred's cancer suggestions, and would allow 119g of fat), but not adding fat for the sake of adding fat. For example last night I added butter and MCT to my evening tea. My stomach didn't need it but my macros did. I am going to stop doing that.

And if I am still convinced of this when I get home, I am going to go ahead and order that darn blood monitor.

I am painting the room the same color, it is about the color of milk chocolate, just using a better quality paint and an eggshell instead of the painter's flat. It gets marked up and looks dusty, drives me crazy.

p.s. it turns out I don't have to set an alarm to make myself get up and walk around the ACV and water are taking care of that!
      Last edited by demuralist; 02-20-2013, 11:19 AM.
      Chris
      "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
      Unknown

My journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread36279.html

My "Program": doing my version of a 4:3 - 3 day fast diet with real food every day, with a little twist of anti-inflammatory mixed in.

Comment

• You know what's weird? My digestion feels better than ever. Just goes to show you how different we all are. It truly is n1 experiment.
        -- Ruth

Comment

• except for that little situation which I want to nip in the bud, I feel best so far. So I am hoping that by the slight up tick in fiber but keeping the net carbs below 12g, I won't lose this feeling.
          Chris
          "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
          Unknown

My "Program": doing my version of a 4:3 - 3 day fast diet with real food every day, with a little twist of anti-inflammatory mixed in.

Comment

• I cannot believe this is true, but I forgot to eat lunch. I stopped and had my tea with my HWC/coconut milk mix about 2 hours ago, and never got back up to get lunch. My tummy is starting to growl and that is what made me think of it. I will eat it when I get home, I get off in 10 minutes. And dinner will be late tonight.
            Chris
            Unknown

Comment

• Really? I'm waiting for that to happen to me. Cool, though! !
              -- Ruth

Comment

• Originally posted by demuralist View Post
                (1320 would be the number from Dr.Seyfred's cancer suggestions, and would allow 119g of fat), but not adding fat for the sake of adding fat. For example last night I added butter and MCT to my evening tea. My stomach didn't need it but my macros did. I am going to stop doing that.
                If have this correct, Dr Seyfreds suggests BMR - 30%. For me that would be 960 cals which seems a bit low. I am also adding fat to keep the macros up which is interfering with me trying to listen to my body & stop when full so what do you think is the lowest we can go for the fat % & still be in NK?

Comment

• I don't know. But I am not going to try to hit 1320 unless I get a cancer diagnosis. What I am going to do is to keep my proteins below 58g, (which is .8x's 72 my goal weight in kg). Then I am going to keep my carbs below 12g net (so carbs minus fiber). Then I am going to eat to satisfaction but not stuffed having fat to finish things off, thinking fat grams somewhere in the neighborhood of 115g. And I am going to track it all. Hopefully this gets me into deep ketosis and losing fat at a reasonable rate-actually any loss would be thrilling.

p.s. now that gets me pretty much to the 1320 which is the BMR for my current weight -30%, but the trick here is that my carbs will go higher, as much as double, and I am not going to limit my fat, in this way I am not going to limit my calories because theoretically I will be listening to my body. Now if I ever go on and decide to get the blood monitor it will no longer be conjecture, at least for me. Still not willing to put out the money for those strips, unless in 2 weeks at my weigh in I weigh the same thing as when I started this whole thing.
                  Last edited by demuralist; 02-20-2013, 04:01 PM.
                  Chris
                  Unknown

Comment

• So it is normally easy for me to pass up what I make for the boys. My normal cheats happen mid afternoon and is usually a pantry prowl. Well i made them some soup and homemade bread knowing they would be chilled to the bone from standing outside for their skeet lesson. Well the crusty end of the bread was too much to pass up. So i had it with a nice slab of kerrygold. Good news is that since i was keeping my carbs so low they still were pretty low for the day. So i go to the new goals tomorrow.

Net Carbs <12g
                    Protein <58g
                    Fat = enough to be satisfied
                    Chris
                    Unknown

Comment

• One thing has just occurred to me. In the UK we don't include fibre in our carb counts ie my carb count would be your net carb count. Do the MDA carbs include the fibre or are they net carbs? - I think I may have got lost in translation.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ddraig Goch View Post
                        One thing has just occurred to me. In the UK we don't include fibre in our carb counts ie my carb count would be your net carb count. Do the MDA carbs include the fibre or are they net carbs? - I think I may have got lost in translation.
                        Some count all carbs, some only count net carbs. As far as I recall, Mark in the PBP counts all carbs. Atkins counts net carbs. I think demuralist counts net carbs, where as Pebbles counts all carbs. Of course, my memory is crap so I could be mistaken.

Comment

• DG Did you mean MDA or MFP?

MFP counts all carbs, but you can tell it to show you fiber as well. You can change it under settings.
                          Primal since 9/24/2010
                          "Our greatest foes, and whom we must chiefly combat, are within." Miguel de Cervantes

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
                          MFP username: MDAPebbles67

Comment

• Maybe it was because you missed lunch? Either way, at least it was reasonable. Rome didn't fall in a day. You're still doing awesome & today is a new day!
                            -- Ruth

Comment

• Originally posted by canio6 View Post
                              Some count all carbs, some only count net carbs. As far as I recall, Mark in the PBP counts all carbs. Atkins counts net carbs. I think demuralist counts net carbs, where as Pebbles counts all carbs. Of course, my memory is crap so I could be mistaken.
                              Originally posted by Pebbles67 View Post
                              DG Did you mean MDA or MFP?

MFP counts all carbs, but you can tell it to show you fiber as well. You can change it under settings.
                              I meant Mark in the PB - if hes counting all carbs then his carb curve is even more meaningless to me than I thought. I was just curious

Comment

• I don't have my book handy, but I believe he is counting all carbs.
                                -- Ruth

Comment

Working...
                                X