No announcement yet.

Primal Journal-deMuralist

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I suspect the monitor would be a good measure for comparative numbers, as you said showing drops or gains as opposed to an absolute number.
    Chris
    "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
    Unknown

My journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread36279.html

My "Program": doing my version of a 4:3 - 3 day fast diet with real food every day, with a little twist of anti-inflammatory mixed in.

Comment

• The problem with the LBM = weight - BF is it depends how accurate the BF measurement is.

Re BMR, that is also difficult to determine & very inaccurate if you don't know your LBM. 2 people may weight the same but one have lots of body fat & the other lots of muscle so any average taken on body weight doesn't really work for me. Plus there are so many different formulea ( a bit like optimal protein intake really)

Comment

• Originally posted by Pebbles67 View Post
        ^

Edit: There are formulas, not sure if they would accurately read whether or not I was losing LBM on 60g protein.
        Wait? If you know your weight and you know your BF%, you can convert the BF% to pounds, then subtract that from your weight and end up knowing your lean body weight. Isn't your total body weight = Body fat + Lean Body Mass? Or does something else get added in?
        Chris
        "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
        Unknown

My "Program": doing my version of a 4:3 - 3 day fast diet with real food every day, with a little twist of anti-inflammatory mixed in.

Comment

• WOW.. your story is amazing. I agree you are one blessed woman!
          Karin

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

What am I doing? Depends on the day.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ddraig Goch View Post
            The problem with the LBM = weight - BF is it depends how accurate the BF measurement is.
            yes, but if what we are looking for is comparative numbers (ie. am I losing LBM or holding steady) it should be just as reasonable as using a meter that is consistent right?
            Chris
            Unknown

Comment

• Originally posted by athomeontherange View Post
              WOW.. your story is amazing. I agree you are one blessed woman!
              Thanks, and I know it, every day, not necessarily all day long, but every day for sure!
              Chris
              Unknown

Comment

• I think BMR gives one a general low calorie goal to shoot for to avoid starvation mode. The formula probably uses an average LBM of the comatose person including differences for age and gender. It does not, of course, take into account other factors that effect weightloss. TDEE can tell you generally where to stop and allows me to eat more when I need it.
                When I am not binging, this works for me for weightloss. Maybe it is the exercise factor.
                Primal since 9/24/2010
                "Our greatest foes, and whom we must chiefly combat, are within." Miguel de Cervantes

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
                MFP username: MDAPebbles67

Comment

• Originally posted by demuralist View Post
                  Wait? If you know your weight and you know your BF%, you can convert the BF% to pounds, then subtract that from your weight and end up knowing your lean body weight. Isn't your total body weight = Body fat + Lean Body Mass? Or does something else get added in?
                  Water. My scale is supposed to measure water weight and BF, but I can't get it to work.
                  Primal since 9/24/2010
                  "Our greatest foes, and whom we must chiefly combat, are within." Miguel de Cervantes

Comment

• So, thinking that calorie intake, generally should be between BMR and TDEE? So for me 1840 and 2210 (or so). Or should I calculate BMR and TDEE for my goal weight? So then 1400 and 1680? Or somewhere at the midpoint?
                    Chris
                    Unknown

Comment

• ahh, didn't think of the water. So if your scale would do the BF% and the Water% then you could do a subtraction and get LBM. I get it.
                      Chris
                      Unknown

Comment

• I did not report in today.

Well, we knew the sleep was not going to last right? For some reason I could not get comfortable last night, should have gotten up and taken a tylenol, I was only in bed for 7:15 (I wasn't even a little sleepy and before I knew it I was an hour late for bed) but I was up most of the night. Disappointing after the night before.

Food went very well though.

Calories 1655
                        Carbs 12g!/3% (12g)
                        Fat 153g/82%
                        Protein 65g/15% (65g)

I am going to go a week with these numbers, if I don't feel like I am in ketosis, I will lower the protein in 5g increments per week.

Lovin the treadmill. DS even got on it yesterday for 30 minutes (he alternated jog/walk). My heart goes out to him, he just keeps getting heavier but really his food is not that bad, especially compared to most. Last night he decided to switch from his normal "dessert" (he and his dad-most nights put 2 to 3T of PB into a small pyrex dish and melt it, then add 2T chocolate chips-both starting adding weight when they started doing it) to a smoothie. It is homemade coconut milk, homemade almond milk (I love my new vitamix!), and a few frozen strawberries, with some stevia, just like a milkshake, and a 100 calorie Dark chocolate bar. So about a third of the calories and much better nutrition. Trying to cut down on his sugar. He does well at home (and I pack his lunch) but church and school functions are always either pizza or doughnuts. He says he can easily limit the doughnuts and only will get one if it is one he really likes, but pizza is harder.

Tonight I am making a pizza casserole, no grain, just the toppings, baking it all. ooo, my tummy just growled.
                        Chris
                        Unknown

Comment

• yum.. pizza casserole!! I want to come for dinner!!

Looks like you are having fun with your new toys!!
                          Karin

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

What am I doing? Depends on the day.

Comment

• I can't believe the thing that held me back on buying the Vitamix was the sound and it is quieter than my Oster, except for the very highest speed. Well, that and the price

I really missed seeing Mamma Mia. Pretty happy with both toys right now.
                            Chris
                            Unknown

Comment

• Originally posted by demuralist View Post
                              So, thinking that calorie intake, generally should be between BMR and TDEE? So for me 1840 and 2210 (or so). Or should I calculate BMR and TDEE for my goal weight? So then 1400 and 1680? Or somewhere at the midpoint?
                              It is based on current weight so it needs to be recalculated once in a while. I aim for my BMR most of the time because I don't like to eat my exercise cals. Except during TTOM week. Then I have been known at times to eat to TDEE (light exercise).
                              Last edited by Pebbles67; 02-19-2013, 12:32 PM.
                              Primal since 9/24/2010

Comment

• So technically I am aiming for about 200 calories too little. I don't eat to exercise calories either. mmmm I may have to end my day with a BP tea. That would just about do it.
                                Chris
                                Unknown

Comment

Working...
                                X