No announcement yet.

Primal Journal-deMuralist

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• sunflower seeds have twice as many carbs as nuts, so I will not likely try them. I will probably just start going through the nuts I have in the freezer.

today I need to run to Home Depot for supplies, then come back and do the next coat on that frame I am painting/antiquing. I am also, finally, finishing the re-upholstering of the dining room chairs. We have 8, and I had done 4. The original fabric was a moire silk and was getting worn through at the front edge of 4 of them, so I got a coordinating fabric. I had planned to do all 8 at the time, but only 4 were worn and DH asked me to end it there and move on to another space. Well over the years the other 4 have done the same thing, so I am finishing the task. It takes about an hour and a half on each chair because they originally used long staples and obviously an electric gun to put them in. So there are a ton of them and they are in tight. I am reusing the piping so I have to carefully pull them out of that layer. It is very hard on the arthritic thumbs. I got one off yesterday. It will take a few weeks to get them all done.

Of course there is also the treadmill. And laundry. Trying to put the grocery shopping off until Monday, hate getting into the middle of the after church crowd, as well as the out of town crowd. Our Trader Joes is the only one in the area (there are 2 in Tennessee) and Sunday is the day people travel from all around to come shopping there.
    Chris
    "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
    Unknown

My journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread36279.html

My "Program": doing my version of a 4:3 - 3 day fast diet with real food every day, with a little twist of anti-inflammatory mixed in.

Comment

• I know, last night I was thinking that I finally have the small appliances I really want in my kitchen. Now it is time to do the personal devices. I want to be able to know reliably when I am in ketosis. And I gotta tell you that the scale is really calling to me these last few days. It is that I feel like I need some data. But I also know that what that will mean is that I will start tweaking, and I don't want to do that till I have given this a chance to work.

p.s. TMI alert...TOM was one day of spotting this month and that was it. Thinking I am one month closer to menopause.
      Chris
      "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
      Unknown

My "Program": doing my version of a 4:3 - 3 day fast diet with real food every day, with a little twist of anti-inflammatory mixed in.

Comment

• I have looked into the fat bread but i think it will not work for me because of the carbs in sunflower seeds.
        Karin

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

What am I doing? Depends on the day.

Comment

• I am not sure it is worth the effort anyway. I was never a big bread person anyway, don't eat sandwiches. It might be worth it for lily though?
          Chris
          Unknown

Comment

• You know, I really liked it at first. Not so much because it was like bread, but because it felt so filling. But, as I've found that my diet needs to be 90% or so animal products, I don't have much room for it. But, mom and DH LOVE it and since I'm working on getting them a little more fat (no problem with protein), and it's better than other stuff they crave without the fat, it's worth it.
            -- Ruth

Comment

• Well i can try it for her for sure. She is such a pickey eater!!
              Karin

Comment

• I did one slice toasted with butter and a sprinkle of xylitol (mom of course would have done it with sugar when we were kids) and it was good. I did one piece with pepper jelly (which I just now realized I didn't add to MFP) and that was the best. I may just have to make my own version of pepper jelly that is sugar free, mmm. I do miss it on top of cream cheese.
                Chris
                Unknown

Comment

• What's pepper jelly? Never had that. Of course, there's a lot of things I've never had
                  -- Ruth

Comment

• it is a jelly (sweet) made with hot peppers (spicy), the first time I ever had it was homemade from St. Augustine Datil peppers. You should be able to find it in your neck of the woods. But, sugar of course. It makes an easy appetizer for company though, you just put a jar of it on top of a block of cream cheese and let it come to room temp. Serve with a little spoon to put it on crackers, bread, celery.
                    Chris
                    Unknown

Comment

• Its so good..so is cowboy candy (candied jalapenos)
                      Karin

Comment

• omg, now there is one I am sure I am glad I never met. yum
                        Chris
                        Unknown

Comment

• And because i am a good friend i will never introduce you
                          Karin

Comment

• I truly appreciate that!
                            Chris
                            Unknown

Comment

• Yum. Sounds good.

I pinned a recipe for Jalapeno Candy. Good news - I probably couldn't find which board I pinned it on
                              -- Ruth

Comment

• Since I think that the only way to candy something is to essentially boil it in sugar, I am not gonna go there!

I think that starting tomorrow, I am going to switch out the whey in my morning smoothie for 2 eggs. Then for my lunch I will use bacon bits instead of eggs, mashed into my avocado, then depending on how ripe the avocado is will depend on whether or not I need mayo. My parents will use the whey when they come to visit so it won't go to waste.

I just realized that DH is going out of town on Thursday! I am going to paint the rug in my breakfast nook. It is a jute one with a sort of suede border. Cheap thing I got from Pier 1, and it has some stains on it. So I got some deep teal paint for the body of it, and some pale teal for the border. The room is pretty much brown and gold neutrals, though the rug in the living room part has a bit of red and teal in it. The couch and chairs have teal in the patterns as well, but all of them are in such horrible shape I am counting down the days I can replace them. They are awful, totally worn threadbare. DH had them when we met, so they are over 22 years old, and the material was really meant to be for show not for daily use, as it has a strip of silk in the strip pattern. But that is a job for another day, this week I am painting the jute rug!
                                Chris
                                Unknown

Comment

Working...
                                X