No announcement yet.

Primal Journal-deMuralist

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yep, I agree on the idea of the restriction, and proud that we made it through, pretty sure that I would not have made it had I also had to restrict it to 1,000 calories though.

The treadmill is awesome! And I love Mama Mia, man I missed that movie! The treadmill has a gadget in which I can program it to follow an actual route from a map! DS is going to mess with that this weekend. Today I just did my 30 minutes with an incline. Not fast, I will have to work back up to my old speed, but it felt great. My fitbit was charging so no steps got added.

p.s. no difference on the jeans, they felt the same.
    Chris
    "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
    Unknown

My journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread36279.html

My "Program": doing my version of a 4:3 - 3 day fast diet with real food every day, with a little twist of anti-inflammatory mixed in.

Comment

• interesting about the jeans... Just keep LCHF and weigh in March and see where you are from there. I am crossing my fingers I lose more when I weigh in March 1st.
      Karin

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

What am I doing? Depends on the day.

Comment

• I am pretty sure that I am going to end up buying one of those little devices to check my blood for ketones. Probably not until after I do my weigh in though. It is possible I am losing somewhere the jeans didn't take note of, after all I managed to pack quite a few on without noticing. I am not worried. The thing is I know this will work and that I can sustain it, just for some reason the bod seems to be getting bogged down in the details
        Chris
        "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
        Unknown

My "Program": doing my version of a 4:3 - 3 day fast diet with real food every day, with a little twist of anti-inflammatory mixed in.

Comment

• LOVE Mamma Mia! That would be such a great movie to do the treadmill by.
          Of all the paths you take in life, make sure a few of them are dirt.

Comment

• Yup, perfect! My DH looks a bit like Pierce Brosnan, I think, sings about as well too I of course look nothing like Meryl Streep though, but I think I sound as good as her when I am singing along while I walk.
            Chris
            Unknown

Comment

• I forgot to finish the info on my sleep. I cannot get over the stats on it! I slept 7:28 of the 7:45 I was in bed, that is a 97% efficiency, I woke up 2 times, the first time after I had been asleep for 6hours and 12 minutes, straight! Then I only had an hour and a half left in bed, and I woke up once briefly in the middle of that. But OMG, 6 hours and 12 minutes straight. don't have a clue the last time that happened!
              Chris
              Unknown

Comment

• Hi Demuralist congratulations on a good nights sleep. May I ask how you are measuring it?

Comment

• I have a fitbit, it measures it and syncs with my computer in the morning. It is probably not as accurate or as precise as the GoWearFit that Pebbles wears, but it is enough information for me. It is also a pedometer.

Last night's sleep was not quite as good as the night before, but still so much better than it had been just a couple of months ago, so I am very happy. If I could just stuff a sock in DH's nose I suspect it would be even better! In bed 8:15, slept for 7:20, 91% efficiency, I again had one long stretch, it lasted 4 hours.

Food is feeling much better than the restrictive super high fat of the beginning of the week! I went over a bit on protein last night, I poached 2 eggs in a ground beef/salsa concoction I was stewing for the boys and I could not resist putting a bit of the beef on top of the eggs and asparagus. Man it was yummy!

Stats:
                  Calories 1565 (1660)
                  Carbs 25g/6% (25g)
                  Net Carbs 10g (13g)
                  Fat 133g/74% (140g)
                  Protein 79g/20% (75g)

Ok, well now that I look at it I wasn't that far over

the treadmill is amazing, DS loaded up some kind of software so I can make a workout by plotting it on a map and it will adjust the elevation to the actual walk. So I plotted a walk to work, now I will just have to have him show me how to use it this weekend! For now, I will just walk and adjust the elevation on my own. It is really nice. and lovin Mama Mia, gets me singing those songs all day long.
                  Chris
                  Unknown

Comment

• Well, rats, just when I think TOM will pass me by, it shows up.

I am achy all over, not sure if it is from TOM or from changing the light fixtures in my living room, kitchen, and breakfast nook. There are 10 fixtures, I changed them so they are now LEDs. The light is amazing! Makes the spaces so much more cheerful! But each one took 3 trips up and down the ladder. the ladder of course had to be brought up stairs and then taken back down, and all the tools are downstairs as well, so that took several trips up and down the stairs. Since the achiness is centered in my legs and butt, thinking it is the ladder.

the part of Mama Mia I watched today is the one with "Dancing Queen" this song makes me cry. I think of all the times that I had that this song applies to, and I miss being that girl. Hope my kids have as much fun as I did.
                    Chris
                    Unknown

Comment

• So happy for you about the treadmill. I need to mo v e my butt around town again. Need some advice in my journal sista!
                      Karin

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

What am I doing? Depends on the day.

Comment

• The reason the treadmill works for me is because I look forward to it and there is zero prep time to talk myself out of it. Those were the 2 things I had to overcome in order to exercise/move on a regular basis. So a stroll around town would be great, but what would make you look forward to it (mentally) and miss it (mentally and physically) when you don't do it? Also, I don't let myself go over 30 minutes. NO MATTER WHAT. so there is no "oh I didn't do it yesterday so now I have to do an hour" BS, nope that was yesterday this is today, 30 minutes. there is no "oh I am on it now so I may as well do an hour" BS, nope that will change it from something I look forward to sot something I have to make time for!

Personally, I honestly think that once your body starts to heal, and your stress is reduced to manageable, and you get quality sleep, you will just do it. No "having' to do it, you will just do it. A healthy body wants to be in motion. If I were you I would force myself NOT to do any movement, until at least you are getting decent sleep. (Except for working out in the yard, or just being in the sun in general, I don't think that sleep is improved by exercise, I think it is the other way around)
                        Chris
                        Unknown

Comment

• So last night I decided I wanted something sweet. So I made a dessert. LCHF one. Cream cheese and almond butter, whipped together till fluffy, then added sweetener (stevia and a bit of SF Davinci Hazelnut syrup-I know that one isn't Primal) and whipped it, then added some heavy cream and whipped it. Essentially a mousse. Nice. The boys liked it too. It did of course boost my calories and macros, but I planned it and enjoyed it.

I am feeling very good lately. This whole thing is starting to feel more like just the way I eat instead of a diet or WOE (in caps). I am just keeping the carbs very low, and working on portion control with protein, and watching my sources of fat. I think that is a strategy I can live with.

Sleep last night was not the greatest but it was good. I was in bed for 8:35, slept for 7:33, with a 90% efficiency, but I woke up 7 times, very briefly, but still. I feel good this morning though.

So the STATS:
                          Calories 2,002 (1660)
                          Carbs 35g/7% (25g)
                          Net Carbs 21g (13g)
                          Fat 178g/78% (140)
                          Protein 79g/15% (75g)

Off to the treadmill
                          Chris
                          Unknown

Comment

• Oh man, I love that movie, only a little left for tomorrow's walk so I will just restart it. I was going to switch to "27 Dresses" but I am not done with "Mama Mia" yet, I don't want it to be over.

My list to watch while on the treadmill is Mama Mia, 27 Dresses, Enchanted, the Holiday, and there is one BFF has been trying to get me to see so I will have to borrow it from her, Love Actually, I think.

Today is the day I work on the frame for the picture I am hanging in my bedroom over my bed. Yep, I finally found a frame, then had a photo I did of St. George printed on a 30"x40" canvas. the frame is currently gold, which I like but I am going to paint it red, letting some of the gold show through, then glaze over it with a dark brown glaze to "antique" it so the red is more subdued. The photo has a couple (very small, they are maybe 2" tall in the canvas print) walking on the beach. There are other people and a dog, etc, but everyone else is in neutral colors and this elderly couple have red jackets on. The man has white hair and the woman has dark hair and they way they are standing reminds me of my parents. I love this photo, it is one of my favorites. So I am thinking by painting the frame with red it will make the couple more prominent.

for that same wall, I am going to get 2 smaller frames, and print 2 more photos and hang all 3 over my bed. But hey, one thing at a time. Hoping to get this big one done this weekend. I will have to paint the room (same color-different finish) before I hang anyway. Then it will be done (I had someone paint the ceiling when they repaired water damage in our living room-so I don't have to do that hated job) and DH will be happy (well as happy as he gets I suppose).
                            Chris
                            Unknown

Comment

• Some day I hope I can come see your house. With your creativity, it must be beautiful. Maybe someday I can fly you out here and pay you as a consultant to help us with ours. I know what I like when I see it, but I can't recreate it to save my life. I'm hopeless in that area
                              -- Ruth

Comment

• Both of those things sound fun. This is the one area where I cannot stand to spend money. So i am constantly learning new skills to keep up with the crazy ideas. I also have a skewed sense of how difficult something is going to be and my ability to actually do it. But once i start i dont stop till i think it is perfect. Not so much talented as stubborn.

I do love this house but really the one we built in Florida showed off my creativity better.
                                Chris
                                Unknown

Comment

Working...
                                X