No announcement yet.

Primal Journal-deMuralist

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I can say I wouldn't live this way -- I miss the protein and a few carbs. However, it has shown me that I CAN drop my calories, if that's what is needed. Of course, Atkins didn't intend for this to do more than kickstart things. If I have to do this every month (1x), I could make that work. Also shows me that I can get over my carb cravings.

Treadmill today?
    -- Ruth

Comment

• yep, the treadmill comes this afternoon!!!!!!!!
      Chris
      "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
      Unknown

My journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread36279.html

My "Program": doing my version of a 4:3 - 3 day fast diet with real food every day, with a little twist of anti-inflammatory mixed in.

Comment

• whoohooo Jeans and treadmill!! What a great week!
        Karin

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

What am I doing? Depends on the day.

Comment

• plus I only work a half day so I can be there to let them in for the treadmill! I am going to change out the ceiling fixtures in the living room, dining room, and kitchen while they set up the treadmill. Totally awesome day!
          Chris
          "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
          Unknown

My "Program": doing my version of a 4:3 - 3 day fast diet with real food every day, with a little twist of anti-inflammatory mixed in.

Comment

• Yay! treadmill. Not getting too excited until I hear you are riding that baby.
            Primal since 9/24/2010
            "Our greatest foes, and whom we must chiefly combat, are within." Miguel de Cervantes

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
            MFP username: MDAPebbles67

Comment

• I know, I am the same way. It is definitely more subdued excitement this time!
              Chris
              Unknown

Comment

• ok, serious stomach growling and a bit of lightheadedness going on, not typical, and thinking I can only blame the eating pattern. I am going home early to wait for my treadmill, so I will feel better to eat something.
                Chris
                Unknown

Comment

• eat moar fat!
                  Karin

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

What am I doing? Depends on the day.

Comment

• just got home and getting ready for lunch! loads of fat there!

p.s. they are putting the treadmill together, so far so good
                    Chris
                    Unknown

Comment

• . Keep us updated....
                      -- Ruth

Comment

• its in its up it works! It is big! DS is on it. I am reading directions. so cool. I start first thing in the morning. After I finish reading the directions I need to change out the lights. Tonight, DS has a French honor society induction ceremony, then he inducts other students into the National Honor Society (he is already in it), then he and DH are going to a basket ball game.
                        Chris
                        Unknown

Comment

• Hooray!! Now for the movies.... What's first?
                          -- Ruth

Comment

• Mama Mia! I love musicals.
                            Chris
                            Unknown

Comment

• I have an appointment with the new treadmill at 7am, so excited.

So, the rings are about the same maybe a smidge looser, my face is less puffy, and I will get back to you all on the jeans (I will try them on as I am getting dressed for work.

Yesterday felt better, thinking it may be because the protein was higher than the carbs, I also dropped (accidentally) lower on my fat percentage. I have MFP set to do net carbs and the percentages are for that, the "real" percentages are on my phone app.

So would I do it again. Probably not, well maybe for a day to shake things up, but even if I had lost a ton of weight, generally it had me a little obsessive about food (where I had gotten used to my other percentages and was handling them pretty well), and physically did not feel as well as when I was getting a little more variety in my macros and diet.

Sleep last night was fantastic, and so shoots the "low carb=crappy sleep" theory in the foot, at least for me.

So my macro goals are now...
                              Calories 1660
                              Carbs 25g
                              Net Carbs 13g
                              Fat 140
                              Protein 75g

Not sure what percentages that works out to, not good at that, but I will hopefully know by the end of today because I will have hit my macros.

Yesterday's Stats:
                              Calories 1365
                              Carbs 18g/5%
                              Net Carbs 15g
                              Fat 133g/85%
                              Protein 36g/10%
                              Chris
                              Unknown

Comment

• It's funny, though, after I did the (modified) FF, I now feel like LCHF/NK has so much variety. It felt so constricting before - now I know true restriction. I'm proud that we did and made it through. I think there was a lot of learning in there for both of us.

Hooray for the treadmill date! Hope it is awesome!!!
                                -- Ruth

Comment

Working...
                                X