Primal Journal-deMuralist

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by demuralist View Post
    I dunno, could be kind of sexy, certainly a conversation starter...."well, did you ever see the movie "Christmas Story", yes you will shoot your eye out"

Unfortunately, DD got all the athletic genes, or at least the confidence to believe she can do it. DS, not so much. So rifle is really very good for him as he is very measured and thoughtful in what he does, and speed is not his forte. He would do well with archery as well. Soccer, less so. Although he made a great center when he played football, never a missed hike.
    Oh, eye patches can be sexy, very true.

It sounds like they both have some strengths - different, but just as strong. A center who never mishandles a snap is a very valuable thing.

Comment

• they do both have their strengths. He played on that football team for 4 years, they went undefeated 2 of them, won the "championship" all 4.

We are VERY lucky, as we have 2 fantastic children, smart and caring, we are very proud of them.
      Chris
      "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
      Unknown

My journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread36279.html

My "Program": doing my version of a 4:3 - 3 day fast diet with real food every day, with a little twist of anti-inflammatory mixed in.

Comment

• wanted to add to that last statement of mine. My DD, yesterday, texted me to ask me what her values were when she was a 10 year old (she needed it for some project she is doing at school). So I sent her back a little text telling her about a bunch of her best qualities that I remember about her at that age and asked if that was what she was looking for. Her response..."That is super helpful!! Thanks for helping and thanks for thinking the sun shines out of my ass! Haha. Love ya" The kid makes me smile, Gotta love it!

So yesterday was a great day. My immediate boss was way overworked and so I asked (well maybe begged) to let me help her. So I actually had something to do in the afternoon, ended up working late so DS didn't have to go to rifle (which made him happy). Then DH came home and had come up with a way to spend some quality father son time that DS was actually excited about! They are going to start skeet/trap shooting. DH has a shotgun already as he used to do this when we lived in Florida, so they are going to take lessons and actually go out once a week. They put the first 3 weeks on their calendars already. DS had a flash of hopefulness when one of the possible days conflicted with rifle but DH decided not to do that day.

Anyway, I stayed within my macros and feel great. I am also trying to figure out how to be a bit sneaky and get DS's carbs down lower, at least when I have control. I tracked his food yesterday and it turns out his carbs are actually not that bad on a regular basis, right around 100 to 125 or so. But his fat is low and his protein high. I obviously can't control the once a week or so pizza with friends or the donuts at church, but I got the rest covered.

So my sleep last night was amazing!!!!! I was in bed for 8:10 and I slept for 7 hours and 54 minutes! that is a 97% efficiency. I woke up when DH came to bed, then there are 2 very small blips of 2 minutes each. The only problem is that the alarm actually woke me up mid dream, so I woke up groggy, but I feel great now!

STATS:
        Calories 1630
        Carbs 25g (30g)
        Net Carbs 13g (20g)
        Fat 146g (140g)
        Protein 63g (75g)
        Chris
        "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
        Unknown

My "Program": doing my version of a 4:3 - 3 day fast diet with real food every day, with a little twist of anti-inflammatory mixed in.

Comment

• Well, look at you with your kick butt day. I hope it continues

Comment

• Lets hear it for a good nights rest!! Not to mention, father/son time. I am sure this is something that is very special to see.

Good job with macros! Do you work today or did you get it all done yesterday?
            Karin

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

What am I doing? Depends on the day.

Comment

• I got enough done yesterday that she can easily finish up this morning. We use stamps.com at work and it is on my computer, so I needed to make sure that the postage for the different size mailings was printed before I left. My boss can get on my computer and print more if necessary, but she has only done it once before a long time ago, so it is easier if I do it.

So I am off today! Got to go shopping, and a quick clean up of the house, shower and go! So excited.

DS has an overnight lock-in at the church, for Room In The Inn. And DH has a weekend at work where recruits come in and he has to do talks and smoozing. So, rats, I would have been in the house essentially alone anyway-hate to waste those days, but so looking forward to hanging with the buds.
              Chris
              Unknown

Comment

• Oh, it's the weekend with the girls. Yay. Sounds AMAZING. You have fun.

And, yeah, I hate it when I miss home alone time, too.
                -- Ruth

Comment

• WHOOT! Enjoy your girl time and getting away!!
                  Karin

Comment

• Sounds like great fun!
                    Primal since 9/24/2010
                    "Our greatest foes, and whom we must chiefly combat, are within." Miguel de Cervantes

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
                    MFP username: MDAPebbles67

Comment

• OMG, so glad I went ahead and went to get the Vitamix! I was going to wait till Monday, but decided to go ahead and get it. There were only 2 left in the store, and one had been opened.

Now I need to get off the computer and pack. so no time to play with it till tomorrow afternoon! TTFN!
                      Chris
                      Unknown

Comment

• Great weekend in sight!
                        -- Ruth

Comment

• I am very excited. I am done packing and just waiting for my ride. We got a 3 bd, 3 bath cabin which is going to cost us less than $40 @! we are each bringing a bottle of wine to share, and dips and veggies and cheese. We will eat breakfast in the restaurant there. It will be easy, lots of local meats!
                          Chris
                          Unknown

Comment

• We had a great time, stayed up past midnight! and then woke up before 7 and started the chatting back up again. I am exhausted so I am going back to take a nap.

I ate no sweets, basically cheese and dip and veggies, well and a bottle of wine (each), no idea how to track all that so I will start tracking again tomorrow.
                            Chris
                            Unknown

Comment

• Glad you had a great time. It sounds as if you still did well!!!
                              Karin

Comment

• Sounds like a FANTASTIC trip, yay!
                                -- Ruth

Comment

Working...
                                X