No announcement yet.

Primal Journal-deMuralist

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thanks! I can't even think the letters PMA without thinking of cheerleading camps that I went to and then never tried out! I wanted to sit in the stands and socialize, but I enjoyed the week long camps.

I am working my way towards that Paula, but when I did induction I felt so crappy I didn't want to chance it, so I am taking the slow measured approach. I am getting closer though. The higher fat would likely make a difference, but literally nothing worked when I did it the first time, so going slow is hopefully gonna do it.
    Chris
    "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
    Unknown

My journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread36279.html

My "Program": doing my version of a 4:3 - 3 day fast diet with real food every day, with a little twist of anti-inflammatory mixed in.

Comment

• I need to look at those macros like Paula suggested. I may need to keep the carbs at 20 or less and up the fat. I am still searching for that sweet spot.
      Karin

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

What am I doing? Depends on the day.

Comment

• Karin, forgot to mention in your journal that I found a pinning board like pinterest except for paleo recipes. Have to watch cause it isn't low carb, but I think they generally don't use dairy, so it could be interesting....Pin That Paleo
        Chris
        "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
        Unknown

My "Program": doing my version of a 4:3 - 3 day fast diet with real food every day, with a little twist of anti-inflammatory mixed in.

Comment

• ok, so I just caught a glimpse of myself in the mirror. I look cute today My hair is just the right amount of mussed and done, my face looks clearer and thinner, my eyes look bright and sparkley...cute, I feel good (taking a break from cutting up the t-shirts)
          Chris
          Unknown

Comment

• . Your post brightens my day.
            -- Ruth

Comment

• heehee, thanks, and yours brightens mine! I was kind of embarrassed to put it, but I caught myself thinking it every time I saw my reflection. It actually kept catching me off guard. Not that I don't think highly of how attractive my face is, but well, lately I have sort of been put off by the "puffiness" of it, and less than impressed. Today, it is starting to look more like what I look like in my head.
              Chris
              Unknown

Comment

• I think those observations are important Chris. I love it!!
                Karin

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

What am I doing? Depends on the day.

Comment

• Originally posted by demuralist View Post
                  ok, so I just caught a glimpse of myself in the mirror. I look cute today My hair is just the right amount of mussed and done, my face looks clearer and thinner, my eyes look bright and sparkley...cute, I feel good (taking a break from cutting up the t-shirts)
                  Phew! Glad I'm not the only one who stops in front of the mirror and tells herself how good she looks. I thought I was getting a little vain.
                  Primal since 9/24/2010
                  "Our greatest foes, and whom we must chiefly combat, are within." Miguel de Cervantes

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
                  MFP username: MDAPebbles67

Comment

• ok, yeah, really, thanks guys, I was a little worried about the vanity part of it all.
                    Chris
                    Unknown

Comment

• I got all of the logo's and sayings and what not cut out of the t-shirts. My arthritic thumb has had enough. Tomorrow I will cut them to width (I will make a strip that is 15", two 14", and one of about 5"). After that I position them to balance the colors and cut them to length. Each strip need to be 84" long. then I will sew the strips together. then sew them onto a sheet, then I will machine quilt it in a random pattern. This I will sew onto a lightweight blanket to look like a giant pillow case, with ties in the inside bottom corners to hold the comforter in, and ties across the top to hold it closed. then I will be done. Hoping to at least get the strips done this weekend if not getting them sewn together.

I can't believe I talked myself into this, and I will still have to make one for DS!
                      Chris
                      Unknown

Comment

• Wow. The quilt sounds like a lot of work.

Went and checked my macros for the last week (my 7 whole clean eating days). Fat about 80%. It's hard for me to be there but makes me feel good. I hope the scale continues to reflect my hard work
                        -- Ruth

Comment

• It is a ridiculous amount of work. At least 5xs as much as i anticipated.

I haven't checked my averages but I will guess my fat is about 79%. I feel sure that you will very soon start releasing fat.
                          Chris
                          Unknown

Comment

• So last week's average was 77% fat/17% protein/6% carbs. And actually that is the pretty much the same it has been the whole time I have been doing this (even with the days I went off track). So it just goes to show that over time, a day here or there doesn't have a huge effect. Now if I could just get that attitude regarding my weight and just have it show as a point on a graph that is showing a downward movement, I would be interested in seeing that!

So it snowed again last night, very pretty! DS is at camp and supposed to come back today, if they can get out. It is warming up though and the roads look to be clearing here. It is also DS's 18th birthday. My kids' birthdays make me very nostalgic.

I went a little over on food yesterday. All foods that are "allowed" just tipped over the macros a bit, but not badly.

STATS:
                            Calories 1735 (1700)
                            Carbs 27g (30g)
                            Net Carbs 14g (15g)
                            Fat 152g (140g)
                            Protein 77g (75g)

Sleep, is still doing well...in bed 8:55, slept 8:19, efficiency 95% !

Today, it appears as though I am going with DH to a college basketball game, unless there is freezing rain at start time or is expected at the finish of the game.
                            Chris
                            Unknown

Comment

• Think you are doing great in terms of the food!!! The sleep news is awesome. If you aren't losing weight, then it might be just a minor tweak. Bet the steps will help once the treadmill arrives.

I like college sports, especially bball. Have fun!
                              -- Ruth

Comment

• college sports are way better than pro!

yes, I think it will be a minor tweak. And what I will do is just do a tweak, then not get on the scale again for at least another 6weeks to allow that to take effect. No more daily tweaking for me.
                                Chris
                                Unknown

Comment

Working...
                                X