No announcement yet.

Primal Journal-deMuralist

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm getting better about the lurking myself. I don't ever want to live without DH (and mom for that matter), but it would be a lot simpler, food wise, without them. I wouldn't have any lurkable foods around.
    -- Ruth

Comment

• Unfortunately for me, it doesn't require that it be a lurkable food. I think I have mentioned before that I once binged on brussel sprouts and ranch dip. The next day was not pleasant. So I need to get rid of the habit and not count on the food not being there.

Yesterday went well. DS had a rifle match that started at 5:00 and finally ended at 8, so we stopped to pick up a pizza on the way home. I thought about just scraping the stuff off of the crust, but then I thought "who am I kidding, the crust is the part I like, I will end up eating at least the edge if I go in there" So I mixed up some tampenade with some cream cheese, dipped half a bell pepper and some celery into it, had a cup of tea and called it a night.

the good news besides the fact that I resisted the pizza, is that DS ate about half of what he would normally have eaten (he has my genes and has a bit of a weight issue) and he shot his highest score ever. 544 out of a possible 600 with 12 center shots (a center shot is a perfect dead center bullseye, you can get a bullseye and it not be a dead center shot. Obviously center shots are a tad more impressive.) So he was pretty happy with himself.

STATS:
      Calories 1632 (1700)
      Carbs 31g/7% (35g)
      Net Carbs 18g (20g)
      Fat 144g/77% (140)
      Protein 69g/17% (70)

Pretty spot on! Sleep was pretty good, I got to bed late so I didn't have time to get enough sleep, but got a few long stretches so I feel pretty good this morning.
      Chris
      "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
      Unknown

My journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread36279.html

My "Program": doing my version of a 4:3 - 3 day fast diet with real food every day, with a little twist of anti-inflammatory mixed in.

Comment

• Wow, Chris, I'm impressed with the pizza. Like, really impressed. I can resist, but only because I can't do gluten or dairy. Not sure I could if I could eat those foods, especially if I was hungry. And, what a spot-on day!!! Woo hoo. I'm so proud of how well my MDA friends are doing lately!
        -- Ruth

Comment

• Originally posted by RMS123 View Post
          I'm so proud of how well my MDA friends are doing lately!
          Me too. All you ladies are kicking total butt.

Comment

• yeah on the pizza. However, the pizza hut in my small town has gotten used to making me a crustless pizza. Its YUM and full of fat! He also got me the stats so I could record it in my journal!
            Karin

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

What am I doing? Depends on the day.

Comment

• How cool is that, Karin? Love it!
              -- Ruth

Comment

• Originally posted by athomeontherange View Post
                yeah on the pizza. However, the pizza hut in my small town has gotten used to making me a crustless pizza. Its YUM and full of fat! He also got me the stats so I could record it in my journal!
                How does one even make a crustless pizza? Is the cheese on the bottom or something?

Comment

• In a pan, sauce on the bottom and then everything on that as normal. It really IS good! When I have them make a large to go, they divide it between 2 aluminum containers. You can not eat it like regular pizza but who cares.. it tastes like regular pizza! I have dont it for supremes too.
                  Karin

Comment

• Originally posted by athomeontherange View Post
                    In a pan, sauce on the bottom and then everything on that as normal. It really IS good! When I have them make a large to go, they divide it between 2 aluminum containers. You can not eat it like regular pizza but who cares.. it tastes like regular pizza! I have dont it for supremes too.
                    Ah, aluminum containers. Makes sense. All I could picture was sauce and cheese all stuck to a pizza box. note to self...more coffee.

Comment

• That is so cool that they will do that for you. Did they think you were crazy the first time?
                      Primal since 9/24/2010
                      "Our greatest foes, and whom we must chiefly combat, are within." Miguel de Cervantes

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
                      MFP username: MDAPebbles67

Comment

• well.. the waitress repeated (many times she could not wrap her head around it), then she went back to put the order in and talk to the cook, the cook came out totally baffled. NOW, they see me walk in, they know. LOL
                        Karin

Comment

• Yeah, I am sort of proud of myself for the pizza because it is from a place I like, they actually get the crust right.

I saw a "recipe" for pizza where the woman sauteed the stuff she wanted on it (meats and veggies and such) in some butter/coconut oil mix. Then put non-sitck foil (I love this stuff) on a cookie sheet. Spread out some sauce, laid the saute on top, covered it with cheese and baked it. If I ever get a craving that is what I will do.

I am really impressed with all of us staying the course so well. We are gonna be a group of skinny b!tches come summer.
                          Chris
                          "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
                          Unknown

My "Program": doing my version of a 4:3 - 3 day fast diet with real food every day, with a little twist of anti-inflammatory mixed in.

Comment

• oh yeah!!! skinny B is my goal! LOL Well, I will never be skinny.. always curvy but I get what you are saying.
                            Karin

Comment

• yeah, me neither, but not really interested in being skinny anyway. I am very "Nigella Lawson/rubenesque" at about 160, and it looks good.
                              Chris
                              Unknown

Comment

• I don't want to be skinny - I want to by CURVY, but without so much fat I don't even think I'd mind pleasantly plump - a little padding, depending upon where it ended up Of course, I don't know how many curves I really do have. I've never been thinner than a size 12 and I had a much different body comp then than I do now (I got there by strict WW and jogging 6 days per week. So, my legs were skinny, but I had a belly.). I like this body comp better - I think there are curves attached (not an hour glass, which I would love, but at least something).
                                -- Ruth

Comment

Working...
                                X