No announcement yet.

Primal Journal-deMuralist

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• thanks, this is just the pay back for losing 10 pounds when I started them! I am not discouraged, I got to drop a medication and that is always a great thing. I also know the body will have to adjust, it does not change my resolve to get to my goals.
    Chris
    "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
    Unknown

My journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread36279.html

My "Program": doing my version of a 4:3 - 3 day fast diet with real food every day, with a little twist of anti-inflammatory mixed in.

Comment

• Hang in there!! Your body is figuring things out. I weighed this morning though and after a day back on track with my diruetic the scale is headed in the right direction again. Still a bit puffy so maybe another day or so. I also took your advice and put the protein powder in the yogurt. That was REALLY good and your right, it gave me the protein boost I needed.

Your dinner sounds YUM! Don't forget the butter!!
      Karin

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

What am I doing? Depends on the day.

Comment

• I was thinking I would brown the breasts in coconut oil, and also use it to grease the cookie sheet to roast them in.

I am chugging water and green tea today, and when I am not I am in the restroom, thinking it is starting to take care of itself!

my DD just sent me a very sad picture of herself, her phone stopped working. ticks me off as it is only 1 1/2 yrs old. We have an upgrade available on our account so she can get another one, but what a pain!
        Chris
        "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
        Unknown

My "Program": doing my version of a 4:3 - 3 day fast diet with real food every day, with a little twist of anti-inflammatory mixed in.

Comment

• OK, this mornings weight is the same as yesterday's, YEAH! So maybe my body is done with its correction regarding the diuretic? Hopefully tomorrow will start back on the downward trend!

I am starting to feel better. Not sure if it is because of finally being off TTOM, or of being off of HCYZ and Coumadin, or finally getting the sleep issue resolved, or (most likely) a little bit of all of the above along with having found S.P.E.E.D. and finally feeling the confidence of knowing that what I am doing is healthy and right and holistic instead of being so focused on food.

Yesterday was a long day. At work we had our annual board meeting and members of the board came in from all over the country. Our building does not have parking, and we are in a University neighborhood so parking is very tight..metered or paid basically, unless you are willing to walk. And even if the members were able to walk the distance it was raining and cold. So we had 5 cars parked in metered spots that someone (that would be me) has to plug every 2 hours. Well actually, you can't stay at the same meter longer than the time on the meter, so I had to move the cars then plug the meters. All day. Then I had to go pick up the boss' kid from school, really nice kid and I didn't mind. The result of this game I played all day with the cars, and the extra walking I had to do just to keep things going during the meeting meant that I went 2 days in a row over 8,000 steps on my pedometer. (8,000 steps is my short term goal on the steps, I would really like to eventually get over 12,000 daily, which I have done in the not too distant past).

So I drank lots of green tea yesterday to warm back up. But that helped I think with the water issue, so I will likely try to keep at least a couple of cups a day in my menu.

So yesterday's food:

B: my mocha, 1/2 C wild blueberries, 1/2 C Fage full fat yogurt
          "L": 3 cups of green tea (The Republic of Tea's Double Green Matcha Tea-I can't stand regular green tea) with at total of 1C of TJ's coconut milk
          D: 1 large chicken breast with rib meat and skin, 1/2C peaches, large caesar salad, 1oz walnuts, 2T dried cranberries

the Stats=
          Calories:1,518
          Fat: 88.3 = 51%
          Carbs: 68.9g = 16%
          Fiber: 18.5 (so Net Carbs= 50.4)
          Protein:122.6 = 33%

Funny thing about the Stats, even though I essentially skipped lunch, my numbers are pretty close to what they would be if I had eaten lunch. weird.

weight this morning 267.8, same as yesterday!
          Last edited by demuralist; 10-29-2011, 06:52 AM. Reason: spelling
          Chris
          Unknown

Comment

• I am glad you are feeling better and that your body is leveling out. You will find I think yourself back on the losing track soon. I am currently at 300 lbs so I am getting back to 297 soon I hope.

Wow.. your work day yesterday sounds CRAZY!! How often do you have those meetings? Seems like it would have been easier to have them park farther away and you just shuttle them to the building and then shuttle them back after the meeting.

Is the green tea decaf? I have some mango green tea but its caffeinated.. in fact most of my green tea is caffeinated and keeps me up or wakes me up at night.
            Karin

Comment

• No the green tea is not decaf. I stop drinking it at 4 and switch to "Good Earth Original flavor" as it comes in decaf and is heavenly with coconut milk as well.

We have the board meetings once a year. I don't remember what we did last year. But this year my immediate boss, who takes care of all these sorts of details, is in Hawaii (her parents have a time share and basically very little choice on dates). I think we paid the city to reserve the spots, but the price doubled so they decided not to do that again. When we needed parking in the summer we just asked the school next door if we could have 5 spots, but this is was a school day and they need their spots. We will definitely come up with something different next year.

so exciting for you to get under 300! I know that must be a meaningful hurdle. If my body doesn't start acting right you are going to catch up to me!
              Chris
              Unknown

Comment

• I LOVE GOOD EARTH ORIGINAL FLAVOR!! Heaven in a cup! Today I had red Velvet Chocolate Roobios tea with cream. Its decaf and devine!!! I just love my hot tea! speaking of.. time to heat more water!

edit to add: Stash has their pumpkin spice and Christmas spice out. Both are divine with cream or can easily stand alone AND are decaf.
                Karin

Comment

• I really like the Stash Chai, am out of it right now, sad. I will have to look for the red velvet as that is one of my all time favorite flavors. I also use Bigelow's Sweet Dreams as my final cup of the day.
                  Chris
                  Unknown

Comment

• I have a pimple. Geez, I only had 3 through all of high school and now this is the 2nd this week. (first one was on the tip of my nose)
                    Chris
                    Unknown

Comment

• Originally posted by demuralist View Post
                      I have a pimple. Geez, I only had 3 through all of high school and now this is the 2nd this week. (first one was on the tip of my nose)
                      Oh doesn't that drive you nuts? I get them once in a great while. I had one under my chin last week but for the most part my skin is very clear.

Oh.. had some jasmine tea this morning. Talk about a beautiful tea. It has caffeine so for me its a morning only tea.
                      Karin

Comment

• yum. DH had a student that brought some tea from home (Taiwan or Japan, not sure), loose leaf- amazing!

this is ridiculous! up 9 pounds this week. I know it is the water and the number isn't what is bothering me. My face is so puffy! Rings and shoes are tight. the clothes still fit like they did last Sunday, but looking in the mirror is harsh.

I have added the link to my fitday.com food journal to my signature, if you are interested check it out. I will still likely put the general food I ate on this journal though.

My food scale is supposed to come Monday! excited. Today is the day I check in with Matt, I'll let you know his take on the water issue.
                        Chris
                        Unknown

Comment

• Found this on one site:

For those who only require minimal fluid reduction, and who don’t have major health conditions, certain foods are natural diuretics and may be a better alternative to drug-based diuretics. Examples of natural diuretics are cranberries, celery, parsley, asparagus, artichoke, melon, watercress, apple cider vinegar, coffee and other caffeinated beverages. It also helps to reduce salt and carbohydrate intake and to drink plenty of water when on a diuretic diet.

another said:Beverages containing caffeine and alcohol have a diuretic effect, and several other foods including celery, onion, eggplant, asparagus and watermelon are said to have a diuretic effect. In addition, the herbs hawthorn, corn silk, and parsley are used as diuretics in natural medicine. Of these, hawthorn, (crataegus oxycanthus) is the most powerful.

and yet anotheriuretic food
                          Natural foods with high water content such as watermelons and cucumbers help increase urination and better flushing out of toxins. Cucumbers are rich in sulfur and silicon that stimulate the kidneys into better removal of uric acid. Watercress and artichokes are also natural diuretic foods.

Asparagus contains asparigine - a chemical alkaloid that boosts kidney performance, thereby improving waste removal from the body.

Brussel Spouts help in stimulating the kidneys and pancreas. This helps in better cleansing of cells.

Beets are natural diuretic foods that attack floating body fats and fatty deposits.

Cabbage is known to aid breakage of fatty deposits, especially around the abdominal region.

Carrots are a rich source of carotene that speeds the metabolic rate of the body and hastens removal of fat deposits and waste.

Lettuce aids better metabolism and flushing of toxins.

Tomatoes are rich in Vitamin C that aid the metabolism and release of water from the kidney to flush out waste.

Other than the other excellent properties that Garlic possesses, it is a natural diuretic food that aids breakage of fat. Horseradish, raw onions and radish speed up your metabolism.

some other answers: http://answers.yahoo.com/question/in...6204815AAmVKt7

this looks good too: Natural Diuretic

How long were you on the diuretic?
                          Last edited by athomeontherange; 10-30-2011, 09:17 AM. Reason: took out the oats reference
                          Karin

Comment

• WOW, thanks so much, I looked it up and did not get nearly as much info. That will be very helpful. I plan to make the cabbage soup today, will have to get some cukes to add to my lunch salad. Need to go back to adding the Parsley to my dinner proteins, I was using for some other reason (iron?). Also my 16 oz. of morning coffee, and my 2 to 3 green teas should take care of the caffeine part. I am sure it must have tapered off by now. I am right at the total weight I lost (lost 10 put on 9.8) although this morning I went back down a tad to 268.8 even after yesterday's weird food intake, so hopefully I am turning the corner.

I was on the diuretic for a little over 6 months. My BP is pretty much dependent on my weight. Not the number so much as its direction, weird.

Yesterday was a weird day. I got in my morning mocha, but not till later. I had to run out and get supplies for the church youth Halloween party, so DS and DH could take my car to go shooting. Then spent the afternoon making gravestones, they came out great! My BF's daughter came over to help. So we worked straight through till we were done, they needed to start the decorating at 4:30 (I am a horrible procrastinator). Then I took them to the party and helped decorate. Then I ended up staying and helping with the fire, and then starting chatting to the other parents. Then the pizza arrived. I am not a huge pizza fan, but I was starving, so I had the cheese and pepperoni off of 3 slices. Then I splurged and did a s'more. It was so good, made with a chocolate graham cracker, 2 marshmallows, and 2 squares of Hershey. I decided it was primal since it was cooked over the fire! Totally savored every morsel.

I still came in all right as far as my numbers go, Cals=1,551, Fat=95.6 (55%), Carbs=70.5 (63.5 Net, 17%), and Protein=109 (28%)

All in all, lots of fun, out in the fresh air, and the gravestones look pretty darn good!
                            Last edited by demuralist; 10-31-2011, 05:48 AM. Reason: spelling
                            Chris
                            Unknown

Comment

• Hey do not feel bad about the pizza.. it happens. That being said, I stressed this morning at work and ate a donut. I am counting it of course but also IFing lunch. While I have the "empty" feeling its not bothersome and that is what tea and water are for.

Yeah on you getting fresh air too. Today;s high is like 72 so trick or treating will be PERFECT!
                              Karin

Comment

• I think that is about the same high as ours. DS will just go out with friends, if at all. Dh is going to fly over to see DS for lunch tomorrow and taking DS along, so he may decide sleep is more valuable that candy....hahahahaha, who am I kidding? He can sleep on the plane (DS not DH who will be doing the flying)

Actually once I plugged in the food on fitday.com I was on the low side (of calories anyway). You should plug in the donut, you are probably not as bad off as you think, you can probably still afford to eat some VLC protein at least. Tonight's candy is likely to be the real challenge.
                                Chris
                                Unknown

Comment

Working...
                                X