X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'll have DH help me
    -- Ruth

Comment

• funny girl, click community at the top, then click find friends, then type in my username. Or you could just tell me yours and I will friend you.
      Chris
      "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
      Unknown

My journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread36279.html

My "Program": doing my version of a 4:3 - 3 day fast diet with real food every day, with a little twist of anti-inflammatory mixed in.

Comment

• It's the same as on here. RMS123. Because I have a techie husband, so I'm illiterate
        -- Ruth

Comment

• I am too, but I don't like to ask the DH for help cause he is a teacher at heart, so he won't just do it it has to become a learning experience! So I just sent you a friend request there. Up in the top there will be a number in parentheses you can click it then accept and that should do it.
          Chris
          "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
          Unknown

My "Program": doing my version of a 4:3 - 3 day fast diet with real food every day, with a little twist of anti-inflammatory mixed in.

Comment

• Found it. Now I have to figure out to see you!
            -- Ruth

Comment

• I think if you go to your friends- from your home page click on friends in the blue bar-, then click on my avatar it will give you the choice to send me a message, look at my profile, or see my diary.
              Last edited by demuralist; 01-18-2013, 04:16 PM. Reason: clarify
              Chris
              Unknown

Comment

• Cool. Took me forever to find the friends
                -- Ruth

Comment

• I wish I had constant internet access so MFP would work for me.. I need a journal that works offline too.
                  Karin

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

What am I doing? Depends on the day.

Comment

• Karin, what if you take a photo of your food when you are not online then you can add it later?

So that is 2 days in a row that I was hungry at night. I am going to change up my lunch just a little and see if that will help. The problem is I am running out of the typical things I use for my breakfast and lunch and having to substitute less than optimal choices. I don't know if it is mental or physical, but it does not seem to be going well. I have to work today so will have to hold off shopping till tomorrow.

STATS:
                    Calories 1887 (1700)
                    Carbs 46g/9& (35g)
                    Net Carbs 26g/6% (20g)
                    Fat 164g/76% (140)
                    Protein 74g/15% (70)

not horrible, but not a good trend.

I will likely be at work all day, not getting to visit you all so have a fun day.
                    Chris
                    Unknown

Comment

• Will miss you, Chris! Have a good day at work
                      -- Ruth

Comment

• Chris- you probably are but are you looking at where you are loading your fats? I just mention it because I did well yesterday front loading the fat in the morning.
                        Karin

Comment

• LUNCH break!

Actually, Karin, I did focus on that for the couple of days I did well and then I sort of slipped. I front loaded the fats, back loaded the carbs, and evenly distributed the protein. It was very successful. Thanks for the reminder.
                          Chris
                          Unknown

Comment

• So I was thinking while I was working (what I am doing today is mindless-mounting and cutting photos), yes thinking mind you. I felt better the 2 days that I went over a bit than I did the other days, and (TMI alert) and my BMs were much better (ie. I felt like I actually pretty much cleared the waste).

So I am wondering if since I have at least 100 pounds to lose if it wouldn't be better if I shot for about the half way mark and then as I get closer I could redo the macros for the low goal weight. I also worry that if I am hitting the low mark I don't have anywhere to go when I hit a plateau. Maybe not shoot for those numbers as much as use it as the high end of the range?

So that would be 90kg. (200lbs)

Which would be...
                            90g protein
                            180g fat
                            45g carb
                            2150 calories

Now I think these numbers are too high, but I know that at long as I am under 2,000 I am below what I was averaging before I started this. I do think that my carbs probably need for the most part to stay under 35g, but if once a week or so my fat and protein crept up I don't think it would be a bad thing. Especially if when my protein crept up I kept the carbs really low.

What do you guys think?
                            Chris
                            Unknown

Comment

• I keep contemplating the same thing myself. If I go so low now, what will I do when I hit a plateau (which happens to us all). I would say this - if you are (1) feeling good; and then (2) starting to make progress on losing weight, then why not go to higher calories?

I'm wondering -- and I have no basis at all for this -- if you fix your protein and carbs at the lower level, but upped the fat.

TMI (since we're sharing here) - I was worried about BMs with my carbs being so low. I've not had any problems, as long as I keep the fat up.
                              -- Ruth

Comment

• Here is my thought on it. The macros are what we should be eating when we reach our goal weight. Didn't we calculate our weight in KG for the, what was it, hot in a swimsuit etc.? I know a plateau will happen however, as long as you keep to it, technically you will break through it. The stats we have now are what we need to sustain the weight we want to be. Correct?
                                Karin

Comment

Working...
                                X