No announcement yet.

Primal Journal-deMuralist

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• It really isn't a waste of time if she finds new-to-her clothing and things!
    Of all the paths you take in life, make sure a few of them are dirt.

Comment

• Ah Good Point. I love shopping at SA and GW no guilt and great stuff.

Yeah Chris, buy yourself something just to spite him.
      Primal since 9/24/2010
      "Our greatest foes, and whom we must chiefly combat, are within." Miguel de Cervantes

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
      MFP username: MDAPebbles67

Comment

• I will also pick up some nic nac type thing to lay around the house just to bug him. He HATES nic nac stuff. He doesn't really care if the house is what I call "clean" as long as it is what I call "picked up", ie. nothing on any horizontal surface. To me that looks like we are moving out, ie no personality. So he thinks I don't clean because I am not big on picking up after everyone. But I wash the floors on my hands and knees because I am a fanatic about dirt in the corners. When I vacuum I vacuum from ceiling to floor, including fans and walls. But I return the piles to their original spots.

Of course I will also pick up some new clothes or jewelry! But he won't notice that.
        Chris
        "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
        Unknown

My journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread36279.html

My "Program": doing my version of a 4:3 - 3 day fast diet with real food every day, with a little twist of anti-inflammatory mixed in.

Comment

• i LOVE shopping the secondary market (thrift stores)! I've made some terrific finds this year! DH can't complain because I've found him some really good stuff, too.

Comment

• My DH is an accountant. He would prefer I didn't spend the money, but if I am going to spend he obviously prefers thrift. 90% of our non-grocery expenditures are from the secondary market.
            Chris
            "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
            Unknown

My "Program": doing my version of a 4:3 - 3 day fast diet with real food every day, with a little twist of anti-inflammatory mixed in.

Comment

• Get something really tacky to hang on the bedroom wall from the thrift store also . You might hate it (for the time you let it hang there) but it will also make you laugh!

Comment

• I love it, crushed velvet Elvis is what I am thinking!
                Chris
                Unknown

Comment

• STATS:
                  Calories: 2175
                  Carbs 33g (goal 35) 5%
                  Fat 201g (goal 140) 81%
                  Protein 77g (goal 70g) 14%

Technically 2100 calories is still low enough for me to lose fat, and my percentages are good, so I am not going to fret these 2 days and just work harder at inching those numbers down.

yesterday's cream cheese clouds were a bad idea, they are too yummy. I just do not do well with that sort of "allowed dessert" in the house. I will not be doing that again. I also think I need to figure out a way to just drink when I get home from work, so I will either add a tsp of CO to tea and whip it, or drink some bone broth.
                  Chris
                  Unknown

Comment

• I hear ya. I can't make these sweet fat bombs. I eat too much. I can make a savory fat bomb and be totally fine.

How's the treadmill shopping going? I know you'll (more than likely) end up with your Costco one. At least going to GW, etc. is enjoyable (Unfortunately, I'm a lot like your DH, though not as extreme.)
                    -- Ruth

Comment

• I will let him know tomorrow the results of the shopping are that I will be ordering the Costco treadmill.

Today I found a fantastic low trunk, to use for an ottoman (this is why I am waiting a day to break the news on the treadmill-I am sure he thinks the one we have is just fine). So cool $200 from an outlet connected to a designers showroom here. It needs cleaned up and is made from reclaimed materials so it looks really old. The one we have is a cheapie leather one, the leather is cracking and the hinges are not working. I will donate it. I also found a frame at the same place, for the art work over the bed. I will stain it to darken it up, but it is wonderful! It had a mirror in it and the mirror broke so they sold me the frame for $90, it is 36"x40" or so gilded wood. Now I need to find 2 smaller ones that are as ornate. More thrift shopping, yeah!!

I also found some great clothes bargains. An awesome trench in a pale limeish green color, a spring jacket in hot pink, a black and white top, a purple plaid top, and a short light rain jacket (which I desperately needed) all for $32! gotta love goodwill!
                      Chris
                      Unknown

Comment

• Wow, what a great day of shopping!!!

I adore GW. For work, I try to wear nice stuff - Ann Taylor, Talbots, etc. I find 90% at GW. The rest, end of clearance at the outlets, if we travel near one at sale time.
                        -- Ruth

Comment

• I don't have great luck there, I think women my size tend to wear their stuff out thinking they are going to lose weight so they don't want to buy new stuff! My daughter has fantastic luck there though.
                          Chris
                          Unknown

Comment

• I can't wait to be a size 6 or 8. That's where the really good stuff is. (I've never been that small, but I remain hopeful. It might take me years, but hey, I've still (hopefully) got years).
                            -- Ruth

Comment

• Yesterday was a good day, even though I had a snack and it was 3 of those coconut clouds. I was running errands and got started late. I didn't want to stop and eat lunch, so I chose the clouds. It worked very well and my macros and calories stayed in line. Also got the cool stuff.

STATS for the day...
                              Calories 1702
                              Carbs 32g (35g is goal)- fiber 14g = net 18g 4%
                              Fat 150 (goal is 140) 79%
                              Protein 73 (goal is 70) 17%

So we again have the confusing numbers that my calories are spot on but my fat grams are over (Protien is high but carbs are low so they balance each other calories wise). This is obviously not as precise a science as I would like!
                              Chris
                              Unknown

Comment

• Isn't it meant as more of a guidance anyway? You are doing far better than me. Tracking is so confusing to me. I have signed up on MFP and am still trying to figure it out. Any tips?

Score on your shopping finds!

Comment

Working...
                                X