No announcement yet.

Primal Journal-deMuralist

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MFP is underestimating my food by almost 150 cals, but since I am watching the macros, it is ok. It could also be a flaw in the input of a food by users.

I have completely stopped the whey protein. My breakfast consists of 2 eggs and 2 slices of bacon - 18g protein. I know that you don't like to eat solid in the am so cutting down on the scoop seems like a good, best of both worlds plan.
    Primal since 9/24/2010
    "Our greatest foes, and whom we must chiefly combat, are within." Miguel de Cervantes

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
    MFP username: MDAPebbles67

Comment

• for a while I was doing 2 eggs in the morning shake, but I started doing eggs at lunch cause it is easy to take (I make an egg salad with a whole avocado and a T of mayo) and I add an ounce and a half of cheese, filling -easy -yummy -portable -perfect. So I went back to the whey for breakfast. I could keep doing the eggs but I don't like the idea of getting all my protein from a single source, I think variety is the best option, especially since I tend to eat the same breakfast and same lunch every day. Today's breakfast has stayed with me very well too, no tummy growling and it has been 6 hours so far. I will stop and eat lunch in a few though as I am just starting to get hungry.
      Chris
      "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
      Unknown

My journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread36279.html

My "Program": doing my version of a 4:3 - 3 day fast diet with real food every day, with a little twist of anti-inflammatory mixed in.

Comment

• I've had the same B,L & D for the last 3 days and I'm not tired of it yet. Tomorrow will be a different dinner. I'm on a liverwurst and cream cheese kick for lunch right now.
        Primal since 9/24/2010
        "Our greatest foes, and whom we must chiefly combat, are within." Miguel de Cervantes

Comment

• I actually read somewhere (could be BS) that people who did that are more successful at weight loss. Of course I am sure there are studies that show the opposite is true. But it works well for me. I can't do liverwurst without potato chips on white bread no less!
          Chris
          "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
          Unknown

My "Program": doing my version of a 4:3 - 3 day fast diet with real food every day, with a little twist of anti-inflammatory mixed in.

Comment

• So I got home from work and made a sort of fat bomb. No idea how to put those into MFP so I did the best I could. I did then actually just eat a small spinach salad for dinner. So I ended up with good stats and it felt good too.

STATS:
            Calories 1752
            Carbs 33 (goal 35) minus fiber 18 equals 15g
            Fat 163 (goal 140 so a tad high here)
            Protein 60 (upper end is 70 so very good here)

Talked to DH yesterday about the treadmill. He never wanted to have a treadmill or really any equipment in the house. He is a gym person. But he couldn't argue with free so we got one. Now he knows that I used it regularly (he saw it), and that the kids even used it he knows he can't really argue with having one, but he really doesn't want it. So when I told him that I am going to get one, and which one and why, you could tell by the look on his face he wasn't happen but what could he say? Nothing really. And that is exactly what he said...nothing. Smart hubby!

I am going to get the one from Costco. It is a pro-form and is $600 less than the one I was thinking of getting. Plus costco delivers it, sets it up, and removes the trash at no additional cost. The more expensive one was another $150 to deliver, plus more to set it up and haul the trash! So as soon as my Costco credit card comes in I am going to order it. So I should have it in my basement ready to go by the first of the month.
            Chris
            Unknown

Comment

• Looks like a good food day!! Hooray! Congrats on the new treadmill! Lets hope the card comes soon.
              Karin

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

What am I doing? Depends on the day.

Comment

• Yay, for the treadmill. Can't wait to hear all about it Great job yesterday!!!!
                -- Ruth

Comment

• I have been checking the mail twice a day! I would just order it but I need the Am Ex to charge anything from Costco. They do an instant approval but the clerk who entered my info at the store put the wrong birth year so I had to do it over the phone and they have to mail it.
                  Chris
                  Unknown

Comment

• DUH. Dumb clerk. Don't they know how important exercise is?
                    Primal since 9/24/2010

Comment

• Costco has all that info in their computer already so if you have the account number you should be able to do it without the card. Just deal with customer service.
                      Of all the paths you take in life, make sure a few of them are dirt.

Comment

• ooo, hadn't thought of that honeybuns! thanks, I will work on it when I get home. Now I am really excited!

she had entered 2008, so it wasn't even a little off. If she had just turned the monitor around and let me check we would have been done with it!
                        Chris
                        Unknown

Comment

• So DH came home with guns loaded (so to speak) last night. We have been in our home for 9 years, I am not done with it yet. I like to decorate by collecting as opposed to "buying the room". He wants things done. So our bedroom is not quite done, there is nothing above the bed. He called from work yesterday to say there was a vender there who had a photo that was the perfect size for over the bed. Here is the problem, I am an artist. I don't buy corporate art. I also am on my 5th plan for that space. (#1 fell through because I could not get one of my BFF's to print her photos, #2 fell through because I could not make a reasonable facsimile of her photos, #3 I could not get it to work, #4 fell through because he didn't like it-now it hangs in spare room, #5 is in progress). So I was a tad peeved when he called and he was peeved that I was not overjoyed with his good news that he found a "painting".

When he gets home I explain to him, if he had taken the time to listen after any of the times he nagged me about that space he would know what was going on. Well that set it off. He then says there are more than a few projects that I have not completed. To which I say that there are more that I have completed. He concedes this point. But then tells me to look for the treadmill at Goodwill or something because those things sit and most people don't use them. To which I say I will look, but he knows that I use it, as he has seen me on it. He says once or twice, I say because I am home an hour and a half after you leave for work and usually do it then. I stopped when I had to start taking you to work. Then the treadmill stopped. He said whatever and walked away.

I ended up eating 4 fat bombs.

The STATS:
                          Calories 2124
                          Carbs 35g & 6% (spot on) - Fiber 18g = 17g Net
                          Fat 193g & 79%(way high, 140 goal)
                          Protien 82g & 15%(tad high, 70 goal)

So the percentages are still good.

p.s. thanks for letting me rant. I will go to Goodwill, and Salvation Army, and call Play it again Sports, and call Push Pedal Pull, and then I will order from Costco unless by some twist of fate one of the 2 machines I am looking for is in one of those places for a ridiculously low price. And he wonders what I do with my time!
                          Last edited by demuralist; 01-11-2013, 08:49 AM.
                          Chris
                          Unknown

Comment

• Or you could just order the one from Costco because they have a fantastic return policy if anything goes wrong with the treadmill. My nephew's 5 year old memory foam mattress developed divots and Costco replaced it with a brand new mattress.
                            Of all the paths you take in life, make sure a few of them are dirt.

Comment

• I have no doubt I will get the one from Costco, for that reason and the delivery/set-up/take away the trash reason also. I had to do that with the one that just died but it was free, and I don't think I have it in me to do it again. But I will do the research, and the trips to Goodwill and Salvation Army are likely to cost him, I rarely leave there empty handed. I won't lie to him, I said I would do it so I will.
                              Chris
                              Unknown

Comment

• Husbands can be such a PITA. So you will waste all of your time today looking in those other places and then get it from costco anyway.
                                Primal since 9/24/2010

Comment

Working...
                                X