No announcement yet.

Primal Journal-deMuralist

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yay for the treadmill! We're thinking about moving to Costco, although the AE is one of its drawbacks. Some of them apparently have good deals on coconut oil, have pastured chicken, etc. It's actually on our list to go check them out in the next few days
    -- Ruth

Comment

• No, we don't use a debit card. My daughter will use hers, with her card while she is away at school though. I will take the check book today, and pick up the AmEx application. Since I have not really worked since we had the kids, I think that I probably need to re-establish some credit.
      Chris
      "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
      Unknown

My journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread36279.html

My "Program": doing my version of a 4:3 - 3 day fast diet with real food every day, with a little twist of anti-inflammatory mixed in.

Comment

• Their coconut oil is a great price, I think it was $15 (maybe $17, I am horrible with numbers, sorry) for a 54oz container. It is "pure, unrefined, cold pressed, organic". BFF had picked one up for me and I really like it. I think they also have access to pasture raised beef. BFF really likes their produce too. It is my hope that I will just end up shopping at Trader Joes for most groceries and Costco for those things I used to have to go to Kroger or Target for.
        Chris
        "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
        Unknown

My "Program": doing my version of a 4:3 - 3 day fast diet with real food every day, with a little twist of anti-inflammatory mixed in.

Comment

• We limit our trips - it's too easy to spend too much money. But, if I could buy chicken, etc. in bulk, then I separate and freeze I can find great beef, but struggle to find good chicken. Trader Joe's is too far away from house for grocery shopping
          -- Ruth

Comment

• I would use costco more if I could go without the hubs. We spend so much $$$$.
            Primal since 9/24/2010
            "Our greatest foes, and whom we must chiefly combat, are within." Miguel de Cervantes

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
            MFP username: MDAPebbles67

Comment

• Actually for me, taking Dh seriously curtails the spending. If it isn't on the list he won't buy it and doesn't want me to either. Today, they had a set of SS mixing bowls with lids I have been looking all over for. Luckily, this past week at the beach they had a set and I had added it to my "list of things to get" otherwise I would not have gotten out of the store with them!

Also I am finding that now that I have been more than a few times I am not as enamored as I was the first few times I went.

They had huge roasted chickens for $5!

We spent $300, but we got DH some t-shirts, undies, and socks, and DS got new boxers as well. I am pretty sure it has been years, and all of that stuff was on the list!

I love the free app on my phone- it is "Use Your Handwriting" and has 10 lists you can name whatever you want, and well, use your handwriting to write (on a touch screen) so much easier and faster! and my list is always with me and always updated. Perfect for a new Costco member!

As luck would have it, Trader Joes is the closest most convenient grocery store to my house.
              Chris
              Unknown

Comment

• I would love to check out costco.. we just have same here.
                Karin

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

What am I doing? Depends on the day.

Comment

• BFF uses Sams for the Club (she is the manager of a pool and tennis club in the summer). She says it is better for the sorts of things she needs there. Although I did get my kcups from there, and Dh's micro fiber clothes, and they have a decent selection of SF syrups.
                  Chris
                  Unknown

Comment

• There are things I like about both, although I'm unwilling to pay for 2 memberships
                    -- Ruth

Comment

• I think eventually I will be able to use just TJ's and Costco and be just fine. I will forget the things I could not live without from the other stores, just like I have forgotten the things I could not live without before I started shopping at TJ's. I also do a monthly run to Whole Foods.
                      Chris
                      Unknown

Comment

• So yesterday went very well. I ate what I had planned to eat and didn't eat anything I didn't plan to eat. I did not crave or even think about eating anything sweet or crunchy or carby. I did not prowl the pantry or even have to stop myself from prowling the pantry. This is a new experience. Very good experience.

My macros are a little off (protein high, ok with the carbs they were all veggie, calories tad high) so some tweaking is in order, but still all in all a good day!

Carbs: 40g minus Fiber: 16g equals Net Carbs: 24g
                        Fat 143g
                        Protein 105g
                        Calories 1837
                        Last edited by demuralist; 01-07-2013, 06:14 AM.
                        Chris
                        Unknown

Comment

• Great First Day!

My intake has been too high too.
                          My Fitness Pal says that at 1850 cals using my 75%, 20%, 5% customized set up, I should eat 157g fat, 94 g protein, and 23g carb.
                          (I went over on everything yesterday. For TTOM, I am allowing myself to eat whatever I want that is fat and protein.)

Whereas in our original formula I should have 154 g fat, 77g protein and 39g carb. Not sure whether the higher protein or carb is better, but I find that my actual food intake naturally matches the MFP plan. It remains to be seen if 94g protein will keep me out of ketosis.

PS Thanks for supporting me on the EMF thread. As you said, I just wanted to put a word in for those with disordered eating.
                          Last edited by Pebbles67; 01-07-2013, 06:26 AM.
                          Primal since 9/24/2010
                          "Our greatest foes, and whom we must chiefly combat, are within." Miguel de Cervantes

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
                          MFP username: MDAPebbles67

Comment

• Yea, the MFP sets the carbs and protein a tad differently than what I want but my numbers are easy enough to remember, so I ignore their goals. Plus they change when the fitbit syncs the steps, making them way high. But funny thing is I had so much trouble getting my protein high when we were trying to do that, and now I am having a bit of an issue getting it down! I am generally shooting to do less than 30g of it per meal.

p.s. we have both traveled that "I feel great, so great I don't need food, oops giant binge, giant binge, how do I get off this merry-go-round" road before. I think it was smart of you to put in a good word.
                            Chris
                            Unknown

Comment

• Awesome news about day 1. I agree with getting the protein numbers down closer to the goal. What is funny is when we struggled to get it so high!
                              Karin

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

What am I doing? Depends on the day.

Comment

• I know! we struggled so hard to get that protein up!

I think tomorrow I will add a tsp of coconut oil to my morning matcha. I don't want to add a T yet because I really like the taste the way it is, I don't want to mess with success, but a little of the coconut oil in the hot tea will help with the fat numbers. Although I don't really need help with that so much as I need to get it without getting so much protein. I actually think you could do this HFLC and be a vegetarian (not that I would mind you). My current goal is to get 30ish grams of protein each meal, then I will drop a little from that until I get to about 23g per meal.
                                Chris
                                Unknown

Comment

Working...
                                X