No announcement yet.

Primal Journal-deMuralist

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Good Luck at the doctor. Hope they can figure out the bleeding problem.

BTW I just read back and saw your question about Sarasota. We've been there 5 times since my In-laws moved there in '05. I love it and would love to retire there. My hubs refuses to ever live in Fla full time, so we will probably do the snow bird thing. Alas, I am still 12 years from retirement.
    Last edited by Pebbles67; 10-24-2011, 05:23 AM.
    Primal since 9/24/2010
    "Our greatest foes, and whom we must chiefly combat, are within." Miguel de Cervantes

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
    MFP username: MDAPebbles67

Comment

• We plan to do a small place in Amelia Island as it is close to the Mayo (excellent health care), and may keep a small place here as well. We are probably at least 12 years away as well, dh needs to be busy so I may not let him retire! Sarasota does get stinking hot in the summer, more so than on the east coast.

The bleeding they figure is pretty much that I am entering menopause at the same time I am taking coumaden, luckily I get to stop the coumaden today (yeah) as well as the HCTZ (blood pressure was so low she had trouble finding it!). So I can go back to taking iron again. If the bleeding doesn't correct itself without the coumaden they want me to get an IUD, I am likely to just let it run its course though.

Also, doc was happy that I have lost 30 pounds since March, 20 of those since May. She doesn't keep up with Cholesterol etc, as she feels the science doesn't really back up low numbers being healthy for women. So now we are just concentrating on weight loss (and I feel confident I found the key for that after 40 years of dieting!) and iron. She would also like to see me add walking in as I start to feel better, which is already in my plans. She is not real big on weight lifting but says if I want to do body weight exercises 1 or 2 times a week she would be good with that.
      Chris
      "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
      Unknown

My journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread36279.html

My "Program": doing my version of a 4:3 - 3 day fast diet with real food every day, with a little twist of anti-inflammatory mixed in.

Comment

• Originally posted by demuralist View Post
        We plan to do a small place in Amelia Island as it is close to the Mayo (excellent health care), and may keep a small place here as well. We are probably at least 12 years away as well, dh needs to be busy so I may not let him retire! Sarasota does get stinking hot in the summer, more so than on the east coast.

The bleeding they figure is pretty much that I am entering menopause at the same time I am taking coumaden, luckily I get to stop the coumaden today (yeah) as well as the HCTZ (blood pressure was so low she had trouble finding it!). So I can go back to taking iron again. If the bleeding doesn't correct itself without the coumaden they want me to get an IUD, I am likely to just let it run its course though.

Also, doc was happy that I have lost 30 pounds since March, 20 of those since May. She doesn't keep up with Cholesterol etc, as she feels the science doesn't really back up low numbers being healthy for women. So now we are just concentrating on weight loss (and I feel confident I found the key for that after 40 years of dieting!) and iron. She would also like to see me add walking in as I start to feel better, which is already in my plans. She is not real big on weight lifting but says if I want to do body weight exercises 1 or 2 times a week she would be good with that.
        well hooray that its nothing serious. Hopefully it will end soon! Yeah getting off meds!
        Karin

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

What am I doing? Depends on the day.

Comment

• thanks. You should have seen how embarrassed the nurse was because she could not find my blood pressure. I said I am sure it is just a bit low, it was...100/60! pulse was 66 it is usually it the high 70's or low 80's!

My mom said her menopause was the same way, months without then bam a few weeks on. Didn't take her long though, and truthfully that is the only 'symptom' I have. No hot flashes or anything else, so can't complain too much.
          Chris
          "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
          Unknown

My "Program": doing my version of a 4:3 - 3 day fast diet with real food every day, with a little twist of anti-inflammatory mixed in.

Comment

• I am 41 and have had no hot flashes or "changes" yet.. my mom started at about 35 so I am hoping I go into the Menopause gracefully.LOL Of course that would be the ONLY graceful think I have ever done!
            Karin

Comment

• Yeah, my parents named me Christina with the idea that they would call me Tina, but mom said Tina is a ballerina type name and I was never that graceful! (she was joking of course, but we are genetically inclined to be klutzy!)

Mom did not really have any symptoms either, never did any hormone replacement or anything, so it this is all I have to deal with I am good to go, of course the sooner it is over the better!
              Chris
              Unknown

Comment

• WARNING TMI POST!!!!

the pendulum swings from not going to not being able to stop going! OMG what has gotten into my intestines. No work today, need to stay close to the restroom. I am going to try to paint the ceiling in my living room, since I have to stay home anyway, we will see how that goes.

I weigh daily so my weight goes up and down, it was up yesterday, the same today. 263.6, the intestinal situation cannot help that. Even with going too much, it tends to make my body hold onto the fluids, so it rarely makes me lose weight. I will need to make sure I get a lot of fluids today!

yesterday's food:

B: same
                L: same
                D: 3 eggs, 1/4C aged cheddar, 4oz mushrooms, 1/2 small onion, 1tsp butter, 3 brussell sprouts (omelet) and tea with coconut milk and stevia
                Chris
                Unknown

Comment

• I had awful hot flashes before Primal. Yay Primal!
                  Primal since 9/24/2010
                  "Our greatest foes, and whom we must chiefly combat, are within." Miguel de Cervantes

Comment

• When I was in my mid 40's I seem to remember having some symptoms that were attributed to peri-menopause. They just went away. Can't even remember what they were.

It would be wonderful if being Primal keeps menopause side effects to a minimum.
                    Chris
                    Unknown

Comment

• So, oddly I have gained weight the past 2 days. I am up 4 pounds. Now this could be due to stopping the diuretic, but I feel like I have increased my fluid intake to compensate. 15C yesterday. Maybe my body needs a few days to adjust. Of course there is also the strange goings on with my BMs, and certainly that could affect my weight. Not to mention that yesterday moved less than would be normal. I did get the construction dust cleaned off the walls and furniture, as well as oiling the wood in the living room. But that took all day (I stayed home from work) and much of it was sitting down or standing in one spot.

I did think I might go ahead and paint the ceiling (before I decided to do the cleaning), but did not have the strength to hold the filled paint roller over my head to do it. So I cleaned up the brush and the roller and put away the paint and decided to clean instead.

It looks great. The room is not put back together, I do still have to paint the ceiling, but it is usable and clean.

My food was typical...

B: mocha, yogurt, blueberries, stevia
                      L: cabbage, avocado, chia, salmon, a little bit of left over chicken, vinegar, green tea (x's 2!), coconut milk, stevia
                      D: tilapia fillet, caesar salad, homemade clam chowder, well sort of homemadeish, I put a can of Trader Joe's clam chowder in with 4 cans of clams-they are high in iron. The TJ's had potato and a wheat thickener, so a bit off primal there, but on task nutritionally. Someday I will figure out a primal clam chowder, yesterday was not that day.

and 15C of liquid (SPEED counts all forms of liquid!)
                      Chris
                      Unknown

Comment

• I am up too and now realize I have forgotten to take my diuretic for 2 days now. That will do it.

Clam chowder sounds good but your right.. Usually it has at least a potato thickener. Hmmm.. thinking now that it can be made bisque-ish... oooo wheels are turning! I do not have clams at home but have some crab meat.. putting clams on the list though!
                        Karin

Comment

• I like the sound of a bisque with clams. let me know if you do something successful! I have some crab but planning on some version of primal crab cakes with it.

Had trouble starting the car this morning, so before I got stuck somewhere decided to take it to the mechanic after work. just getting home to lunch now. OMG! I took about a cup of fresh brussell sprouts off the stalk, sliced in half and sauteed -actually quick browned in a tiny amount of butter, ok a tsp of it. Top with a tablespoon of creme fraiche and sprinkled with homemade dry mix for a homemade ranch dressing. YUM! Dinner is in 2 1/2 hours so just needed something to tide me over. finish with Green tea with some coconut milk and stevia. ooo, so good.
                          Chris
                          Unknown

Comment

• gaining about 2 pounds a day, obviously water weight. Need to turn it around, as it doesn't feel good. I know that it is just my body adjusting to stopping the diuretic, I just need to figure out what foods and drinks I can include to naturally get rid of the excess fluid. I think it has to do with movement as well, unfortunately this morning it was raining which means I had to drive DS to school, so that cut out my 'extra' time this morning for yoga. This afternoon straight from work I need to go and get the stuff for the Rifle Team Open house tonight, then go to the Open house (early) to help set up and then spend the evening at the Open House. Then home and to bed. I will try to make sure I move around a bit at work today but that is about all I can do, besides the walking I will do to help the Open House set up.

Yesterday's food ended up being...

B: mocha
                            L: brussell sprouts, butter, creme fraiche, 1T PB, 5 banana chips, 3 walnuts, yogurt, blueberries, tea with coconut milk
                            D: meatloaf, spinach salad (church dinner)

tonight's dinner is a pot luck, so no telling what I will get to eat.
                            Chris
                            Unknown

Comment

• Still gaining up to 267.8 from 260.4 on Sunday. 5 days 7.4 pounds! puffy ankles and fingers. does not feel good. I know the body has to adjust to not having an artificial source of diuretic and hoping it will do it quickly!

Yesterday was a long day. The rifle open house went well. Set up started at 3:30, the open house was supposed to start at 5:30-ended up starting at 6. Shooting until 7, then the pot luck dinner and meeting. then the tear down. finished at 9. It went very well. The student rifle team members taught their parents to shoot. I did 5 shots and got a 37, not too bad, DS's rifle is very heavy so 5 shots was enough. In competition he shoots 60 shots. We had a great turn out. The team consists of 5 precision shooters and 7 sporter shooters and we had 45 people attend the open house! That number includes 4 coaches who have no children on the team and volunteer out of the kindness of their hearts!

Today I have to work a full day. I know you guys have no sympathy for me, but I am not used to it so going from a 3 hour day to an 8 hour day is going to be rough. Especially since the reason is that we are having a board meeting in town so we are trying to impress, which in itself is a tad stressful. It often amazes me how unChristianlike some Christians can be. (I work at a Historical Society for a Christian Church denomination). We had a woman (not one of our board members, just a visitor) come in on Wednesday that was beyond rude, and I was recovering from whatever it was I had that had kept me in the bathroom on Tuesday. Hoping everyone is on their best behavior today.

Anyway, yesterdays food was:

B: Mocha
                              L: cabbage, chia, avocado, vinegar, salmon, tea with coconut milk and stevia
                              D: a full plate of salad mix with store bought salad dressing with 6 small homemade meatballs (pot luck).

and one more rant...I know we are all busy, but the woman who brought the salad is a stay at home mom, with one high schooler and one middle schooler. And she brought a bowl of mixed greens and 3 bottles of Kraft dressing. She is always talking about how much money she saves at the grocery store and how she has started to make everything herself to save money. You know how easy it is to make a decent salad dressing? oik (she is not my fav person anyway). mmm, maybe my people issue this week is really me?

So the plan today is to do my mocha and full fat yogurt with blueberries for breakfast, then water and green tea with coconut milk all day at work, then tonight I got some chicken breasts (skin and bone in!) for 99 cents a pound. Got some frozen peach slices and I am going to bake them together and serve them with a caesar salad. Hoping that the green tea and water all day help with the puffy toes, ankles, and fingers.
                              Chris
                              Unknown

Comment

• So sorry to hear about the water weight problems, but it is so much better for your kidneys to be off the diuretics. It should level off soon.
                                Primal since 9/24/2010

Comment

Working...
                                X