No announcement yet.

Primal Journal-deMuralist

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• That is a good idea, we can call it the LCHF recipe group right? I'll go start it up, and see what happens.
    Chris
    "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
    Unknown

My journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread36279.html

My "Program": doing my version of a 4:3 - 3 day fast diet with real food every day, with a little twist of anti-inflammatory mixed in.

Comment

• I think I might start a January challenge thread. Groups don't get much traffic.
      Primal since 9/24/2010
      "Our greatest foes, and whom we must chiefly combat, are within." Miguel de Cervantes

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
      MFP username: MDAPebbles67

Comment

• Probably so. I never check out the other stuff these days Perhaps a separate food/what do you eat thread? I'm always so frustrated to go hunting through these monster threads when I'm looking for something like a recipe
        -- Ruth

Comment

• NUTS! Why Remembering Christmas 1944 Can Change Your Life

excellent article from an excellent blog!
          Chris
          "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
          Unknown

My "Program": doing my version of a 4:3 - 3 day fast diet with real food every day, with a little twist of anti-inflammatory mixed in.

Comment

• I am a dweeb, I started the group but it won't show up if I don't download an image. I am working on it. I actually think it is a good thing the group wouldn't get much traffic I was actually going to start it by saying please only add recipes or comment on things you altered in a recipe, so they are easier to find.
            Chris
            Unknown

Comment

• Good news. I'll look for it later today when I get back from SF.
              -- Ruth

Comment

• Ok, I got the group up, and added the Cream cheese dip recipe.
                Chris
                Unknown

Comment

• The longer I do this the easier it is to resist temptation. Yesterday at work, 2 packages came. One was a box of cookies, the other was from Swiss Colony mixed goodies. There are only 3 of us working this week then we are all off for 2 weeks! I just put them in the fridge. One of the other employees is going to take the perishable stuff to church.

Yesterday's stats...

Calories....1,988 a tad high, but not bad for being in a learning curve
                  Carbs 54g minus Fiber 30g is 24g of Net Carb-these are all coming from my salad and the flax and chia and avocado
                  Fat 163g
                  Protein 80

Percentages carbs 11% fat 73% protein 16%

When I get back from vacation, I think I may cut back on the things I put in the morning smoothie. I am torn because they all have important nutritional properties, and net carbs are low, but if I don't drop fat that will be the thing I let go of. It is the flax, cocoa, and chia I am talking about.

Feeling great though.
                  Chris
                  Unknown

Comment

• I'm feeling the same way. Cravings are nil. If I'm hungry, I eat, but not searching out the carbs. You all had trouble getting the protein high enough, that wasn't my problem I'm working to keep it low enough, but getting more adapted. I also feel like I'm still in a big learning curve. Trying not to obsess, but wanting good nutrition. I'm feeling so happy with things right now...
                    -- Ruth

Comment

• I was looking at the LCHF Recipe group, and was intrigued by the graphic you used, but it is too small for me to make out many details. Is there a larger shot of it somewhere that you could direct me to? Thanks!

Comment

• Good job with the self control and Christmas goodies. I got a box of caramel chocolates and put them in the freezer.
                        Karin

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

What am I doing? Depends on the day.

Comment

• Sabine, I just googled Low Carb High Fat then went to images and kept trying till one worked. that one is from this web site....Diet Low Carb High Fat (Lchf) Infographic Stock Vector 113607484 : Shutterstock

turns out they actually have a couple of different ones.

p.s. Karin, it says alcohol "once in a while" I think if the carbs fit in, and it isn't causing a stop in the loss, it would work.
                          Chris
                          Unknown

Comment

• Cool, thanks!

Comment

• Well I plan to have all seven glasses of wine on both xmas and new years eve.
                              Primal since 9/24/2010
                              "Our greatest foes, and whom we must chiefly combat, are within." Miguel de Cervantes

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
                              MFP username: MDAPebbles67

Comment

• Well, true confessions here. We spend the week of New Year's Eve with a bartender, so I have no idea what I will be drinking, but I will be drinking! Christmas eve, I will pass as we are waking up early to travel on Christmas morning. Hangovers and long trips in the car do not mix!
                                Chris
                                Unknown

Comment

Working...
                                X