No announcement yet.

Primal Journal-deMuralist

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• She multiplied the fat grams by 9 cals and the carb and protein by 4 cals. Then added it all up. I'm, setting my goal at 170. I'll put the stats in my journal like chris did here.
    Primal since 9/24/2010
    "Our greatest foes, and whom we must chiefly combat, are within." Miguel de Cervantes

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
    MFP username: MDAPebbles67

Comment

• Yep, Paula got it.

This is fun to have such similar goals and plans, this could make things a bit less confusing for us. I am considering those stats my low end, something to shoot for but NOT go below. Hoping that this kind of attitude instead of the old "Oh no, I went over my calories again" will help keep me from getting on that gerbil wheel of deprivation, binge, regret.

I am still not doing the scale though!
      Chris
      "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
      Unknown

My journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread36279.html

My "Program": doing my version of a 4:3 - 3 day fast diet with real food every day, with a little twist of anti-inflammatory mixed in.

Comment

• My sister used to make a cream cheese and olive spread for celery, I bet you that would fit right in with my current goals and be a really nice thing to have as an appetizer for company! I am getting the recipe will post it when she answers the text.
        Chris
        "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
        Unknown

My "Program": doing my version of a 4:3 - 3 day fast diet with real food every day, with a little twist of anti-inflammatory mixed in.

Comment

• ok, first my apologies to anyone who needs a precise recipe, that is not how we roll in our family.

My sis's recipe...to a block of softened cream cheese add smashed minced fresh garlic. Spread it on celery, top with sliced green olives. It is yummy.

My adaptation, which I admit is significant and to die for yummy! (measurements are approximate)

2 8oz blocks of full fat cream cheese, softened
          1/2 C of homemade mayo

Whip these together to nice and fluffy, just a few minutes.

Now if I had any fresh garlic I would have added at least a few mashed and finely minced cloves here, but I ran out, so I just used a T of garlic powder-NOT garlic salt.

1/2 C toasted Unsalted pecans
          1/2 C raw unsalted walnuts

The unsalted part is pretty important! Put them in a food processor of some sort (I have a stick blender that has a little processor bowl attachment-perfect) and chop pretty fine, then dump into the cream cheese mix.

1 small can of pitted black olive
          an equal amount of pitted kalamata olives
          an equal amount of pimento stuffed green olives

Put these in your food processor type thing and process to a fine chop. then put a generous 1/2 C to 2/3rds of a cup (this is personal taste, you could put the whole mix in, this is where your salt comes in) into the above mix and give it all a whirl.

Spread it on celery, use it as a dip, eat it off a spoon. It is fantastic!!!!
          Chris
          Unknown

Comment

• We would just mix chopped black olives with softened cream cheese. Tasty. Yours sounds even better!
            Of all the paths you take in life, make sure a few of them are dirt.

Comment

• I can tell you that it is amazing
              Chris
              Unknown

Comment

• I wish I could eat dairy (except butter - I can eat butter). I'm salivating. Do you make your own cream cheese?
                -- Ruth

Comment

• I do sometimes, but last time I made it it turned out crumbly. And we had made a lot as we were going to make cheesecakes. Kind of irritated me out of making it for a while. I am sure I will go back after the holidays.

I am surprised you can't do cream cheese. I always thought of lactose as being the issue when people have problems with dairy, and thus very low carb dairy (ie, no lactose) was not a problem. Sad.
                  Chris
                  Unknown

Comment

• Ok, so today is the official start.

I have done the stats...

Calories=1700 o 1750
                    Protein = 65g to 79g
                    Carbs = 36g
                    Fat =144g

I have figured out reasonable ways to be able to achieve those stats, and I went grocery shopping yesterday. I work today so that always makes it easier, no time to continue the research, just do it! I am excited.
                    Chris
                    Unknown

Comment

• I found a great local olive oil and vinegar company at one of our local farmers' markets. The one I have in my pantry right now is white balsamic blackberry vinegar. It is like a shot of sunshine. When I am in funds again, I plan on going a little crazy at their booth.

Comment

• that sounds yummy! I will have to be on the lookout for something like that at my local market!
                        Chris
                        Unknown

Comment

• We had company for dinner last night. I made dinner, one of the couple brought cheese crackers (the melted cheese wafers not the boxed crackers) and homemade toffee. Heath bars are my favorite candy bar. Really the only one I can think of if asked what my fav is.

So there is good news and bad news about what I ate. The good news first...i did not even taste the toffee, did not actually even touch it so that I wouldn't have to lick my fingers, I ate lots of my cream cheese and celery mix, a few of the wafers and a plate of salad. The bad news...I did have 2 very small pieces of homemade bread, I always eat the ends, but really they were very small. I had them with grass fed butter and they were fantastic. The other bad news is that I ate a LOT of the cream cheese. Maybe that is good news it probably helped my percentages if not my absolute numbers regarding the macros.

On another front, sleep last night was lousy. My ears are bothering me and I have a tickle in my throat, will take a benadryl for bed tonight and see if I can kick whatever is it out of the system.
                          Chris
                          Unknown

Comment

• I don't think one super high fat day is bad in the beginning. My urge to eat fat is increasing as I replace carbs. The cravings for more will not go away that quickly. I am not worrying about the calories too much right now.
                            Primal since 9/24/2010
                            "Our greatest foes, and whom we must chiefly combat, are within." Miguel de Cervantes

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
                            MFP username: MDAPebbles67

Comment

• I am not going to try to get really strict till we get back and I get back to a regular schedule at work (the week of January 8th). I will get my treadmill that week, and have a longer work day. I think it will be easier if I am out out the house/away from the pantry longer.

I think my focus is getting the fat without the carbs and excess protein, calories will have to work themselves out. I really go on a bender every time I really try to limit calories, so I am hoping as I move further and further into this that calories do really work themselves out.
                              Chris
                              Unknown

Comment

• We need a group like we had for SPEED where we can share recipes, etc. I know I'm going to be looking for Chris's cream cheese spread soon
                                -- Ruth

Comment

Working...
                                X