Primal Journal-deMuralist

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Pebbles67 View Post
    Chris, Do you think being Post menopausal is part of the problem? God I hope not.
    ditto because, dang..I have just arrived on this damn island..
    Karin

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

What am I doing? Depends on the day.

Comment

• well what I think and hope is that 40years of yoyo dieting have screwed things up but not beyond repair, and that along with poor quality sleep is keeping me from losing fat.

I am actually not post menopausal yet, not even sure I qualify as menopausal. I do have night sweats on occasion but, still have a pretty regular period, so can't use that as an excuse. The only medication I am taking is the same thing I have taken for about 18 years, so its not that either.

It is my intention to work as hard as I can to get to these goals on a daily basis...

1. eat 10 different veggies (mostly low starch ones)
      2. get enough protein (125g to 200g)
      3. at least 100oz of fluids
      4. in bed for 8 hours (even if I can't control the quality, I can at least be in bed long enough to try to get the quantity)
      5. no sugar and no grains, I plan to begin to make myself a "dessert" that I can enjoy without guilt, a coconut/chia custard or some such.
      6. some movement, so that is 10,000 steps a day and the eccentric exercises as prescribed by SSoS (1 day is "cardio" ie. sprint type something and 1 day is "weight training")

The time change and temperature drop are very helpful for the quality of the sleep. So I think that once we get the car back, and I can add the movement back in, I may actually get all 6 in one day. When I can then string along more than a few days of these, I feel confident I will start to get smaller.

I am still off of the scale and that is helping me keep the stress about this to a minimum.
      Chris
      "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
      Unknown

My journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread36279.html

My "Program": doing my version of a 4:3 - 3 day fast diet with real food every day, with a little twist of anti-inflammatory mixed in.

Comment

• sidebar thought- OMG I am the only menopausal woman out of Ruth, Paula and Chris. *le sigh*
        Karin

Comment

• Not that I would wish it on anyone, but I am glad I will have a guide when my time comes. thanks!
          Chris
          "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
          Unknown

My "Program": doing my version of a 4:3 - 3 day fast diet with real food every day, with a little twist of anti-inflammatory mixed in.

Comment

• hahahaha.... I need a hat for that!
            Karin

Comment

• We'll stitch "Meno Guide" on the front.

I did pretty well yesterday.

1. I got 11 veggies
              2. got all my protein in
              3. got in just 100oz of fluid
              4. was in bed for 8 hours
              5. well ok, I had a 1/4C dark chocolate chips, but I did make a pumpkin "pie" for dessert since I didn't get to have a latte snack
              6. just housekeeping, laundry, vacuum, clean kitchen and baths. The latest on the car, maybe Thursday

I am going to continue to focus on the process and let the results fall where they may. In the end if I have to stay at this size but I am healthy and can do the things I want to do then I will just go with it.
              Chris
              Unknown

Comment

• LOL

I would not knock the choc chips. You measured them and ate them thoughtfully I am sure.
                Karin

Comment

• I should not have bought them! They are Belgian chocolate chips and they are the "Premium Select" Kroger brand. I use them to make quick desserts for the church youth group. They actually taste fantastic, I got them first cause they were on sale and it was just for the youth (like they would care) but then realized that they were the very best chips I had ever used! The last dessert only used half the bag, so I remembered that just as I was thinking "what kind of chocolate do we have in the house". But you are right, I did measure, and I did enjoy them a lot!
                  Chris
                  Unknown

Comment

• So yesterday around 2pm, I started to feel sick. Nauseous and light headed. I had enough to eat, and it was pretty much the same stuff as usual. It would not go away, just felt on the edge of throwing up the whole afternoon. Didn't have a snack, skipped dinner, couldn't lay down. It was awful. Finally did the only thing I know to get rid of a crappy stomach, I had some plain toast and a bowl of oatmeal. It worked.

So to the goals...

1. no
                    2. no
                    3. well actually yes
                    4. yes
                    5. no
                    6. no

But I feel fine this morning, not sure what it was, hope it is gone for good!
                    Chris
                    Unknown

Comment

• Yeah, that was stupid of me. I should have remembered your period convos in this journal. Sorry.
                      Primal since 9/24/2010
                      "Our greatest foes, and whom we must chiefly combat, are within." Miguel de Cervantes

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
                      MFP username: MDAPebbles67

Comment

• Gosh no, I would not expect you to remember that! Especially since I did think I was going through it a while back, in fact about the 3rd week into my cycle, every month, I wonder ooo, could this be it. But then it starts. Not sure which is worse, having it start or going into menopause.
                        Chris
                        Unknown

Comment

• I don't know if anyone else reads this guy, but he has some great information. I subscribe to his daily news letter. In it he sends out a scientific study regarding health, usually heart health, cholesterol, saturated fat, that sort of thing. But today's was about Aspertame. Thought you might be interested....HEALTHY DIETS AND SCIENCE: Aspartame increases hunger
                          Chris
                          Unknown

Comment

• I LOVE my Vitamix. One of the best things I've ever purchased.

Comment

• Thanks, I had a smoothie this morning that was less that smooth, your comment is perfect timing!
                              Chris
                              Unknown

Comment

• Well, the photos are not really enough for me right now. I have started back to tracking today. It just feels better to me, for now. I can adjust what I am going to eat, make sure I get all my veggies and proteins in, and see what the percentages are with the app for myfitnesspal on my phone. I like the idea of the photos, but I would like a better place to put them, may do some research on free apps for the phone.
                                Chris
                                Unknown

Comment

Working...
                                X