Primal Journal-deMuralist

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by RMS123 View Post
    This won't work while I'm gone, but I also thought of making a daily collage of my meals, then just posting one photo. Not sure I can figure that on DH's iPad (which he lets me use most of the time) while I'm traveling.

Love the quote.

Karin, you are beautiful, smart, creative (envy here!!!!!), a good mother, and good friend. Posting pictures - whether here or Pinterest or just on your phone - is solely for you. Do what makes you comfortable.
    I know which quote you mean Chris.. you are right.

Thank you Ruth!!
    Karin

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

What am I doing? Depends on the day.

Comment

• question: When you show pics of your food, are you using dinner plates or dessert plates?
      Karin

Comment

• I eat of small salad or dessert plates, myself.
        -- Ruth

Comment

• see, thats what I think I need to do. My big ol plates often look lonely.
          Karin

Comment

• Nope, most of the time mine are my big ole Fiesta Ware plates. Sometimes (rarely) I use the pasta bowls. But mostly I put the veggies on the plate first and either fill or nearly fill with those then I add the protein. My veggies take up a lot of room!

Yesterday, I got a water bottle that holds 50 ounces. (it is just one you buy water in and I refill) The ones I had been using were 1L. This helped a lot to get me to drink more fluid! I brewed a cup of tea with 4 tea bags and let that cool then added it to the water bottle and filled it up, then a bit of stevia. I did it twice yesterday, and finished both. Add that to my 16oz of coffee, and the (at least) 16oz of liquid I add to my 2 smoothies and I am getting a nice amount of fluids. Not quite a gallon, but the veggies carry their own moisture too. So pretty good. And, it definitely helps with hunger.

I tell ya, if I could get it all together at once (10 veggies, enough protein, plenty of fluids, 8 hours sleep, some movement, no sugar or grains) I am sure I would start dropping the fat like crazy! But I always seem to be missing at least one thing at any given moment. It is plenty simple enough, just not easy to accomplish.

p.s. we still don't have the car! Maybe Wednesday, then I can get back to my normal morning routine.
            Chris
            "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
            Unknown

My journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread36279.html

My "Program": doing my version of a 4:3 - 3 day fast diet with real food every day, with a little twist of anti-inflammatory mixed in.

Comment

• I love Fiesta ware. My Aunt and Uncle had a collection of the old stuff that had to be insured for $50,000. It sure was beautiful in their dining room.

+1 to refilling 50 oz water bottles
              Primal since 9/24/2010
              "Our greatest foes, and whom we must chiefly combat, are within." Miguel de Cervantes

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
              MFP username: MDAPebbles67

Comment

• Mine is not the original stuff, so it is worth much less, but still pretty pricey if I break one! It was the only thing I registered for as wedding gifts, ended up with a whole set for 12 in a variety of colors. It fit, style wise, better in our more Spanish style Florida home than in our traditional/almost rustic Tudor Nashville home, but I still love it!

I also have my MIL's old candlewick glassware (that is the 50's stuff that has the little glass balls around the edges like this...candlewickglasslafayette ) Which I use for serving and desserts for company. I LOVE it! That I should probably ensure!
                Chris
                "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
                Unknown

My "Program": doing my version of a 4:3 - 3 day fast diet with real food every day, with a little twist of anti-inflammatory mixed in.

Comment

• I have a few older pieces for decoration. We collected new sets in different colors for everyday use.
                  Primal since 9/24/2010
                  "Our greatest foes, and whom we must chiefly combat, are within." Miguel de Cervantes

Comment

• The old ones have lead in the paint, so I never bothered to start collecting. Plus I have enough stuff that got handed down from MIL that I am not "allowed" to use for fear of ruining it. All tucked away in drawers and cabinets. Sad really
                    Chris
                    Unknown

Comment

• Yes, My older pieces are hanging on the wall behind the wood stove.
                      Primal since 9/24/2010

Comment

• sweet! Oddly our current house has less wall space than our last house, even though it is bigger. I have 2 walls I need to get something on...our master, on which I have tried several things and DH was not in love with them, and the foyer, which I am planning to hang a collection of framed mirrors, but have not collected enough of yet since I switched to working on Fridays instead of Mondays and I don't get to the estate sales anymore. Ah, first world problem as my children would say!
                        Chris
                        Unknown

Comment

• Chris- I agree with the not having all the components.. there seems to be one always missing. It frustrating.
                          Karin

Comment

• What is really frustrating is that it appears that that is enough to keep me from dropping any of this fat! You would think it would just slow the process, but no, as best as I can tell there is no movement toward a smaller me.
                            Chris
                            Unknown

Comment

• Originally posted by demuralist View Post
                              What is really frustrating is that it appears that that is enough to keep me from dropping any of this fat! You would think it would just slow the process, but no, as best as I can tell there is no movement toward a smaller me.
                              I was thinking this very thing when I woke up this morning.
                              Karin

Comment

• Chris, Do you think being Post menopausal is part of the problem? God I hope not.
                                Primal since 9/24/2010

Comment

Working...
                                X