No announcement yet.

Primal Journal-deMuralist

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yesterday was a carb fest. I wouldn't exactly call it a binge, the decisions were conscious and up front and the portions were not excessive. My intestines did not feel right yesterday (IBD is acting up) and all that sounded good was carbs. No harm no foul and no guilt, I move on to today.
    Chris
    "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
    Unknown

My journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread36279.html

My "Program": doing my version of a 4:3 - 3 day fast diet with real food every day, with a little twist of anti-inflammatory mixed in.

Comment

• Originally posted by demuralist View Post
      Yesterday was a carb fest. I wouldn't exactly call it a binge, the decisions were conscious and up front and the portions were not excessive. My intestines did not feel right yesterday (IBD is acting up) and all that sounded good was carbs. No harm no foul and no guilt, I move on to today.
      This is healthy. I have been mulling over the whole cheating thing. As long as its a conscious choice its nothing to worry about, no harm no foul no guilt. Binges tend to be emotional and irrational and on occasion seem uncontrollable. This is where forgiving yourself and moving on is necessary. Glad you identified it and are moving on. I occasionally have carb fests too.
      Karin

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

What am I doing? Depends on the day.

Comment

• thanks, all part of creating a "normal" relationship with food.

This morning's smoothie was better than yesterday's, I used green beans instead of broccoli. I am so gonna get a Vita-mix, had a taste of a smoothie at a friend's and it was crazy smooth, and she was putting in a whole apple, minus only the stem, when I got there! Every time I am out (or on the computer) and I decide not to buy something I really want (last week it was a pair of shoes) I take the cash and put it in my Vita-mix savings pile. Hopefully I will have enough money saved by Christmas to buy one. This is helping me to justify the cost.
        Chris
        "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
        Unknown

My "Program": doing my version of a 4:3 - 3 day fast diet with real food every day, with a little twist of anti-inflammatory mixed in.

Comment

• I want a vitamix too. Unfortunately, my blender is fairly new and works great.
          Karin

Comment

• Mine is working well, but doesn't really make smoothies smooth. and it is an Oster, and the plastic screw on base thing on the bottom tends to crack thus allowing leakage. So I bought a pack of 3 plus the rubber o-ring that fits inside. The cost was ridiculous. Anyway, I am on my last one, so I expect any day now to have smoothie oozing onto my counter. My food processor is going as well. It is very old and the plastic bowl has gotten brittle and pieces of it are breaking off. I have a crummy stick blender I would like to replace also. So I think I will get the Vita-mix, and a serious stick blender and those 2 will do everything that I currently use the processor and blenders for. They will be easier to clean, and take up less space than what they are replacing. (My food processor, got from my MIL, has all sorts of never used blades and bowls) Then I will be able to make a home for the dehydrator under the counter and my counters will have less clutter thus making DH very happy. Oh man can the girl come up with justifications or what?!?
            Chris
            Unknown

Comment

• With as much time as we spend in the kitchen making food for the family, we deserve to have some good stuff. Maybe not the best or most expensive, but appliances that do the job we bought them for. WHat I really need to do is get rid of the junk that is never used anymore - like my bread machine!

Comment

• I don't have many appliances I don't use but I do have baking pans I could at least move to the basement (purgatory for things on their way to be donated), where they can live for a while, usually a year or less, until I get tired of moving them around or looking at them.
                Chris
                Unknown

Comment

• Did you ever look at the Blendtec (I think that's what it's called)? I can't decide if it or the VitaMix is better (or maybe they're the same). DH thinks I should just get a Ninja. I would rather save up and get the appliance I want and plan to have for a long time.
                  -- Ruth

Comment

• I have a friend who has a Vitamix at home and put a Blendtec in at the school cafe and she prefers the Vitamix (the stick down the center is a big help). I have had to buy a new blender about every other year, until a couple of years ago I bought the parts for my Oster that kept breaking. I am done settling for something less than the Vitamix. They have a 7 year warranty, and with what I have spent on blenders in the past seven years I could easily have bought the Vitamix and had smoother smoothies, and less hassle. I have almost saved the money for it, I will have it by Christmas! (p.s. I read reviews on the Ninja and they were not great)
                    Chris
                    Unknown

Comment

• Thanks for the info. I will work on DH My food processor is still limping along, but I bet next year I can have enough money saved. I'm drooling over the thought of your appliance
                      -- Ruth

Comment

• me too! Its on a someday list. Ahead of that is a house Yes, thinking and considering purchasing a house in this little town I am coming to love more and more.
                        Karin

Comment

• wow, I have been wishing we were renters! I love our house and our neighborhood, but DH is such a worrier that he is constantly sending me emails to have this or that checked for something or other. He was way lower stress when we rented!

I am dying for a pair of brown boots, I know exactly what I want, but will likely wait until next year so I can justify the Vitamix! The ones I want will have to be second hand anyway, so it will probably take me a year or two to find them, it is gonna all be about luck on that one!
                          Chris
                          Unknown

Comment

• while renting is nice (not responsible for the property) there is something to be said for ownership although it makes me a little nervous. If I can have it paid off by the time I retire, that is a huge benefit. This would be a nice town to retire in.
                            Karin

Comment

• I found you on pintrest but struggling with FB
                              Karin

Comment

• Yea, the market should be on the high end of the swing by the time you retire, and having your home paid for would be helpful for sure. We struggle with that because we know that we want to retire to Amelia Island, and it would be way cheaper to buy now, rent it out then renovate it when we are ready to move in, except for the property taxes for non-residents there are outrageous!

I will have the kid work on my facebook this weekend. It is weird cause I don't know what kind of "privacy" things I put in place but I still get other friend requests and way too many "invitations", so I am only managing to keep out the people I want to hear from and not weeding out the ones I don't want to hear from!

I can't get on pintrest from work, but I will follow you back when I get home. I keep a board on there for photos of "things I have done", I am thinking I am going to add a board for "food I eat" or "tracking my food" (I need to think of something clever) and put the photos of my meals there.
                                Chris
                                Unknown

Comment

Working...
                                X