No announcement yet.

Primal Journal-deMuralist

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I actually took 30% from my BMR to give me the amount of calories per day and from there I calculated protein, fat and carbs but your right, it does not sound correct.
    Karin

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

What am I doing? Depends on the day.

Comment

• I am pretty sure I just subtracted 500 (that would be 1 pound a week-if I do at least that it would be great!
      Chris
      "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
      Unknown

My journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread36279.html

My "Program": doing my version of a 4:3 - 3 day fast diet with real food every day, with a little twist of anti-inflammatory mixed in.

Comment

• Ok so I will be on the road tomorrow and won't likely get online till Tuesday, food will be what ever is in the car since we don't stop. I will not weigh or keep track of food while gone, I will just follow primal rules and get on with life.

today's food:

B: 16oz coffee, 2T heavy cream, 2T cocoa powder, 2 scoops whey protein powder, 1/2C full fat fage yogurt, 1/2C wild blueberries, stevia
        L: 6oz salmon, 1 small avocado, 1T chia seeds, 4T fresh salsa, tea, 1/3C coconut milk, stevia
        D: steak grilled (8oz I think), tomato grilled, onions and mushrooms caramelized
        Chris
        "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
        Unknown

My "Program": doing my version of a 4:3 - 3 day fast diet with real food every day, with a little twist of anti-inflammatory mixed in.

Comment

• Good Luck with your trip. I'm praying for your Dad.

This SPEED thing sounds interesting. I might read the book too, but I am going to work the plan I had in place before my Mom's passing. I'll be watching your progress with interest.
          Primal since 9/24/2010
          "Our greatest foes, and whom we must chiefly combat, are within." Miguel de Cervantes

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
          MFP username: MDAPebbles67

Comment

• thanks, and p.s. thanks for putting your mom's pic up, it helps to see her in my mind's eye!
            Chris
            Unknown

Comment

• How is your dad?? How was the trip?? How are you doing??
              Karin

Comment

• I just happened to see this post by accident

Comment

• Karin, thanks for asking.

Our trip was easy and uneventful, for a 10 hour drive.

My dad is having very few side effects from his treatment, the skin on his face is very red and scaly (expected), his sinus is dry (again expected), mouth and throat are sore (again expected), but he is able to swallow, not a lot of chewing though. So smoothies, ice cream 'sundaes', applesauce, pudding, etc. is what his diet consists of now. His last treatment is next Tuesday, so unless things so really bad really fast he is doing better than most who are going through the same thing so he is not complaining. He is trying very hard to stay positive and for the most part succeeds. But he is a type A personality and that is not going away-so riding in the car to and from are stressful because of traffic, but not as bad as if he were driving it (I am driving him). they won't know anything about long term prognosis until Wednesday, and even then it will just be an educated guess.

I had thought that my TTOM was over before I left, but it is back today! This is the 3rd week, I swear my face looks green to me. I have an appointment the Monday I get back. I am hoping it eases back up for the drive home or we are going to be making a lot of stops. Lots of rain today so no beach time, hope that clears as it would be horrible to drive down here and not get to spend any time on the beach!
                  Chris
                  Unknown

Comment

• I always went green when I bled like you are doing. It was better once I started taking iron supplements. I wouldn't be surprised that you are anemic.
                    Of all the paths you take in life, make sure a few of them are dirt.

Comment

• I hope this TOM is over for you soon. I just can not imagine! It will be interesting to find out what they say on Monday.

Glad the trip went well and I hope the weather clears so you can have beach time. It would suck not to be able to partake. Glad to hear your dad is in good humor. I hope these treatments do the trick and he can get well soon.

Oh.. and Wendy's rocks when you have to eat out.. that is when you can find a Wendys..LOL They are not prevalent in the backwoods where I live.
                      Karin

Comment

• Because of the diuretic I take most supplements just show up in my urine within a few hours, the iron is an obvious one, because the pill is green and the urine turns into a fluorescent green. It is likely I will have to have a shot of iron when I get back, that takes it directly to the blood and bypasses the intestinal system so you tend not to urinate it out. I understand there are side effects, and it doesn't always work, so we will have to decide if it is worth it.

Mom says hers was pretty much the same as mine it would skip a couple of months and then have it for a while, then one day she realized she hadn't had it in a while and that was it. Of course I am sure the Coumadon doesn't help at all.

I got to sleep through the night last night, no overflow issues (sorry tmi) and mom took dad for his morning treatment so they could go to a luncheon afterward so I slept in as well. The sun is just starting to peak through the clouds here and there, but the clouds that are left are dark. This is a strange occurrence for Florida you rarely get a full day of ugly and 2 in a row is really strange, so hoping by the afternoon it is nice.

So yesterday's food?:

B: my morning mocha
                        L: packaged protein bar, packaged beef jerky, zevia ginger root beer (these are good if you have not tried them yet) 2 hard boiled eggs
                        D: Wendy's (probably the new 'Dave's') without the bun, diet coke

Not really worrying about my food too much, but packaged food, diet coke and not enough water means my feet were puffy last night. And for some reason I have this strange all over itching going on. I have been tested for allergies and have none, so that isn't it. But taking a benadryl at night to sleep, and that has helped for most of the day so I don't have to take another dose until bed time.
                        Chris
                        Unknown

Comment

• Chris,

You mentioned homemade beef jerky. It just seems so expensive either way you do it but I have seen recipes that use ground beef. Have you tried this?
                          Karin

Comment

• Originally posted by demuralist View Post
                            Because of the diuretic I take most supplements just show up in my urine within a few hours, the iron is an obvious one, because the pill is green and the urine turns into a fluorescent green. It is likely I will have to have a shot of iron when I get back, that takes it directly to the blood and bypasses the intestinal system so you tend not to urinate it out. I understand there are side effects, and it doesn't always work, so we will have to decide if it is worth it.

Mom says hers was pretty much the same as mine it would skip a couple of months and then have it for a while, then one day she realized she hadn't had it in a while and that was it. Of course I am sure the Coumadon doesn't help at all.

I got to sleep through the night last night, no overflow issues (sorry tmi) and mom took dad for his morning treatment so they could go to a luncheon afterward so I slept in as well. The sun is just starting to peak through the clouds here and there, but the clouds that are left are dark. This is a strange occurrence for Florida you rarely get a full day of ugly and 2 in a row is really strange, so hoping by the afternoon it is nice.

So yesterday's food?:

B: my morning mocha
                            L: packaged protein bar, packaged beef jerky, zevia ginger root beer (these are good if you have not tried them yet) 2 hard boiled eggs
                            D: Wendy's (probably the new 'Dave's') without the bun, diet coke

Not really worrying about my food too much, but packaged food, diet coke and not enough water means my feet were puffy last night. And for some reason I have this strange all over itching going on. I have been tested for allergies and have none, so that isn't it. But taking a benadryl at night to sleep, and that has helped for most of the day so I don't have to take another dose until bed time.
                            I take a diuretic as well and wonder how much of my vitamins I am losing as well. Keeping fingers crossed about the beach for you

So you are having trouble falling asleep? This is because of the itching? Could it be dry skin? How much just-water are you drinking? I know here things are cooling off quite a bit so my skin is feeling it and I KNOW I am not drinking enough. *as I go to refill my cup*
                            Karin

Comment

• Nope, the sleep issues are due to the TTOM overflow situation, worrying about the bed basically (so sorry if this is tmi) and the itching, which is gone now, so I am doing well with sleep again.

I have not tried the ground beef version of jerky. I am doing an Alton Brown type recipe-I don't use a dehydrator I use a 20x20 fan, with air filters and pizza grates, so no heat. I buy the meat when it is on sale and freeze it. I don't know if ground beef would work with my drying method, I think I would have to have a dehydrator. Also, using ground beef increases the chances of food born illness, because it is not thoroughly cooked. It does not shrink as much as it would in the dehydrator, one flank steak made a lot of jerky!

Sun is shining and it is just a bit cool-gorgeous!!!!!!!

food yesterday...

B: mocha
                              L: salmon, avocado, chia seeds
                              D: burger king whopper minus the bun, and some beef jerky (packaged)

Drank a lot of water yesterday, will do the same today.
                              Chris
                              Unknown

Comment

• Overflow issues keep me from sleeping well when I have my period too. I have to remember to sleep on my side for the whole week...while I'm sleeping. When I started taking 5-HTP, I slept too deeply and stained both sets of sheets
                                Depression Lies

Comment

Working...
                                X