No announcement yet.

Primal Journal-deMuralist

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• yep, I have been fighting this for 1 year as of August 1st! She is an idiot.
    Chris
    "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
    Unknown

My journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread36279.html

My "Program": doing my version of a 4:3 - 3 day fast diet with real food every day, with a little twist of anti-inflammatory mixed in.

Comment

• Tell her to refile it. Also, call your insurance company and let them know its being refiled as it was done wrong. Keep calling that crazy lady until she does it.
      Karin

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

What am I doing? Depends on the day.

Comment

• I have called her, the insurance company, and the doctor's billing company every single month (13 times to each one no kidding, I have the notes to prove it) I am making an appointment with a patient representative and filing a formal complaint. I am NOT paying her one cent.
        Chris
        "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
        Unknown

My "Program": doing my version of a 4:3 - 3 day fast diet with real food every day, with a little twist of anti-inflammatory mixed in.

Comment

• Good for you!! Keep us posted.
          Karin

Comment

• So yesterday, again, I craved protein. I had some homemade beef jerky with my afternoon smoothie at about 4pm, but then didn't feel hungry when it was time to make dinner. So I cooked something for the boys. Well as they started to dish it out, I started to get hungry. But I had made them a pasta dish since I wasn't going to eat. No problem, I made a dish of Greek yogurt with blueberries and chia with a few drops of stevia. It was yummy. Funny though because for so long I tried to get my protein up to 175, and now I am trying to keep it below 200g!

STATS:
            Calories 1,856
            Carbs 125
            Fat 59
            Protein 208
            Fiber 37

I think they look pretty good. The carbs are a bit higher than I like but I have trouble keeping them below the 100g mark with all the veggies, although if I dropped the 2 (yesterday 3) fruits I would be well below. And that may be what I have to do to actually lose the weight, then slowly add them back on occasion after I reach my goal. So I think as I run out of the fruit I won't replace it, and will use an added veggie in my smoothies and see how that goes.
            Chris
            Unknown

Comment

• Would the carbs be as high if you used only berries in your smoothies?
              Primal since 9/24/2010
              "Our greatest foes, and whom we must chiefly combat, are within." Miguel de Cervantes

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
              MFP username: MDAPebbles67

Comment

• Yes. My morning fruit is a navel orange which has about the same number of carbs as the blueberries (each have 18), strawberries are a bit lower with 13. I seem to remember that raspberries are closer to the strawberries. I could just do half a cup of the blueberries in the morning and do the strawberries for the afternoon and that would bring it down below the 100 mark. The smoothies are definitely better with a bit of the fruit.
                Chris
                Unknown

Comment

• Originally posted by demuralist View Post
                  yes. My morning fruit is a navel orange which has about the same number of carbs as the blueberries (each have 18), strawberries are a bit lower with 13. I seem to remember that raspberries are closer to the strawberries. I could just do half a cup of the blueberries in the morning and do the strawberries for the afternoon and that would bring it down below the 100 mark. the smoothies are definitely better with a bit of the fruit.
                  truth!!
                  Karin

Comment

• OMG! I am cautiously optimistic. Last night I slept 6 hours and 50 minutes (granted I was in bed for 9:20). I am hopeful that the new supplement is the answer. I got it from Trader Joes and it is a combination of Calcium, Magnesium, and D3.

Last night I had a bowl of ice cream. The good news is it was actually 1/2C serving and I scooped it myself. When I finished it, I was over full, and just a bit later my tummy rebelled a bit, so I am unlikely to do it again soon. But it tasted very good. Given the thought and decision and control I consider this a treat and not a binge.
                    Chris
                    Unknown

Comment

• The sleep - how EXCITING and awesome Hope you are doing well. Sounds like you are making progress on the eating front.
                      -- Ruth

Comment

• Ruth, I appreciate that you still keep up with me, I know how hard it is to catch up after you are away.
                        Chris
                        Unknown

Comment

• I subscribe to you, Karin, and Paula's journals (i.e., I stalk y'all)...but, I'm not often able to post when I'm traveling. I usually think of things I'd like to say, but don't often get to it
                          -- Ruth

Comment

• Well, I am glad you are here but sad I don't the advantage of your input.

Yesterday my son and I did what the SSoS plan considers its once a week cardio. Basically the sprint of Primal. It is 30 seconds full on, rest for up to 2 minutes, repeat. You are supposed to do four 30 second bursts and by the last one you should be having serious problems finishing it. So we used this mini stair stepper we have and cranked up the resistance. I gotta tell ya, I could barely get back upstairs once we finished. Supposed to do it once a week. You are also supposed to be doing eccentric lifting once a week, (it is also about 10 minutes total) but, well, one thing at a time!

I have done about 5 weeks of this eating style, which I really like. So now I am adding this, then in a month or so I will add the lifting part. Making small changes that I can keep up with.
                            Chris
                            Unknown

Comment

• Originally posted by RMS123 View Post
                              I subscribe to you, Karin, and Paula's journals (i.e., I stalk y'all)...but, I'm not often able to post when I'm traveling. I usually think of things I'd like to say, but don't often get to it
                              Stalk away chickie!! We miss your input
                              Karin

Comment

• Originally posted by demuralist View Post
                                Well, I am glad you are here but sad I don't the advantage of your input.

Yesterday my son and I did what the SSoS plan considers its once a week cardio. Basically the sprint of Primal. It is 30 seconds full on, rest for up to 2 minutes, repeat. You are supposed to do four 30 second bursts and by the last one you should be having serious problems finishing it. So we used this mini stair stepper we have and cranked up the resistance. I gotta tell ya, I could barely get back upstairs once we finished. Supposed to do it once a week. You are also supposed to be doing eccentric lifting once a week, (it is also about 10 minutes total) but, well, one thing at a time!

I have done about 5 weeks of this eating style, which I really like. So now I am adding this, then in a month or so I will add the lifting part. Making small changes that I can keep up with.
                                I am going to start the SSoS weight lifting.. I will get to cardio later.. maybe.. LOL.. I need to just walk for now.
                                Karin

Comment

Working...
                                X