No announcement yet.

Primal Journal-deMuralist

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thanks, I know that your travel has you quite busy, and appreciate your response whenever it comes.

Who knew that I would end up basically craving greens?
    Chris
    "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
    Unknown

My journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread36279.html

My "Program": doing my version of a 4:3 - 3 day fast diet with real food every day, with a little twist of anti-inflammatory mixed in.

Comment

• So yesterday was VERY SANE! yeah me! I got in the 8 tea bags of green tea, as well as 150oz of fluids. I had 12 different non-starchy vegetables and 2 fruits, decent amount of protein each time I consumed something (4 times), only good fats.

I am up late this morning so we will see how that affects my schedule.

I need to mow the lawn today, and start the basement organization again so DS can use the shooting lane and so we can get the giant tv from the upstairs rec room down into the kids area in the basement. DS's uncle gave him his old small flat screen hd tv for the xbox upstairs. So the massive tv we had gotten from Goodwill is being toted downstairs. It is an old picture tube type and it is too heavy even for 2 of them to carry it, so the 3 of us have to try to squeeze into the stairwell with this monster and take it down 2 tall flights of stairs.

Everyone except me needs a new cell phone, each one is having problems with the buttons on them. As it turns out Verizon stopped doing new every 2 last year, so essentially we have to buy new phones. Well, maybe. I am doing research and it looks like we can "upgrade" with either Wirefly, amazonwireless, Walmart, etc with "free" phones and just pay the $30 per phone upgrade fee (what a rip off this whole thing is). We do not use data, so have very limited choices on the phones themselves. So I am at Verizon yesterday trying to figure this out, and the salesman tells me that we can get iPhones for well under $100 which would "save" us $50 to $75 dollars a phone. Well yes nimrod, except that we would have to pay an additional $100 a month on our bill. How stupid do I look?

As it turns out there are still companies that offer the same phones (actually more choices) as free upgrades (well the $30 per phone is a Verizon thing so can't get around that) on our same plan (we obviously have to re-up for another 2 years, but that happens no matter what). So now I am trying to figure out which company is the one to go with. I lean toward mortar and brick, but hate Walmart, so that is what I will be spending my "spare" time on this weekend.
      Chris
      "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
      Unknown

My "Program": doing my version of a 4:3 - 3 day fast diet with real food every day, with a little twist of anti-inflammatory mixed in.

Comment

• the verizon store got me free phones (upgraded) but I had to sign another 2 year contract. The other option is to buy a verizon phone from amazon and then there is no contract, you just have them switch the to the new phone you owe. So DD is using an old phone but no contract.
        Karin

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

What am I doing? Depends on the day.

Comment

• How long ago? Our Verizon store said it stopped the free ones in April.
          Chris
          Unknown

Comment

• I do not remember.. it was probably before that. Its not a fancy phone.. but an upgrade. We do not use data plans. Like I said, you can purchase a verizon phone from someone else (way cheaper) and then have no contract.
            Karin

Comment

• Ours are not fancy either, but we do text so we use the ones with the qwerty keypads, but no data for sure (that is what computers are for!) We are definitely going with someone else, but are finding we still have to up for 2 years. Not a problem, we have to use Verizon because of DH flying, he needs coverage in as many places as possible, so until other companies can match that we are Verizon.
              Chris
              Unknown

Comment

• 8:00 coffee with HWC
                9:00 breakfast smoothie=5 green tea bags brewed in 8oz of water, 1/2C egg whites, 1/2C cottage cheese, 1 navel orange, 1C spinach, 2T golden flaxseed, scoop of Ultra Whey, mix of sweeteners
                10:00 mowed the lawn drank the 3 bag 1.5L of green tea
                12:00 lunch = 1C shredded cabbage, 1/2 small haas, 1C cucumber, 2 salmon patties, 2T MCT, 1T balsamic, dill
                6:30 dinner = BAS (mixed greens, tomatoes, red pepper, homemade strawberry vinaigrette) and crab cakes (crab, homemade mayo, golden flax, Old Bay, egg) with a tablespoon of homemade Hollandaise.

I was distracted all afternoon organizing the basement and not hungry so did not do the afternoon smoothie. This still gave me 8 veggies and 1 fruit for the day. No cravings or overeating, a food controlled day.

Another SANE day!
                Chris
                Unknown

Comment

• Yesterday....

8:00 coffee with HWC

9:00 breakfast smoothie=5 green tea bags brewed in 8oz of water, 1/2C
                  egg whites, 1/2C cottage cheese, 1 navel orange, 1C spinach, 2T golden
                  flaxseed, scoop of Ultra Whey, mix of sweeteners

11:00 3 bags of double green tea with 1.5L of water grocery store

12:00 to 2:00 shopping for cell phones (so frustrating)

2:30 lunch = 1C Healthy 8 chopped salad, 1/2 small haas, 1C cucumber, 2 salmon patties, 2T MCT, 1T balsamic, dill, 24oz iced tea

4:00 smoothie = broccoli, green beans, strawberries, whey, almond milk, sweeteners, egg white, greek yogurt, 8oz tea

7:30 steak, sweet potato (gotta check and see if this is SANE), mushrooms, 24oz iced tea

And the cheat....I had to make cupcakes last night as a thank you to my husband's class (he is a prof) for their donation to my father-in-law's charity. I didn't eat any of the cake-batter or once baked-but the icing is a different story. I had a pretty significant amount of it, probably close to 1/2C, dollop here dollop there for taste testing got a bit out of hand. But man it was one of my best batches ever!

I am not going to call this a binge, per se, I think it was more about opportunity. I didn't go looking for it, and I didn't actually eat as much as I would have I think, icing is definitely my downfall.

I then felt like crap all night, tummy and joints. I don't know if the joints are related to the sugar but I sure hope so.
                  Chris
                  Unknown

Comment

• So yesterday....

I had frozen the icing (don't ask me why...ok fine I will admit it....so I could go in and eat it). So instead of making my 4pm smoothie I went and dug it out of the freezer and started in on it, nagging myself the whole time about why I do this to myself, blah blah. But at the 4th spoonful I decided I don't have to do this to myself, and I threw the rest of it away!

Today I am working to flush the crud from the system.

5:30 my coffee with HWC
                    7:00 my smoothie=5 green tea bags brewed in 8oz of water, 1/2C egg whites, 1/2C cottage cheese, 1 navel orange, 1C spinach, 3/4c butternut squash, scoop of Ultra Whey, mix of sweeteners, vanilla, orange zest, xanthum gum
                    9 to noon 1.5L of water with 3 tea bags of Double Green Matcha and a touch of stevia, iced.
                    Chris
                    Unknown

Comment

• dammmmit got into the cupcakes. The leftovers were sitting on the counter. I had 2 (they are small-I made 42 cupcakes out of a batter meant to make 24). Not horrible, but rats. Hopefully the boys will finish them tonight. I am making some beef jerky so hoping that would keep me out of them if they don't eat them all.

I have now had the rest of my breakfast smoothie and my lunch...grass fed beef with onions and tomatoes and mushrooms, over a cup of healthy 8 chopped salad and 1/2 a haas, some vinegar and olive oil. Stuffed, sleepy and sad.
                      Chris
                      Unknown

Comment

• See.. you recovered nicely and had a healthy lunch. Onward and Upward!!
                        Karin

Comment

• thanks, instead of saying "today is a new day" I may have to switch my saying to something like "this will be my finest hour"
                          Chris
                          Unknown

Comment

• so the boys did finish the cupcakes last night, so temptation is out of the house today. I have made a plan for today in myfitnesspal account.

To reiterate the plan so as to hopefully fully ingrain it onto my brain...

For every time I eat have a lean protein such that it is at least 30g of protein. To get at least 10 non-starchy veggies and no more than 2 fruits. To use healthy fats as necessary but not in excess.

Shoot for at least 150g of protein but no more than 200g, and no more than 100g of carbs, and no more than 100g of fat.

While I believe that calories do count I don't believe that you can manually create a calorie deficit, there are too many factors that go into calories out, and calories in is not that exact a science either. Having said that I will try to minimize the amount of calories in while falling within my goals for the macros.

Todays Plan gives me ...1660 calories, 99g of carb (from 10 veggies, 2 fruits, the cottage cheese), 64g of fat, 195g of protein, and 29g of fiber, pretty nearly perfect!
                            Last edited by demuralist; 09-05-2012, 05:47 AM. Reason: spelling duh
                            Chris
                            Unknown

Comment

• Well I went off the plan but with totally SANE/primal food. I was craving protein for some reason, so dinner was skewed toward that. That still constitutes a good day in my book, I was not craving, nor did I eat, a bunch of junky carby stuff.

I was royally stressed all day because of a dispute with a doctor's office. They were supposed to file a claim through their dept chair as he is a medical doctor, (this is for my oral device for sleep apnea) but they filed it through their own office and that doctor is a dental one. My insurance doesn't cover dental even though this is a medical device but a dentist has to do the fitting. But the woman in the office just kept telling me that all she can do is to arrange a payment plan and all I kept telling her is that I am not paying it because she screwed up. It is totally the principle of the thing (well and they want $700 when they actually owe me $15). I have been trying to get this handled for over a year! I have not had any of my regular visits (ie pap, mamo, colonoscopy, etc) because I don't want to confuse the insurance issue. I could just wring her neck.
                              Chris
                              Unknown

Comment

• they can refile claims.. it happens all the time. Sleep apnea is a medical issue not a dental issue.. silly power hungry people..
                                Karin

Comment

Working...
                                X