No announcement yet.

Primal Journal-deMuralist

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I looked and felt like an idiot, my kids just rolled their eyes.

Yesterday was a very good day. Day 1 of my challenge. I ate clean, no sugar, no flour, no grain. I had, well I don't know how many servings I had of veggies because at lunch I had 1 1/2C of Trader Joes Healthy 8 Chopped Salad Mix (it has 8 different veggies-in case you had not guessed). I am only going to count it as 2 though since a serving is considered 3/4C ...so that makes 12, 2 of which are fruits.

My STATS:
    Calories....1923
    Carbs.....93
    Fat......103
    Protein....171 (I am shooting for 175 to 200-so close)
    Fiber.....26

the fun thing is yesterday I got some sewing done on DD's quilt. It has to be 98"x90", I am actually making it as a duvet cover. I have 3 strips of t-shirt logos sewn together, about a third of the amount I need. She is going to have to give up a few more shirts.
    Last edited by demuralist; 08-06-2012, 05:07 AM.
    Chris
    "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
    Unknown

My journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread36279.html

My "Program": doing my version of a 4:3 - 3 day fast diet with real food every day, with a little twist of anti-inflammatory mixed in.

Comment

• Just checked my fitbit...I slept for 5:15 out of 7:33 in bed (73% efficiency) but the exciting part is that my first stretch was 1:20, getting better!
      Chris
      "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
      Unknown

My "Program": doing my version of a 4:3 - 3 day fast diet with real food every day, with a little twist of anti-inflammatory mixed in.

Comment

• Woo hoo on the sleep!!!!

I do crazy things like run my stairs as well. My family already things I'm crazy, so they aren't too surprised anymore

I saw this awesome sweater - made me think of you - I can't even knit a scarf, but I dreamt of it anyway
        -- Ruth

Comment

• funny. I rarely knit things that need sized, because I am not good at transferring the information gained from doing a size swatch.

My DD is starting to give me advice regarding exercise and food. Unfortunately it is pretty much SAD. Which works for her because she has never done anything stupid like, well like any of the idiotic diets I have done, so her body isn't messed up! I smile and try to act like I am following it, so she doesn't get frustrated.
          Chris
          Unknown

Comment

• Me too. I often pretend to be following my husband's health advice so that he won't get mad.
            Primal since 9/24/2010
            "Our greatest foes, and whom we must chiefly combat, are within." Miguel de Cervantes

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
            MFP username: MDAPebbles67

Comment

• I get a lot of advice, too. I have a thin, male, friend. He's always trying to be supportive and motivating. However, he's never intentionally tried to lose weight in his life (in fact, he's trying to gain some muscle weight). I smile. I nod. And I go on with things that seems to be working for me Not that I'm not willing to try new things, but the usual "just count your calories", isn't really going to be enough.
              -- Ruth

Comment

• Ok.. NOW I see why I am not married..LOL I have been single so long I would ignore them and that would cause a problem. lol
                Karin

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

What am I doing? Depends on the day.

Comment

• well, there are some serious pluses to not being married sometimes. And actually single women live longer than married women, less stress!
                  Chris
                  Unknown

Comment

• ok, another fantastic article.....Charles Poliquin's Blog - Tip 403: Make a High-Protein Diet Work For You: Tips To Lose Fat and Be Healthy

I did very well yesterday. I got in 10 non-starchy veggies, 2 fruits (clementines & berries), I was a tad higher in fat than I wanted to be and a bit low in protein, that is because I had eggs for dinner-very good but not a perfect ratio for my current goals.

The other day I measured my waist and it was up 1", a little depressing but I am staying the course because I believe this is the way I can heal my metabolism and hormone balance (as much as reasonable for someone entering menopause). Anyway, this morning I took my pants straight out of the dryer and put them on and normally they would start out a tad snug and by the end of the day be fairly loose. But this morning they are fitting like the end of the day. It is going to take a lot to keep me off the scale tomorrow!

Yesterday's STATS:
                    Calories...1951
                    Carbs.....87
                    Fat....118
                    Protein.....140
                    Fiber.....26

I am trying to do about 40% or more of Protein, 40% Fat, and 20% or less carbs. Which really means that the fat in grams should be less than half the protein in grams. This seems to me a reasonable mix. I am not fanatic about it, just shooting for it.

Thankfulness: I have been remiss here! Today I am thankful for a break in the weather, it is starting to cool down, and that is very nice.
                    Chris
                    Unknown

Comment

• awesome news about the pants!!! Such a good feeling! Stay off the scale, your pants tell the TRUE story!!
                      Karin

Comment

• thanks. this is one time I am glad DS is a procrastinator, all of the recycled stuff he needs to take out is piled up in front of my scale, no way I am going to bother to move it!
                        Chris
                        Unknown

Comment

• I am staying on plan very well, getting in the 10 veggies, and 2 fruits, getting my protein. But it doesn't feel like a "diet" I know I know I am not on a diet. But lets be honest, if you are trying to lose fat you are in some way restricting something that you are eating and well call it what you want but it is a diet. This isn't even a lifestyle change really. I feel like it is a life saving prescription. It also feels like a lot of food, and I am never really hungry, with zippo thoughts of sweets.

If I could just get my sleep working life could be a dream!

STATS:
                          calories.....1906
                          carbs......90
                          fat......88
                          protein.....191
                          fiber.....23

My protein is over my threshold, the grams of carb and fat are about equal and about half of protein grams, nice fiber number. I moved more than usual yesterday, and I got a nap. What more could I ask for.

Thankfulness: for my job and the people I work with. DH is subtly nagging me about making more money, and I talked to our VP yesterday, and she is going to see if she can train me to pick up some slack in the researching area, so that she can increase my hours.
                          Chris
                          Unknown

Comment

• life saving prescription- I like it.

I agree its a diet when you have any restrictions. I mean really, even when you are allergic to nuts you have to restrict all items with that.. its a nut free diet. Lifestyle change.. all it is, is rhetoric.
                            Karin

Comment

• I know that I cannot live my life to the end of my life the way I want if I don't get this taken care of. So not just for my size, or my health, or even just my mentality, but for the time spent figuring it out and tweaking and trying egad I could have built the Taj Mahal by hand, alone! A very definite life saving prescription on so many levels.
                              Chris
                              Unknown

Comment

• Well, I consider yesterday a near perfect food day. There were no issues of starving, craving, scavenging, or binging. And no thoughts of them either. And here is the kicker, I made the family individual pizzas, they had ice cream afterward, and DD got a craving for what in our family are known as poo-poo cookies (they are a version of no-bakes) and I did not taste or even feel tempted to taste any of it! And even though I only actually slept less than 4 hours, (I did take a quick nap), I felt pretty good all day. I am really liking the way this new eating plan is working out.

So here is what I ate and when (note that I ate when I was hungry, and just until I was not hungry any more- that tends to make me need food more often)

5:30am- 16oz coffee 1T heavy whipping cream
                                7am smoothie=1C of green tea, 1C unsweetened Almond Milk, 1/2C non-fat cottage cheese, Jay Robb chocolate whey, 1C frozen broccoli, 3/4 frozen raspberries, 1T unsweetened cocoa powder, 1/2 egg whites, stevia, xylitol, erythritol
                                10 am= liter of water with apple cider vinegar and xylitol
                                12:30=2 Trader Joes frozen salmon patties, 3/4C Trader Joes healthy 8 chopped salad, 1C shredded cabbage, 1C broccoli slaw (plain), 1/2 small haas avocado, all sprinkled with vinegar, salt, and dill. Cup of Double dark chocolate mate, iced
                                3:00= smoothie=1C Red Hope Vanilla Rooibus, 1C Almond Milk, 1/2C non-fat Greek Yogurt, 1C frozen chopped spinach, 1C frozen wild blueberries, 1T golden flax meal, 1/2C egg whites, stevia, xylitol
                                4:30 liter of water
                                6:30- a Big Ass Salad (BAS)= mixed greens, mushrooms, peppers, 1T olive oil, vinegar, topped with 6oz grass fed beef that was sauteed with homemade salsa (tomatoes, onions, peppers)
                                8:30 cup of Red Velvet tea

STATS:
                                Calories...1750
                                Carbs...90
                                Fat.....71
                                Protein....188
                                Fiber.....35

Thankfullness: I am so very thankful that I seem to have discovered the combination to my good health, now if I would just start losing some serious body fat!
                                Chris
                                Unknown

Comment

Working...
                                X