No announcement yet.

Primal Journal-deMuralist

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I am about the same age you are. Do not accept that the heavy bleeding is normal!! I always believed that instead of going to the OB/GYN and it took a hemmoraghe to make me go finally. Make an appointment now! Could be fibroid tumors but wouldn't it be better to know what is going on? I was going through 120 Super Plus tamponsin four days. Not only expensive but in looking back I should have gone too the doctor ten years ago!!
    Of all the paths you take in life, make sure a few of them are dirt.

Comment

• thanks so much, I did end up making an appointment, but I am on coumadin until mid October, so I am sure that is not helping matters at all!
      Chris
      "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
      Unknown

My journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread36279.html

My "Program": doing my version of a 4:3 - 3 day fast diet with real food every day, with a little twist of anti-inflammatory mixed in.

Comment

• Originally posted by demuralist View Post
        So for the 3rd time in 2 months I have done a major readjustment to my program. Tweek tweek tweek.

Yesterdays food:

B: mocha, greek yogurt, blueberries
        L: cabbage, avocado, salmon, vinegar, oil, coconut milk
        D: pot roast, caesar salad

It doesn't look that different. The big difference is I am measuring what I eat and keeping a fitday.com journal of the calories as well as the macro nutrients. The book has ways for you to figure out what you are supposed to eat by way of all of those things. I came short on protein and a tad high on calories, which did not go over my maintenance total just over my goal for weight loss.

"S" I went to bed last night at 9:30 and woke up before the alarm this morning, so that is good, it feels so much better than having to drag my butt out of bed.

"P" I have set my goals I just need to write them down.

"E" this will happen if I ever get off of TTOM (today is day 9 and I am on the 3rd box of 36 "Ultra" tampons-and it doesn't seem to be letting up at all-so I am worried about the iron, and certainly have no strength to start body weight exercises)

"E" well, lets just say I am working on this one. It is very hard to eat alone and not want to do something else, ie. read, surf the web, or watch tv.

"D" I did well, still need to tweek to get my protein level up. For my current weight it is supposed to be near 180g, I got 124g yesterday.

I did feel better yesterday no dizziness or any of that "labotomy" feeling. Not dancing around, but not dragging around either.

oh, and I lost .8 lbs (I am 'allowed' to go back to daily weigh ins, which I feel much better with because I feel like I can make necessary adjustments as the situation arises, if I wait a month and put on weight I don't have a chance of knowing what caused it. Plus in a month I could put on some serious weight!)
        Day 9??!!!!! Girl.. you need to get in to the doc and they need to rethink the cumodin. Glad your not dragging though.
        Karin

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

What am I doing? Depends on the day.

Comment

• thanks! Just read that clams are good sources of iron, it looks like we are gonna be having clam chowder for dinner tonight!

Good news is that my weight went down even with TTOM going on!

I will email the doc and see what she has to say.
          Chris
          "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
          Unknown

My "Program": doing my version of a 4:3 - 3 day fast diet with real food every day, with a little twist of anti-inflammatory mixed in.

Comment

• I can not find it but you mentioned something in regards to exercise and 5 essential movements?? is this from the speed book or from Mark?
            Karin

Comment

• It is from Mark, here is a link to the youtube demo he does for the progression...mark sisson progression - YouTube
              Chris
              Unknown

Comment

• Well, truthfully I cannot figure out why this is working. It doesn't really seem that drastically different that what I was doing before. I am increasing my protein, because even though they call it a moderate protein you are to multiply .68 by your bodyweight in pounds. That is 180g of protein for me. I have not reached it yet but am getting closer. They also want you to go to websites and figure out how many calories your body 'uses' and then figure out how fast you want to lose weight and subtract the appropriate number of calories. So my range is 1,500 to 1,800 (I had been staying around 1,300 to1,500 before) but the first day I went over by about 50 to 1,850 and yesterday I was at 1,750. Their suggestion is that you try to balance your nutrient throughout the 3 meals (well 2 to 4 meals-I do 3).

But guess what, I lost weight again! Another 2.4 pounds.

I got up to 168g of protein yesterday and that is reasonably close especially since I had zero hunger pangs. They are net carb counters (carbs minus fiber) so I am getting about 35g of net carbs, but I feel so much better as my total carbs are running around 65g.

So my macro nutrient percentages yesterday were something like 48% fat, 14% carb, 38% protein (is that 100%?).

I have not started exercise, probably won't bother with the weight stuff until I get back from visiting my parents. But I will start walking while I am there since we will be on the beach!

I added 2T of cocoa powder to my morning mocha, it is apparently a very good source of iron-who knew- and a squirt of stevia. It is more chocolatey and super yummy now!

So yesterday's food:

B: 16oz. cold coffee, 2T heavy cream, 2 scoops of whey protein, 2T cocoa powder, dropper of stevia, 1C of 2% greek yogurt, 1/2C wild blueberries (I could not finish the yogurt/blueberries just too much food!
                L: 1C cabbage, 1can wild caught salmon, 1 small haas avocado, 1T chia seeds, 1T macadamia nut oil, 2T cider vinegar, cinnamon tea with 1/3C of coconut milk and stevia
                D: 8oz of ground beef (Laura's lean 92%), cooked with 1T dried parsley and 1T dried thyme (these are both high in iron as well-again who knew) and 1T of dried minced onion. The dried spices soak up the fat from the meat so there is no draining and no greasiness, add a dash of salt and pretty yummy. I ate 3C of romaine lettuce with 2T Cardini caesar salad dressing on the side. (I know this has soybean oil in it, but this stuff is crazy good and the only way I can get my son to eat salad which is only 1 of 3 of his vegetables!). I also has a cup of caffeine free herbal tea with 1/3C of coconut milk and stevia.

weight this morning 262.4
                Chris
                Unknown

Comment

Well, truthfully I cannot figure out why this is working. It doesn't really seem that drastically different that what I was doing before. I am increasing my protein, because even though they call it a moderate protein you are to multiply .68 by your bodyweight in pounds. That is 180g of protein for me. I have not reached it yet but am getting closer. They also want you to go to websites and figure out how many calories your body 'uses' and then figure out how fast you want to lose weight and subtract the appropriate number of calories. So my range is 1,500 to 1,800 (I had been staying around 1,300 to1,500 before) but the first day I went over by about 50 to 1,850 and yesterday I was at 1,750. Their suggestion is that you try to balance your nutrient throughout the 3 meals (well 2 to 4 meals-I do 3).

But guess what, I lost weight again! Another 2.4 pounds.

I got up to 168g of protein yesterday and that is reasonably close especially since I had zero hunger pangs. They are net carb counters (carbs minus fiber) so I am getting about 35g of net carbs, but I feel so much better as my total carbs are running around 65g.

So my macro nutrient percentages yesterday were something like 48% fat, 14% carb, 38% protein (is that 100%?).

I have not started exercise, probably won't bother with the weight stuff until I get back from visiting my parents. But I will start walking while I am there since we will be on the beach!

I added 2T of cocoa powder to my morning mocha, it is apparently a very good source of iron-who knew- and a squirt of stevia. It is more chocolatey and super yummy now!

So yesterday's food:

B: 16oz. cold coffee, 2T heavy cream, 2 scoops of whey protein, 2T cocoa powder, dropper of stevia, 1C of 2% greek yogurt, 1/2C wild blueberries (I could not finish the yogurt/blueberries just too much food!
                  L: 1C cabbage, 1can wild caught salmon, 1 small haas avocado, 1T chia seeds, 1T macadamia nut oil, 2T cider vinegar, cinnamon tea with 1/3C of coconut milk and stevia
                  D: 8oz of ground beef (Laura's lean 92%), cooked with 1T dried parsley and 1T dried thyme (these are both high in iron as well-again who knew) and 1T of dried minced onion. The dried spices soak up the fat from the meat so there is no draining and no greasiness, add a dash of salt and pretty yummy. I ate 3C of romaine lettuce with 2T Cardini caesar salad dressing on the side. (I know this has soybean oil in it, but this stuff is crazy good and the only way I can get my son to eat salad which is only 1 of 3 of his vegetables!). I also has a cup of caffeine free herbal tea with 1/3C of coconut milk and stevia.

weight this morning 262.4
                  Chris.. oh my goodness.. I thought i would just calculate the amount of protein I should have a day by multiplying by .68 and I ask you.. how am I to eat 207g of protein a day??? Hooray on the loss, sounds like you found a great formula and am still checking it out.
                  Karin

Comment

• the author told me that if I was getting close and feeling satisfied not to stuff it myself. It is just a guideline. I got 168g yesterday, so I am getting closer. Not gonna stress about it because as I lose the weight, it will get recalculated down anyway.

So also, I went here...BMR Calculator and plugged in my numbers and then went on to get my BMR.

That gives you a general guideline on your daily calorie allowance, then subtract around 500 to lose about a pound a week.

Now I have done this in the past and it has not worked-the counting calories- and even that exact website. So it must be the combination of getting enough sleep, working the psychology of meditation and goal setting, (I have not really even done anything about the environment or the exercise yet), and the combo of calorie counting with the lower carb, 'moderate' protein, high fat macro nutrients. Because I am never even close to hungry, the foods are so satisfying, there is zero urge for me to cheat.

Hoping like hell it continues this way!
                    Chris
                    Unknown

Comment

the author told me that if I was getting close and feeling satisfied not to stuff it myself. It is just a guideline. I got 168g yesterday, so I am getting closer. Not gonna stress about it because as I lose the weight, it will get recalculated down anyway.

So also, I went here...BMR Calculator and plugged in my numbers and then went on to get my BMR.

That gives you a general guideline on your daily calorie allowance, then subtract around 500 to lose about a pound a week.

Now I have done this in the past and it has not worked-the counting calories- and even that exact website. So it must be the combination of getting enough sleep, working the psychology of meditation and goal setting, (I have not really even done anything about the environment or the exercise yet), and the combo of calorie counting with the lower carb, 'moderate' protein, high fat macro nutrients. Because I am never even close to hungry, the foods are so satisfying, there is zero urge for me to cheat.

Hoping like hell it continues this way!
                      wow!! Awesome!! It will be interesting to watch your progress!! Waiting for payday, think I am going to get the book.
                      Karin

Comment

• I honestly think it is worth it to get the author input for questions. Just wish they had a forum as well.
                        Chris
                        Unknown

Comment

• So yesterday I ate out twice, lunch and dinner. Didn't bother to track it on fitday, too much of a pain in the neck. That is a great way to track food if you know exactly what you ate (ie. made it yourself) but a waste of time really if you don't. I will post it here though.

I have a mamogram this morning before work, fun. I am still on my period but it looks like it is coming to a close, hope it doesn't come back while I am on my trip to Florida.

I am a bit pressed for time this morning so i will come back later with comments, for now I will just post yesterday's food...

B: the new mocha with cocoa powder (yum), 1/2c full fat fage, 1/2C blueberries
                          L: blackened blue marlin with a cream sauce, a couple of pieces of red pepper, cole slaw
                          S: tea with coconut milk and stevia when I got home, I was hungry so I had 4 oz pot roast (cold) dipped in homemade ranch dressing
                          D: 2 oz. pork loin, huge salad, creamed spinach

this mornings weight 261.6 down another .8! that is 4.2 since I started-had been on a plateau for about 4 to 6 weeks maybe, so I am thrilled!
                          Chris
                          Unknown

Comment

• What a fun way to start your day!! LOL Hope all goes well!

Meant to ask with the SPEED, is this a 6-8 week program (like Kruse) or a this is the way you do this from now on.
                            Karin

Comment

• this is what I do until I go to maintenance, which is just a matter of slowly adding in things until I figure out what it takes to stay there. It is not nearly as restrictive as the Leptin Reset. they just give you a baseline of ideas and you work it from there. It truly makes much more sense to me. It is essentially the weight loss version of the Primal Blueprint. When you are done losing you go back to Primal Blueprint.
                              Chris
                              Unknown

Comment

this is what I do until I go to maintenance, which is just a matter of slowly adding in things until I figure out what it takes to stay there. It is not nearly as restrictive as the Leptin Reset. they just give you a baseline of ideas and you work it from there. It truly makes much more sense to me. It is essentially the weight loss version of the Primal Blueprint. When you are done losing you go back to Primal Blueprint.
                                SAAWEET! I downloaded there 3 tips and they sent me chapter 1 free.. so I am starting there until I can order a copy. So far, it answers questions and makes more sense. Is it still strict about 3 meals and no snacking?
                                Karin

Comment

Working...
                                X