No announcement yet.

Primal Journal-deMuralist

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• They are awesome if you take out the stone and replace it with an almond, then wrap in bacon and bake them. Wonderful. I sometimes make these as appetizers, everybody loves them!
    My Journal: Candy in Primal Wonderland
    My Blog: Candy in Wonderland
    Goal for 2012: keep weight steady (+/- 74 kg): check
    Goal for 2013: lose 10 kg and keep new weight (+/- 65 kg)

Comment

• Interesting thing about tracking on MyFitnessPal is that when you 'complete tracking for the day" it tells you what you will weigh in 5 weeks if you keep eating like that day. Mine always says something in the low 240's. It has been saying that for more than a few months now. It NEVER says I will gain weight in 5 weeks. Even when I have a particularly high calorie day. I need it to teach the scale a little something it obviously doesn't get!
      Chris
      "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
      Unknown

My journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread36279.html

My "Program": doing my version of a 4:3 - 3 day fast diet with real food every day, with a little twist of anti-inflammatory mixed in.

Comment

• YUM! (we obviously cross posted) Is that the dried ones or the fresh ones?
        Chris
        "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
        Unknown

My "Program": doing my version of a 4:3 - 3 day fast diet with real food every day, with a little twist of anti-inflammatory mixed in.

Comment

• Yum x 2, we always get dates with goat cheese and walnuts for dessert at our local Mediterranean Cheese Shop. They are juicy and soft, so I don't know if they are considered dried or fresh.
          Primal since 9/24/2010
          "Our greatest foes, and whom we must chiefly combat, are within." Miguel de Cervantes

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
          MFP username: MDAPebbles67

Comment

• most dates are dried. I guess the fresh ones have a very small season and do not grow many places which also means they are not shipped many places. The fresh ones I think are the size of an apricot, not as big as a peach.
            Karin

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

What am I doing? Depends on the day.

Comment

• Another situation where, when I get serious about being a locavore I will be missing out.
              Chris
              Unknown

Comment

• Originally posted by demuralist View Post
                YUM! (we obviously cross posted) Is that the dried ones or the fresh ones?
                The dried ones (both Medjool or Deglet Noor) are ok for this, they get softer because you bake them. Medjool dates are already very soft.
                My Journal: Candy in Primal Wonderland
                My Blog: Candy in Wonderland
                Goal for 2012: keep weight steady (+/- 74 kg): check
                Goal for 2013: lose 10 kg and keep new weight (+/- 65 kg)

Comment

• My plan for June (I will keep copying this until it is in my brain!)...

No restrictions or targets on Fat or Proteins
                  No added sugars or flour....Yep! managed to go the whole day with neither, yeah!
                  8 to 9 veggies with no more than 1 fruit, berries...sort of, I got the variety but it was almost totally fruits
                  Let the carbs fall where they may
                  Eat only when physically hungry (tummy growling)...yep, but I was really hungry yesterday for some reason
                  Eat mindfully...yep, I did manage this, plated and seated

The giant doily rug is coming along, but I think I am going to rip a bit of it out again. I don't love the balance of open to tight crochet, and there is a place where it looks like I skipped a stitch. Learning is a process.

The materials for a pegboard wall in my garage are still stacked in there, the handyman did not show up yesterday either.

Weather is supposed to be beautiful again today, and I am going to start working on the deck for the compass rose, very excited! I gotta blow off the dirt dust and leaves, then sand it, then power wash it today. After I set up a tent cover so I don't burn up! In the middle of all of that I have to pick DS up from his camp, unless DD wakes up in time, then she will do it.

Yesterday's stats....

Calories...1663
                  Carbs...54 Net....38
                  Fat...113
                  Protein...100
                  Fiber...16
                  Sugar...29

Result...259.6 that is down .6.

So my biggest issue right now is sleep. I am in bed long enough to get my 8 hours but am only getting 5 on average according to the fitbit. I cannot figure out what changed. At the beginning of last month I was sleeping with a 90% efficiency on average, then on May 16th, bam, it drops to 50% on average.

So far, my data gathering is showing no patterns that I can learn anything from. Of course 9 data points in each category is not much, so I will keep going, but I am surprised that nothing is showing itself, although if it was that obvious I think I would have already figured it out, right?
                  Chris
                  Unknown

Comment

• I've only found the fresh ones once in my life. I don't think I knew what to do with them. I'm going to keep this in mind should I ever find them again But, in general, I have to stay away from dried fruit of any kind. I eat them like candy.

I hate that part of MFP. I find it depressing. Like you, I try hard to be brutally honest with my journal. It never says I'll gain weight like I have. Nope, it either has a nice maintenance level or a steady drop. I too wish my body would listen to the computer
                    -- Ruth

Comment

• It is even more ridiculous on the days where I got 11,000 steps and it increased my calories astronomically. I didn't use them and still gained weight, and it said I would be in the 230's in 5 weeks, but that I was not eating enough. Makes me want to pull my hair out.
                      Chris
                      Unknown

Comment

• Here's what I can't figure out: we are all smart and amazing women who have accomplished spectacular things in our lives. Why can we not make this work for us? Grrr. When I get this figured out, I'm for sure going to try and help other women. It should not be this difficult (not that I think it will be easy, but the answers shouldn't be so elusive).
                        -- Ruth

Comment

• My sentiments exactly! Once I get this figured out (and I will get it figured out) and accomplished (and I will accomplish my goal) it will be my mission in life to help others on their journey! For heavens sake, with all the technology and scientific advances I cannot believe this has not been figured out. I believe research focus has been too much on medical interventions (pills, surgery, etc) since those are what will make money, and not enough on personal journeys - I am speaking scientifically here, I think many of us have individually focused on what works (or unfortunately more often what doesn't), but how to turn that into a program that promotes weight loss as well as health, I am still looking for the key.

on a completely different and random note. When I am on my heavier side, there is a bump of fat/fluid that resides just behind where the face of a watch would sit, if I wore a watch. Seeing it when I am typing or doing anything, always gives me a flash of feeling chubby. I just noticed it is gone, sweet.
                          Chris
                          Unknown

Comment

• The only thing I can surmise is that when you do all the right stuff and STILL do not lose, something is broken the doctors do not know about. What else is there?
                            Karin

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

What am I doing? Depends on the day.

Comment

• what else indeed. Now to figure out what the heck it is.
                              Chris
                              Unknown

Comment

• My plan for June (I will keep copying this until it is in my brain!)...

No restrictions or targets on Fat or Proteins
                                No added sugars or flour....Yep! managed to go the whole day with neither, but figured a way around it
                                8 to 9 veggies with no more than 1 fruit, berries...nope just 5
                                Let the carbs fall where they may
                                Eat only when physically hungry (tummy growling)...yep, but I was really hungry yesterday for some reason
                                Eat mindfully...yes, very mindful, but it didn't help

The giant doily rug is coming along, I did end up ripping most of it out, then had DD teach me how to fix what I had done wrong, and how to read a pattern. So I like it a whole lot more now.

So yesterday, I did not get to do what I had planned to do, I did not have a back up plan for activity, and I was bored. Must remember to have an inside plan as well as an outside plan for every day off!

The materials for a pegboard wall in my garage are still stacked in there, the handyman did not show up yesterday either. He did call late yesterday and give me some story about having the wrong number. No problem, I will just take down the tools myself, which cuts into how many hours it will take him to complete the job and thus into his pay. The longer he takes to show up the more I will get done and the less he will get paid.

Weather is not cooperating with the deck plans, it is raining and supposed to rain tomorrow too. Will work on hanging the fixtures in the rec room instead.

Yesterday's stats....

Calories...2626
                                Carbs...104 Net....76
                                Fat...178
                                Protein...163
                                Fiber...28
                                Sugar...39

Result...261.4 that is up 1.8

So one thing I learned yesterday. I think I do need to do small feedings maybe 5 times a day. I actually had breakfast yesterday. Which was coffee with HWC, protein powder, cocoa powder, gelatin, and stevia, along with 2 hard boiled eggs.

Then I had a lovely lunch...a salad of cherry tomatoes, avocado, mozzarella, chicken breast and tea with HWC.

But then we decided to cook out. Which means a couple of things, first grilled baked potatoes-I cannot resist, I can live without when just baked but once they have been on the grill it is another story- and second it is going to be late.

But since I wasn't hungry when we made the decision I was not worried. But then around 5:30 I started to get that not exactly tummy growling hunger, but the I am not feeling good I need something to eat hunger. It was only 4 and 1/2 hours since I ate, so really should not have needed anything. But that is when I start foraging/grazing. It starts off fine enough. I grab a couple of brazil nuts and a cup of tea with HWC. But it does not satisfy. Then a bit of Dubliner cheese, still dosn't satisfy. Then a small handful of cherry tomatoes. No satisfaction and DH has not even thought about starting the grill yet. So I start prep work marinating the food etc, to get him moving. It doesn't work, he likes to eat late, I like to eat earlier. So then I start looking for sweet, I make a batch of SF cookies (PB, a Stevia baking mix, egg, and baking soda). Little pick here little taste there, then he finally fires up the grill. We end up eating dinner at 8:30. And yes I ate...New York Strip (grass fed on sale), a small potato with butter and sour cream, and a few strips of zucchini. and yes I still ended up eating 2 more cookies after dinner just for good measure.

So I don't really consider this a binge so much as a non-stop graze. I think I will for a while, follow a bit of what Paula is doing and not let myself go so long between feedings. I really want to get to a point where when I eat I eat less. So I am hoping by eating a little something every few hours I can get myself away from the notion that every time I eat it has to be a lot. If I do 5 eatings, each one is going to have to come in under 300 calories. Let us see how today goes.

I have got to shake things up, and since I cannot figure out how to fix the sleep issue, I am just going to have to try other things.
                                Chris
                                Unknown

Comment

Working...
                                X