No announcement yet.

Primal Journal-deMuralist

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I think its harder to eat locally and in season based on some locations..i.e. growing seasons and local productions.. i am surprised KS has few farmers markets with food. Its mostly crafts..but the food they do have is SO FRICKIN EXPENSIVE
    Karin

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

What am I doing? Depends on the day.

Comment

• We can do well here seasonally and locally, it is reasonably priced and summer stuff is beautiful. I just don't love winter veggies, they are sparse and high in carbs generally. But this is supposed to be a bumper crop of strawberries in Tennessee this year. And I can't pass those up. I do think this will get easier and easier as the movement grows, just they way organic did.
      Chris
      "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
      Unknown

My journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread36279.html

My "Program": doing my version of a 4:3 - 3 day fast diet with real food every day, with a little twist of anti-inflammatory mixed in.

Comment

• I agree -- it will get easier as awareness and demand rise. I hope in a few years, it will be the "normal" instead of the exception.
        -- Ruth

Comment

• I am interested in eventually getting to where I eat seasonally, but as I am still healing and losing weight, I figure I don't need the challenge right now. One thing at a time. Speaking of which, I am trying your Precision Nutrition idea of adding in one new habit until you have it down pat, then another. Successfully added a multi-vitamin to my daily line-up, which was mostly just a matter of buying a bottle and putting it with my others. Now I am trying to add one brazil nut per day. Don't want to take it with my vitamins because it is food, and I don't want to set off the eating cycle early in the morning, so I am trying to find a routine that will help me remember. I may resort to just leaving them on the table. Any tips for making a new habit easy to remember?

Comment

• I am with you on that. Basically working through healing and weight loss, it is my suspicion that that will coincide with the upsurge of available local stuff!

I wish I could help with the habit. The thing that has worked for me is to attach it to something I already do. Maybe do it with lunch? Lunch is my most consistent meal.

Funny, I like to take my supplements and meds right after food (ie. not on an emplty stomach) as it keeps them from giving me an upset belly, but I also sor tof thought it would make them absorb better.

Since I take my supplements/meds morning and night, I move them from one place to another on my counter so I know if I took them already or not. Plus that way I don't get used to seeing them and them really not see them.

My current habit is to get back on the treadmill. I got off of it because the sound was messed up on the tv. Now my daughter fixed it, I need to restart the habit. For that I set an alarm on my cell phone (I usually do it 7am before I have my smoothie). Yesterday, I didn't have time in the morning so I did it when I got home from work. I will have to do the same today.
            Chris
            "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
            Unknown

My "Program": doing my version of a 4:3 - 3 day fast diet with real food every day, with a little twist of anti-inflammatory mixed in.

Comment

• Moving the pills is a great idea. A couple of times I have forgotten my blood thinner. EEEK! The only reason I knew is because they were at the bottom of my make up bag instead of on top. I need a better system.
              Primal since 9/24/2010
              "Our greatest foes, and whom we must chiefly combat, are within." Miguel de Cervantes

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
              MFP username: MDAPebbles67

Comment

• My RX's are in the drawer I keep my glasses case in. Open the draw to put glasses away after putting in contacts and there they are.
                Karin

Comment

• I guess the blood clots scared me enough to remember the blood thinner. BUT I only had to take them for a short while, I am certain if it were long term I would have problems. I go through stages with my IBD medicine. I have had it for so long and have been in remission for so long, I put myself in denial that I even have it, then forget the pills. Actually though they are to prevent another colon cancer more than keep symptoms in check, so I need to stay on them. Doing the habit with the supplements has helped a lot.
                  Chris
                  Unknown

Comment

• So last night for dinner I made crab cakes. Mostly Primal, I think...

2 pounds of crab meat, chopped up
                    3 T of homemade mayo
                    diced red pepper
                    1tsp old bay
                    1tsp dry mustard
                    hot sauce to taste
                    3 T golden flax meal (I think this is primal?)

recipe also called for chopped parsley and green onions, but I didn't have either.

then (and this is definitely not primal) I very lightly pressed the formed patties into panko and sauteed them in olive oil.

They were fantastic, served them over a BAS. You could probably skip the panko, but I had it and I was jonesin for something crunchy.
                    Chris
                    Unknown

Comment

• fresh crab?
                      Karin

Comment

• yep, it was on sale! Rare event. I usually use chicken of the sea.
                        Chris
                        Unknown

Comment

• Athome, I am very impressed that you PUT AWAY your glasses! I am not so meticulous. Let's see, what do I ALWAYS do, that could serve as a visual reminder for me? Hmmm, there's a limit to how much stuff I could pile on the toilet tank lid!

Comment

• Originally posted by Sabine View Post
                            Athome, I am very impressed that you PUT AWAY your glasses! I am not so meticulous. Let's see, what do I ALWAYS do, that could serve as a visual reminder for me? Hmmm, there's a limit to how much stuff I could pile on the toilet tank lid!
                            LOL!! Well, I am blind without my glasses or contacts. Its sad when at night I they fall off the nightstand and I have to have my daughter come help me find them because all I can do is feel around for them. So, when the contacts go in the glasses go in a bright red case in the drawer! hahahah
                            Karin

Comment

• I have trouble if I have to do something at the same time every day. Not even the toilet lid would help me out there!

I spend way too much time in my kitchen. So I can put things all over there to remember. The trick is that they stay so long that I have to move them around or I just get used to seeing them and then ignore them.

Just decorated a cake for a fund raiser. It came out pretty well, but WAY TOO much taste testing went on. How do I know, my tummy doesn't feel so good|~(
                              Last edited by demuralist; 05-11-2012, 02:47 PM. Reason: grammar
                              Chris
                              Unknown

Comment

• I spend a lot of time in my kitchen as well. I love it...but am still trying to balance my love for cooking with how much (or little) I need to eat.

Tomorrow for mother's day I need to make my mom a nice treat for the day. I've got to figure out how to enjoy a little bit without going too far...

Chris, you are so kind. At this point, I mostly donate money for these things. I can't do too much baking...I do too much tasting...
                                -- Ruth

Comment

Working...
                                X