X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fit in that dress by 1/10/11 - Betties Journal

So here iam, starting my own little challenge, 7 weeks of strict primal:

- no grains
    - no diary (except full fat cream in my tea and butter, lots of butter!)
    - no sugar (the devil!)

and step by step to a primal lifestyle. regular sleep and rest, hard but short strength training, lots of low intensity dialy activities...

my diet is already pretty much high fat / wholefoods, but there is always the little snack there or the diner out here where i cheat. and there is chocolate... lots of chocolate... this all has to stop! i also need to eat more protein i think.

i have a lots of health issues (always tired, bloated, muscle pains....), but no doctor seem to find out the problem. so i will look into chines medicine and take my supplements on a regular basis. i should also look into leptin, maybe thats my problem?

7/14: 156 lbs.
    weight in's:

7/17: 153.5 lbs.
    7/18: 152.5 lbs.

goalweight: 130 lbs.

thats the dress btw.
    Attached Files

weight in's:

Comment

Love the color of the dress. I have my own dress goal for November 2011. Grock on.

Comment

Good luck!!

Comment

Best of luck. I wish Americans wrote dates like the rest of the world, for a second I thought you wanted to fit into a dress six months ago... (January 2011) haha.
          I used to seriously post here, now I prefer to troll.

Comment

thank you all!

iniQuity, haha i actually wanted to fit into this dress 6 months ago, fail! so i guess its more than time to do something, right? ;-)

weight in's:

Comment

Cute! I have a skirt and sweater hanging on my bedroom door that I hope to fit into this fall. Superficial, maybe, but it definitely helps my motivation
              My Primal Journal with lots of food pr0n

Comment

Originally posted by iniQuity View Post
                Best of luck. I wish Americans wrote dates like the rest of the world, for a second I thought you wanted to fit into a dress six months ago... (January 2011) haha.
                Ha, I thought the same thing!

Comment

Love the dress! Do it!

I am using clothing as a motivator to face fears (CrossFit) and not quit. No more Plus size clothing, it's discouraging and not suited to my tastes! I may have to buy one more fancy dress in October, but it WILL be my last!
                  My journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread70684.html

Comment

iam back from my holiday, 3 days at a theme park with all the crappy food and drinks... i feel fat and its really time to start getting healthly again. tomorrow. really looking forward!

and the good news, got my new job and start in a couple of weeks. no more of the boring 3h trainjourney 5 times a week, but 2x30 min. walk a day! and a lots of more time for working out, eat good and having fun!

a few words about me:

Your location: switzerland
                    Age (If you want): nearly 32
                    How Primal are you: I was 80% but slipped too many times so it has to be 100% for many weeks to get back on track, i guess
                    Do you consume dairy: heavy cream and butter only
                    Do you drink coffee or tea: 1 tea a day, will try decaf
                    Motivator for switching to Primal: the only way to stay healthly & slim
                    Favorite exercise: all whats heavy
                    Favorite Primal food: dead animals ;-)
                    Best part about being Primal: feeling great and you can eat fat!
                    Worst part about being Primal: its not always easy in a "carb-world" we live...

weight in's:

Comment

Love the dress! I have a vacation (or holiday, as you say!) in December to Tulum that I'm using as my goal. I want to wear a bikini, kayak, snorkle and be strong enough to hike to the top of some Mayan ruins! But I think the biggest motivator is that I want to like how i look in my vacation pictures!

Bettie, what's really helping me get back on track and stay strong is i'm doing a Whole 30. 30 days of no sugar, no grains, no dairy. not even a bite of something. I now put coconut milk in my coffee instead of whole cream. I am not craving any sweets or chocolate or any of the usual things. I can barely even eat fruit now, its too sweet! When the 30 days is up, i may go back to butter, but we'll see. I may just do another Whole 30!

Oh, and congrats on the new job!

Comment

Calibunny, thanks!

no grain and no sugar is probably not a problem but the cream and butter i will keep up. if i see that i still need some adjustments i maybe think about it. i love coconutoil but i tryed it in my tea and i don't like the taste, so i would probably switch to roiboosh tea or fruit tea in the morning. and the main reason why i eat butter is cause i can't stomach too much coconut oil. i tryed my way up with it many times, but i got really bad stomach issues.

in england it was easy to find goose fat, lard... but here i just can't find it. maybe i have to look around in austria or germany.

weight in's:

Comment

day 1:

went well, could not make the 50gr. protein breakfast... oh and had 1 beer too much, well, thats when you spend your sundays in bavaria...

food:

breakfast: tea with heavy cream. 1 hard boiled egg, horse steak, leeks, 1 mini banana, coconut oil, butter, mayonnaise

lunch: greek salad with olive oil dressing

diner: 1/2 roast chicken, salad, 2 beer

workout / play: long walk at the lake, enjoying a boat trip to bavaria, was lovely...

suplements: vit. d, cod liver oil, magnesium, 5 htp

and now a cup of herb tea and a early night...

weight in's:

Comment

day two, back to work, had a awful night and felt really off all day...

i had a real hard time to eat my breakfast this morning, so i had the shake first and had the rest later as a snack. still trying to find a protein source i can eat 40-50 gram in the morning.

breakfast: tea with coconutoil and heavy cream. proteinshake with coconut milk, coconut water, whey. horse meat, hard boiled eggs, mayonnaise

lunch: peppers, corquettes, leeks in butter with horse steak , dark chocolate

diner: handfull macademia nuts, 1 mini banana, tea with heavy cream

workout: zzzz zzzzz... sleep and relax ;-)

weight in's:

Comment

Day 2 and 3.

summer finally came out so i HAD to visit the beergarden... well we waited now over 3 months for summer and it was raining every single day! :-S

beside the beer i had a real hard time yesterday morning. i had a coconut/whey shake with me but i think the coconutmilk was off. it smelled like a dead mouse :-((( - so i had some dark chocolate and ntuts (all i had in the office).. otherwise i did quite well, still trying out some options to get my high protein breakfast in. its hard but iam getting there. think beef is the magic word!

i really have to do it right this time! i can't look in the mirror anymore, feel ugly, sick, tired ;-(

Day 2:

B: tea with double cream and coconut oil. dark Chocolate and Nuts

L: Pork and mixed salad

D: beef burger and half a beer

Day 3:

B: tea with double cream and coconut oil, beef burger

L: Horse Steak, Fennel, mini banana, 1 tsb. honey, butter

D: mixed nuts, piece of swiss cheese, 2 small beers

weight in's:

Comment

Working...
                              X