No announcement yet.

Primal Journal (tim_1522)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Last night's Strength training went pretty well (other than the fact I have a *long* way to go before I'm fit) and ended up doing a semi-IF again. Had breakfast (~5 scrambled eggs, 5 pieces of bacon, couple ounces of spinach and 5 asparagus spears) and then had another round of Bulletproof coffee (24oz coffee, 4 Tbsp coconut butter) and then I wasn't really hungry all day. I ended up not eating again until after the Strength workout (about 8pm) and then chowed down on a variety of meat and broccoli and spinach. It turned out to be about a 10 hour of not eating.

Tonight, for my wife's birthday, we agreed to basically skip the birthday cake and we are going to what is essentially a "meat buffet" -- Bacana Brazil

As for beef, we typically grill and serve sirloin and top sirloin (picanha), garlic steak, beef shoulder, and brazilan filet.

We also serve pork (both marinated and simply salted), tasty Brasilian "chorizo-like" sausages, chicken wings, and bacon wrapped breast meat tender and tasty off the grill.
    I know it's probably not 100% guaranteed sources and there might be some stray "baddies" in the seasoning, sauces, etc. but for a birthday celebration, I think it's a pretty good choice and I can't wait!!
    Re-focusing on the Primal Lifestyle in 2012!

Starting: 221.0lb, 29.5% BF (1/9/2012)
    Latest: 208.9, 26.1% BF (3/19/2012)

http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread35679.html

Comment

Been a difficult stretch for me as the flu knocked me out of commission of parts of Wed and Thurs. Wed was a rest day and *somehow* my daughter/training buddy for the Half managed to drag me out of the house to run the 4 on Thurs afternoon. I know most "Primal purists" are probably screaming about running when that sick...BUT, we did it at a really slow pace -- even slower than we had been for our runs so far...something like 13 min miles. IT *actually* kind of got me on the track of feeling better...I had slept/laid around all day long and sometimes I think you have to just do something active to kind of get yourself going again.

I didn't eat much Wed night or Thurs but I did get to the point where I felt like trying something Thurs evening. Had some Turkey bone broth and then some green tea and then eventually some roasted chicken. Strangely, since then I've not been super hungry and I'm a little bit afraid that I'm underrating (esp. protein) and worry about my muscle mass. Fri night I felt pretty weak and skipped my planned sprints, but I did get out and do a real slow 3 miles on Saturday.

Sat night I had a get together that I stayed mostly Primal for, sticking to mostly the smoked beef and pork (no sauces) but had a little bit of soda (probably about 6oz) and a small bit of cookie cake as well as a larger than preferable helping of mixed fruits...and also some chesse that was probably pretty bad for me since it wasn't the "top shelf" stuff I usually ate and was probably high in lactose. Sunday was the Super Bowl and I had hot wings, which probably had some crap in sauce and potatoes which were probably fried in crap. I also had a bit more soda...probably about 12oz. Sunday noontime I did the weeks long run of 6 miles and had a baked potato and a sweet potato post-run.

I woke up pretty early (for me) this morning and weighed in at 216.6 lb, 27.6% BF which works out to me losing a bit of fat and gaining a lb of muscle. Overall for 4 weeks, I'm posting 5.41 lbs of fat last and 1.01 lbs of muscle gained. I'm somewhat skeptical of this since (as I mentioned) I was so sick AND I ate very little after being sick AND I had numerous cheats after that. We'll see next week, I guess...

I then did the sprints I was supposed to do Friday: 10 X 100m sprints, with a little warm up and cool down, and then went to work. The plan for the rest of the week is:

M - 3
      T - 2 X 5 Essential Primal Movements
      W - Rest
      Th - 4
      F - 4
      Sa - 2 X 5 Essential Primal Movements

Depending on how I'm feeling, one of the 4 mile runs might get dropped, because I'd rather drop one of those and make up the Sprints from last week and not skip and LHT sessions this week. Again, we'll see how it goes...

Comment

Feel like updating this again...

So, I did the easy 3 miles Monday night after the Sprints in morning. But, by the time for LHT came around on Tuesday, I thought better of it and (coupled with my daughter complaining about stomach pains) we decided to Rest Tuesday and pushed that to Wednesday. Then, I came home last night and was super tired and fell into bed about 10-10:30 and slept for probably 10 hours. My wife reports that daughter did the LHT workout while I slept, so I decided to try to knock it out this morning and get into work a little late.

This morning's LHT was the best one I've had since re-gettin' on the Primal Horse and I hit new highs in every one of the movements!! So, I'm glad I decided to suck it up and do them. Now, I've still got 4 miles on the schedule tonight and another 4 for Friday before hitting another LHT workout on Saturday. I may still drop one of the 4 milers...like I said before I'll see how I feel.

On the eating side of things, I've been playing around with my many "versions" of Bulletproof coffee and this week I actually broke down and bought some Kerrygold and also a jar of coconut oil (not ready to drop 35+ on MCT oil yet) to see how that worked in my coffee. I think from a taste standpoint, I liked the coffee + coconut butter, BUT what I am drinking this week seems to give me better satiety -- almost to the point of TOO much appetite suppressant as I'm now a little concerned about not getting enough protein...I just haven't been that hungry. As a result, I've been experimenting around with supplementing with a protein shake to get my protein where I want it. Other than these tweaks it's been lots of eggs, meats, and veggies along with the occasional fruit and post-run potato or yam.

I feel like things are going well.

Comment

Thurs night I did the 4 as planned. Fri night between feeling a little tired, the fact that it was really chilly out when I got home, and that my daughter/training partner had to be up early to take the ACT the next morning, we cut the Fri run from 4 to 3. Sat, I did my LHT workout again and had another strong workout (especially considering I was coming back about 2.5 days from my last LHT workout) Then on Sunday we did the weekly long run which was 7 miles. It was tough, but we got through it and kept our pace nice and low-level. Then afterward, we each had a baked potato and a sweet potato.

I'm still playing around with Bulletproof coffee and loving it. I'm pretty much to the point going with a BPC and two meals. My appetite continues to be nearly non-existent and only really notice if I go for LONG periods of time without eating. I'm still a little concerned about enough protein, especially with the increased distance running -- I don't want to chew up too much of my muscle mass while training -- so, I've continued to supplement with some whey protein here and there. For example, after I did my LHT on Saturday, I had 2 scoops (~32g protein) chocolate whey powder with a couple dates, a bunch of spinach, 1/2 an avocado, 10 almonds, a couple cashews and a couple macadamia nuts. Kind of threw the kitchen sink in the blender.

I weighed in this morning and the scale read 213.8 lbs at 28.7% BF. After doing the calculations, this puts me (since my 2012 re-start) down 7.2 lbs consisting of 3.83 lbs of fat and 3.37 lbs of muscle...which seems to confirm my concern about chewing up a little bit of muscle mass. On, the other hand, I went to put my clothes on and my belt went all the way to notch FIVE easily. Recall that back in Oct/Nov 2011 I was floating back and forth between notches 4 and 5 and then I got away from PB the end of the year and by Jan 7 when I re-started, my belt was out to between notches 1 and 2. So, going by my belt, I'm pretty stoked!! I'm also feeling the strongest I've felt since re-starting in 2012 (based on LHT and other stuff) so, I'm having a hard time believing I've lost strength. I was recovering from flu this week, so I'm thinking I'll chalk the dip in lean mass up to "healing" and other than watching protein intake levels not worry to much. Or, maybe I'll just throw the damn scale out!!

Had bacon and eggs, and a bunch of asparagus for breakfast, then drank my BPC on the way into work. I'm still not even close to hungry, so not sure when I will eat lunch. Looking forward on my training, here's the plan for the rest of the week.

M - 3
          Tu - 4
          W - Sprints
          Th - Rest
          F - 4
          Sa - Strength

There's snow in the forecast 'round these parts, so some of this may have to be reshuffled depending on conditions...

Comment

I have just this to say about last week...SPRINTS will kick your butt!! Did Monday and Tuesday's easy runs as planned. Monday's run was in falling snow and that was kind of cool. Then came Wednesday night and I did 12 X 100m sprints with 2 minutes rest in-between. Each one was between 18-20 seconds. Then Thursday was planned rest day which I took in spades. Friday I was still not feeling great and scrapped my plan 4 mile run. I ended up doing a 10k walk as a replacement. Saturday I did LHT and while it wasn't a terrible workout, it wasn't great either -- basically saw no real improvements on any of my numbers across the board.

Sunday's long run was 8 miles and it was not as "solid" as I would have preferred. I couldn't seem to find my pace/rhythm and probably ran it faster overall than I really wanted to. It's been awhile since I have ran that far, though, so I chalk it up to being a little bit out of practice.

My eating continued to be really solid, IMO. I had some cases where I probably took in more calories that I'd like -- on Valentine's Day, my wife made me dark chocolate covered strawberries and dark chocolate covered macadamia nuts -- both pretty much Primal approved, but probably a little calorie/sugar heavy...and at least I ate it after my 4 mile run that night.

Friday night, we ate out and had a ribeye with asparagus and a potato dish which at least it wasn't fried in any fake oils, but it probably had added baddies. Also, had a fair amount of cheese with the meal. Did manage to drink only water and NO dessert, so that was good. Also on Saturday night, I had a larger than normal amount of PWO carbs and also had about 90 grams of protein, but I felt like I needed it, so I'm not too worried about it. Tried the "Smarties" trick while I was running the 8 miles and also had TWO potatoes post-workout.

I weighed in this morning and the scale read 211.4 lbs at 27.6% BF. After doing the calculations, this puts me (since my 2012 re-start) down 9.6 lbs consisting of 6.8 lbs of fat and 2.8 lbs of muscle. Assuming all the measurements are accurate, this means I re-bounded a bit from last week, added back a little muscle AND continued to lose fat. While I'm not taking the readings as gospel, I think they reflect a trend that's confirmed by other "subjective" observations. I'm still hitting notch 4-5 on my belt and feel like I've lost a lot of fat in my shoulder/arms as the muscles there look/feel more defined.

While I feel like I still have a *ways* to go around the abdomen/mid-section...where I used to just have one big blob of fat...the fat is starting to have individual "shapes" -- that is, it's like I can see areas where my muscles "should" be...just that there's a layer of fat on top of them. It's hard to describe and while it's not visible abs...but it's definitely moving in the right direction.

M - 4
            Tu - Sprints
            W - Rest
            Th - "Paced" 3
            F - Strength
            Sa - 4

Thursday's "Paced" run is the first of my runs that I will attempt to run at "Race Pace" -- 8:50 miles for me. Mark, in his Marathon Training tips says one of those runs a week is allowed as you approach the race. I'm about 7 weeks out from my race and will be done one of these "Race Pace" runs each week up until the week before the race.
            Last edited by tim_1522; 02-20-2012, 11:30 AM.

Comment

Well...life gets in the way sometimes...

Sorry for not updating this sooner, but...yeah...

Things are going pretty good overall. Two minor issues crept up.

1) Thursday evening I was in a hurry and ended up going to my daughter's basketball practice in work clothes (including shoes, the important part) At some point we were working on a drill with the girls and I got pulled in to work with them. I forgot I was operating in dress shoes and got caught up in the action -- and managed to tweak my ankle/shin in the process as the are was barking at me pretty loudly afterward. Chalk that up to a violation of Primal Law #9!
              2) Saturday had an insanely stressful morning and then finally kind of snapped and the victim was a sleeve (1/2 the box) of Thin Mints Girl Scout cookies. It was totally an emotional/reaction to stress kind of thing. Don't ask how I get in that mood, but when I do I literally don't care how bad something for me is. The funny thing was that in the past when I've gotten into this mood, I would have ate the entire box and then proceeded to mow down some more stuff that's bad for me. Much as I wanted to mentally, I could not physically eat anymore than I did....strange...

The result of issue 1 was that I skipped doing a planned LHT workout on Thursday. I still managed to get all the planned runs in, which when I'm "tweaked" is actually easier for me to do since I have a fair amount of experience with running while tweaked and not so much with lifting while tweaked. The result of issue 2 was not much other than I'm sure the abuse to my digestive system, etc.

Got more or less re-railed and did the weeks long run of 10 miles yesterday morning, had a baked potato and a sweet potato after the run and the pretty much went on a protein binge (whey powder shake after the potatoes) and then lamb, tuna, and chicken in kind of "buffet" throughout the day. I probably need to focus on getting a good pile of veggies in me over the next few days. My plan going forward is do the LHT workout missed from Thursday tonight and then move the planned LHT workout for Wednesday this week to Thursday and then re-shuffle the other runs (and most likely delete one of the shorter runs from this week) I'm kind of making it up as I go, but I really want to keep hitting the LHT workouts and would prefer to skip a run instead if I need to skip things.

Weighed in this morning and despite the mis-steps, I posted a decent result at 210.6 lbs and 27.8%-BF. From a "calculated" standpoint, for 2012 this puts me down 10.4 lbs consisting of 6.65lbs fat and 3.75lbs lean. This is why I want to make sure I keep hitting the LHT workouts (so long and I do a better job avoiding stupid mistakes) Also, still working on trying to get myself mentally "back in the groove"

This weeks training plan (though as I mentioned I may tweak it)

Su -10
              M - 4
              Tu - Rest
              W - 2x5 Essential Primal Movements
              Th - "Paced" 4
              F - 4
              Sa - 4

And...next week starts off with the "big" long run of 12 miles.

Comment

Life continues to intrude. Cursed Daylight Savings Time means that I am "naturally" waking later in the morning. So, I was rushed for time today and didn't get a chance to weigh in.

Bummer news over the weekend - my training partner/daughter had to be shut down from running due to a complex combination of issues. She had started having knee pain throughout the week and finally it got to the point where we took he to be examined. Turns out that one leg is slightly longer than the other, ~2mm, not enough to notice, but enough to cause problems. So, in addition to the knee, she's got a misaligned pelvis and a slight alignment issue at the L4/L5 vertebrae. Doctor wants her to shut down running until these issues are corrected. I ran the scheduled 12 miles yesterday, but it kind of sucked doing it alone and I'm trying to decide if I still want to do the April half marathon solo.

Also, had a series of social gatherings/interactions over the weekend which I didn't handle well and ended up with a lot of "little" cheats from the eating perspective. Was really burnt out from continuous cooking for self that I didn't do as well preparing good food to eat (especially protein) so my diet suffered from that standpoint as well.

I want to try to track things like sleep and a little more detail in what I'm eating. I don't know that I want to get into the nitty/gritty details of macros/calories, but just a better listing of what and what amounts I'm eating. Going to try to do this in daily posts (which I'll probably post early in the day and the update as the day progresses as to limit the possibility of forgetting things) and then a "weekly summary" type thing on Monday mornings.

Comment

Monday, March, 12, 2012

Last night's sleep -- ~8hrs (1:00am-9:00am...skewed a bit by the DST thing, but still probably not getting to bed as soon as I'd like) Had a hard time getting going, which I hope will settle itself after getting used to the new alignment of sunlight to clock.

Food -- Made/drank BPC (~24oz coffee, 2tsp cinnamon, 1/2 stick KerryGold, 30g coconut oil) on the way out the door.
                  Leftover Beef chunks/carrots/onions that were slow-cooked/stewed yesterday along with a healthy handful of spinach and a head of romaine for Lunch.
                  Dinner: Pork "Back Ribs" (basically a hunk of meaty/fatty pig) which were rubbed and slow cooked in the oven. No sauces or sugars or added baddies, but sooooo yummy! Also had 10 LARGE asparagus spears and a small bit of canned greened beans. The beans aren't the best but they were leftover from the kids' dinner and I don't like to let stuff go to waste when possible. Was still hungry, so broiled a package of sirloins (little pepper, garlic, and onion) and had one while putting the rest away for future meals. This was eaten PWO.

Exercise -- 3.1 miles walking throughout the day during work. Lift Heavy Things workout after work doing the 5 essential Primal Movements:
                  Pushups (Level 2) - 24, 15
                  Pullups (subbed in Bent Rows w/27 lb weight, each side) - 30, 30
                  Squats (Level 4) - 50, 50 (honestly the 2nd round was more like 40 + 10, my legs were really feeling it what with the 12 mile run last night)
                  Overhead Press (subbed Standing OP with 20lb weight, each side) - 24, 22
                  Planks (Level 2) - 90/60/60, 90/60/60

Sun -- 30 minutes of good exposure during my walk after lunch. Sun was definitely out and bright and it was downright *warm* outside.

Cheats -- None

Misc -- Was *tough* to get through LHT tonight.
                  Last edited by tim_1522; 03-13-2012, 01:51 PM.

Comment

Tuesday, March, 13, 2012

Last night's sleep -- ~7.5hrs (12:00am-7:30am...rise time pretty good, but probability need to get my to bed time a little earlier) MUCH easier to get moving this morning, but still kind of stumbled into the shower...

Food -- Breakfast of 5 scrambled pastured eggs cooked in a little butter, large pile of fresh spinach. Also, a slightly different version of BPC today made with ~24oz coffee, healthy dash (didn't measure) of unsweetened cocoa powder, 1/2 stick KerryGold, 30g coconut oil, some homemade coconut butter.
                    Lunch of avocado, big pile of broccoli, one of the steaks from last night. This was about 4pm. Dinner was 3 boneless skinless chicken thighs and more broccoli. This was about 9:30pm or so.

Exercise -- 1.5 miles walking throughout the day during work. 2.0 miles walking in the neighborhood when I got home. Had a 2 hour commitment in the evening which squeezed my work schedule meaning I didn't have the chance to walk at lunch. Also got home later than usual, so didn't do much then either.

Sun -- Very minimal. No walk at lunch cut into this.

Cheats -- None

Misc -- It's hard to have a good day where you hit all the components of Primal solidly. Might happen maybe one day a week it seems...
                    Last edited by tim_1522; 03-14-2012, 01:49 PM.

Comment

Wednesday, March, 14, 2012

Last night's sleep -- ~7.5hrs (1:30am-9:00am...slid backwards again here as I didn't get to bed when I would have liked) another slow moving morning.

Food -- BPC (~24oz coffee, 1/2 stick KerryGold, 30g coconut oil, some homemade coconut butter ) on the way out the door.
                      Lunch of 5 pastured eggs scrambled, a boneless skinless chicken thigh, big handful of fresh spinach and a small plate of broccoli. This was about 2pm.
                      After my run, had a baked potato, a sweet potato, several "mini-slider" style burgers with a little KerryGold cheese. Then had a big smoothie with coconut milk, EAS whey powder, an avocado, a banana, and 4 dates.

Exercise -- 3.1 miles walking throughout the day during work. 5.1 mile run (at a nice slow 12:00 pace) for my Half training.

Sun -- Half hour of good exposure during my after lunch walk. The sun was out and *bright* so I really felt it today!

Cheats -- UGH! It was "pi" day today and the local "bring a bunch of crappy food to work" committee was out in force with several store bought crappy pies. Around 3:30 or so, I had a moment of weakness and had a slice of one! Grrrrr!

Misc -- During my lunchtime walk, noticed that gas prices had jumped another 20 cents again and this after several other jumps in the past couple of weeks. Really started considering a bicycle to make the 10 mile trip to work. I figured that if I could find one for $200, that it would pay for itself in 50 roundtrips to work. I also figured I would probably spend about 30 minutes each way on the bike meaning an almost guaranteed hour of moving slowly each weekday, since I know I wouldn't be trying to set any records if I was biking to work. Don't want to show up sweaty.
                      Last edited by tim_1522; 03-15-2012, 02:10 PM.

Comment

Thursday, March, 15, 2012

Last night's sleep -- ~6.5hrs (2:30am-9:00am...could NOT fall asleep) and was very groggy in the morning.

Food -- BPC (~24oz coffee, 1/2 stick KerryGold, 30g coconut oil, some homemade coconut butter ) on the way out the door.

Lunch of 4 "mini-slider" style burgers, a can of tuna, big plate of broccoli, and a big pile of fresh spinach.

Early Dinner was a 5oz piece of Salmon and spinach to avoid temptation when I had to go to an "end of season" party for one of my daughter's sports teams. I did ok-ish, avoiding the worst of the crap that was there. I had a plate of plain Lays potato chips which I snacked on to be social. Not ideal, due to the oil most certainly being crap, but at least it was potatoes and not grains. Had a small piece of gooey butter cake (which is a St. Louis thing that most people have probably never heard of) which was also not too bad as it a) had butter in it and b) was homemade. Don't get me wrong, it also had sugar and was "cake" recipe so had flour as well...but at least it didn't come out of a box.

I skipped the hot dogs, the buns, the mac and cheese dish, the salad with Ramen noodles (wtf?), the other store bought deserts, etc. So, all in all it could have been worse.

After my LHT workout had a protein shake with coconut milk, EAS chocolate whey powder, avocado, and spinach. I also had some boneless skinless chicken breast.

Exercise -- 1.5 miles walking throughout the day during work. Lunchtime walk got washed out by rain. Also, the rain meant no Sprints tonight. I did a LHT workout instead and will Sprint the next time I'm supposed to LHT. Did 5 Essential Primal Movements and while I didn't remember to record my numbers like I did on Monday, they were pretty similar to what I did then.

Sun -- None as there were thunderstorms today and that washed out my lunchtime work walk.

Cheats -- Potato chips, Gooey Butter Cake
                        Last edited by tim_1522; 03-16-2012, 01:23 PM.

Comment

Friday, March, 16, 2012

Last night's sleep -- ~7.5hrs (1:30am-9am...better than yesterday, but still bad...) and was once again really slow moving in the morning.

Lunch of boneless skinless chicken breasts, broccoli, fresh spinach, can of tuna.

Ended up getting sucked into the Fish Fry where my wife and kids go to Church. The good news is the fish is pretty high quality and they do everything by hand and it's not pre-pressed frozen patties out of a box. I'm familiar with their operation and it's essentially home made. I got lots of protein out of the deal! The bad news is that it was breaded fish and cooked is "healthy" oil filled fryers.

Exercise -- 3.1 miles walking throughout the day during work. 4.0 mile run for my Half marathon training after I got home.

Sun -- Good 30 minute exposure as my lunch time walk happened after the storms cleared and the sun came out in full force.

Cheats -- Lots of breading on the fish and probably some bad oils.

Misc -- While eating my can of StarKist Tuna, I noticed the cute little heart symbol on the front with the message "natural source of OMEGA-3" but then when I flipped the can around and looked at the nutrition info panel, it claimed to contain 0g of total fat (along with 0g of polyunsaturated fat, obviously) which confused me because isn't O3 a PUFA?
                          Last edited by tim_1522; 03-19-2012, 12:01 PM.

Comment

Saturday, March 17, 2012

Last night's sleep -- ~9.0hrs (1:30am-10:30am...slept in...)

Food -- In an attempt to try to "calorie cycle" a bit, I skipped the morning BPC as I didn't really need it to get going for work. Had a couple fried eggs, some bacon, and 4 (recipe made 10) of these donuts for breakfast.

About an hour Pre-run, I had 2 scoops (~45g) EAS chocolate whey powder blended with water and ice.

After my run, I had a baked potato, a sweet potato, and then had corned beef and cabbage with stewed carrots and new potatoes. Pretty starchy heavy, but I'm hitting the running pretty hard this weekend, so it should be ok...

Exercise -- 2.5 miles walking up to the local elementary school and around the neighborhood. Shot hoops with my youngest daughter. 5.1 mile "race pace" run for my half marathon training

Sun -- Good 30+ minute exposure while out walking and shooting hoops.

Cheats -- Some Lindt90 dark chocolate squares before bed.

Misc -- I'm terrible about being on the computer over the weekend, so this is getting posted on Monday...

Comment

Sunday, March 18, 2012

Last night's sleep -- ~9.5hrs (1:30am-11am...slept in again...)

Food -- Skipped the morning BPC. Breakfast of homemade pork sausage and scrambled eggs and spinach and asparagus. Mid-afternoon had some baked chicken thighs. For dinner, had grilled chicken breast, and sauteed kale and carrots.

Exercise -- This was a *tough* day. Went to do my 10 mile long run for Half Marathon training and got about 2 miles into and felt like *garbage* the whole time. Decided to "listen to my body" and call it quits. Also, an old "runners rule" is that if you don't feel like doing a run for that day to try running 20 minutes and if you still feel that way to call it quits. Between the walking for warmup on the aborted run and the other walking on the day, I did another mile. It was warm today and really the first time I've attempted a daytime run in the warmer weather, so maybe that was it. OTOH, I *really* made it a point to pre-hydrate in the morning before stepping out the door to start the run. I also cut out 1200 calories over the past two days by not having my BPC in the morning, so maybe that was it. I hit the carbs pretty hard yesterday, so I don't think that was is it. But, I'm still not sure...

Sun -- Good 30+ minute exposure while out attempting to run and walking along with various outdoor activities.

Cheats -- Some Lindt90 dark chocolate squares before bed.

Misc -- Still getting caught up on Monday....

Comment

I think I'm getting smacked with trying to do too much at once. Frustrated with no movement on the fat loss/body composition front, I decided to try to do a little caloric restriction (at the behest of many here) by skipping the BPC over the weekends, but I'm fairly confident that left me with low energy when trying (and failing)to do my Long Run.

I may have to accept that I just need to fuel myself for the Training for this Half Marathon and put my desire to see improvement on the fat loss front on the "back burner" until after the race.

Weighed in this morning. I'm still going back and forth on whether I'm going to bother with scale readings or not and after forgetting to weigh-in last week, I didn't stress about it. Couldn't help myself today, though I guess. Results were 208.9 lbs and 26.1%-BF. From a "calculated" standpoint, for 2012 this puts me down 12.1 lbs consisting of 10.67lbs fat and 1.43lbs lean. So, actually is a decent 2-week movement here, so perhaps the calorie restriction helped there, but I've seen where a week of "good" numbers like this tend to "bounce back" the next week, so I'm not declaring anything just yet. Also, since I went so long w/o weighing, it's hard to pinpoint where the loss happened.

This weeks training plan (though as I mentioned I may tweak it)

Su - 10
                                M - 11 X 110m Sprints
                                Tu - "Paced" 5
                                W - Rest
                                Th - 2x5 Essential Primal Movements
                                F - 5
                                Sa - 5

And...next week starts off with the last "big" long run of 12 miles.

Comment

Working...
                                X