touchdowntodd ... starting a journal

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

thats AWESOME!!! youre doin great!

im 218 this morning .. i admit i cheat with sugar more than i should .. and im not eating as much grass fed as i should because of money ... i REALLLLLY need to get back on track and FOCUS .. eating more than i need to lately as well, i need to get back to eating only when hungry

good luck to everyone! we can ALL do it!
    started at 310 July 23rd 2011 ... workin and workin!

my journal - http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread34980.html

Comment

Hey Todd!
      I just finished reading your blog, from start to finish, and I'd like to say that you are awesome! This is the kind of inspiration I need, so thank you, for your honesty and for sharing your journey. I've been doing one form of paleo or another, on and off, for the last couple of years, and my biggest problem has been denial & unaccountability. I'll drop a bunch of weight, feel good, & then convince myself that I can 'get away' with some of my old foods (which are all considered healthy by most people's standards: ezekial bread, brown rice, wheat free oatmeal pancakes, etc). And every time I gain back all that I've lost, usually very quickly, like my body just can't wait to go back into storage mode. I also return to IBS, headaches, allergies, & lung ailments.

So I recommitted a few weeks ago, and I already feel 100% better. Haven't weighed in for a week or so, I'll probably do that on Monday. I started my blog yesterday, to be accountable (already committed one lie of omission yesterday, which I'm going to account for in a little while...hahaha), and I'm reading through other people's blogs to get and stay inspired. Thanks so much for sharing, I'm proud of you and your wife, and I'm looking forward to your continued success!!
      Terri the Harp Player
      www.harpsinger.net

Wherever you go, there you are!

Comment

you can do it HarpLady! just stick with it .. know that YOU are worth the effort!

217 today .. down to slow loss again .. but with xmas, the new years, and getting out of the hospital i cant lie i celebrated some with chocolate and a tiny amount of dairy .. even had a few chicken mcnuggets as a crazy treat LOL .. felt guilty and made me feel bad which is great because i dont want em again .. but by now ive killed off the chocolate i was given by my family for xmas, so no more cheating possible .. ive also been sitting at home a lot because of the recovery, so that explains how slow it is ... none the less its still going in the right direction...

AND .. i wrang in the new year 3 lbs under my very lofty goal of 220 for new years! under 200 by May 1st should be SIMPLE .. hell maybe 190! i cant imagine myself being less than 190, idk how that would even look ..

stay strong guys and gals .. and ENJOY this ... once you change over and stay strict it feels great and its EASY

Comment

I loved reading your blog. My husband asked me what I was reading, so I told him. This led to a discussion of his plan to lose weight. I think your success inspired him! Your weight loss has been incredible!

Thanks for posting, even if it seemed like no one was listening.
          cj

height: 5' 10 1/2"
          2/20/11: 210
          9/19/11: 185.5
          goal: #170

"Decide what to be, and go be it."

Comment

thanks!

your husband can do it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

216 today (weighing in only wednesdays and sundays still)... changing my goal from 200 to 189 ... just seems more than possible now when it didnt before! and hot damn would that be amazing .. looking at my body im confident i have 30 more pounds i can lose and be healthy (im a large frame guy) ...

ive lost damn near 90 lbs ... sweet JESUS .. it hasnt even been 6 months!

off to the doctor to make sure all went well from my surgery december 13th ... (chrons intestinel resectioning) ... hopefully all is well and all went well during surgery with no more issues to take care of .. my primal lifestyle change has drastically improved my chrons! besides a leaky incision on my stomach that seems half healed atleast im doin decent ..
              Last edited by touchdowntodd; 01-04-2012, 09:08 AM.

Comment

ps - ive been eating 3 meals a day, not all small ... sometimes i think im eating when not even hungry ... more out of boredom from being stuck at home .. this is perhaps helping me as my metabolism is working better maybe .. i had gotten down to 2 meals a day normally, every so often 3 .. but i still try to eat no later than 6-630

Comment

WOW! Is all I have to say. Just came across your blog and I am inspired. As my sig states, I at onetime weighted 400 lbs, dropped to 250 in a year and a half through what I now know was a paleo format adviced by the gym I was going to. Said gym became disfunctional/bad business, trainers left and I was left without my CrossFit/KB mayhem I had been accustomed to. New relationship, crazy stress, etc led to me falling off the wagon in 2011 and gaining around 30-35 lbs. Last I weighed in I was at 285 and this was before the holidays. My 38" pants are collecting dust. I humbly had to go buy 44" pants since I outgrew all my smaller pants I had excitedly brought the year before ridding my self of my 44"s. Now I am in 44"s, they are tight and I feel like crap. Day 2 of an extremly clean primal lifestyle. Lessons learned... I'm back for life. Need to get out of this funk that all is lost and realize I can get back to my 250# and start dropping from there.

YOUR BLOG gave me the motivation I needed. It is really hard. The only thing I was thinking the whole time was if YOU (me) started this in July when Todd did, you too would probably be closer to 200# rather then the closer to 300# you currently are.

Looking forward to hearing as you continue your journey. I too shall be posting about mine. I'm confident my body can love the primal life again, once and for all.
                  Former 400 lb guy who got down to 250 lbs and became incredibly fit but can't lose the last 50 ...then gained 30+ of it back in 2011 and now back to lose the last 80 in 2012! (Jan 2012) Lesson from 2011 - Don't go back to SAD and quit your crossfit workouts thinking you are going to loose 50 more pounds! Lesson learned. Onward and upward!

http://primalE.wordpress.com

Comment

there you go!!!!!!!

keep it up we can ALL do it, and do it TOGETHER

Comment

Hey Todd I read your whole Blog. Had to wait to respond till I finished it, but I wanted too earlier because I kept hearing you saying no one is reading! WE ARE! Glad to hear you have lost so much! I just started this week and hope I can keep on track like you did! I'm 6'3" and 240 hoping for 210, but from what you are doing maybe I can get even lower! We'll see how it goes! Thanks for all the inspiration! And I'm looking forward to your further progress! OH I almost forgot. ITs about time you post up some pics eh?

Comment

no pics yet LOL ... not that proud of how im lookin believe it or not ..

i wish i had better before pics ... when i near my goal weight i will show before and afters .. i wish i had taken some befores with shirt off

today weighed in at 219 ... only explination is a LOT of food in the last couple of days and a LOT of eating later at night ... last night in perticular i had a LOT of sugar for me and even some carbs at the wifes xmas party .. i just felt odd not touching things in front of her boss etc and didnt want to make him think we didnt appreciate the food, and to be honest the sugar was just plain FUN lol .. im an old sweet tooth sufferer .. so this was sorta my party to enjoy how far ive come since i havent seen these people for a year, they couldnt believe how different i look! also musta drank 15-20 glasses of water etc,.. didnt get home til 2am and i know i was eating and drinking (just water) at 1 still .. its 8am now

knowing my body as well as i do im sure next weigh in on wednesday will be back to 216

Comment

217 today ... need to get back to an honest 100% primal ...

recovering from surgery is still killin me because i cant be as active as id like to be .. in a way its a miracle that i havent gained weight this whole time ... but the push continues! from size 44 pants to 35 in 5.5 months! XXL shirts to L! had to ADD 4 holes to my belt to go smaller!

stay focused folks ... were all only effort away from our goals .. i get too hard on myself far too often .. but its amazing how far i have come .. by spring ill be a new man (already am) ...

Comment

Can't wait for you to hit your goal! You are keeping me motivated. And you have done it all without much exercise am I right? I'm going to try and hit a workout today! But its the hardest thing for me to do. I wonder if as you approach your goal weight, will exercise almost be required to get that last little bit of weight off? Or will you continue to lose indefinitely until you reach your optimal weight?

Comment

ive done it with 0 count it 0 excercise other than my normal walking ...

i will continue to lose im sure without added excercise, but my goal weight may never be hit .. i want to start doing PBF workouts soon, i cant right now because i am recovering from surgery of course ... im figuring my end weight will be over 200 not 189, but that will be after getting myself slimmed and in shape ... my main goal going forward is ridding my body of the extra weight around my waist/gut/breasts ... thats all the extra weight right now with the exception of maybe 2-3 lbs on my upper thighs ...

its a process, but the point is we can ALLLLLLL do it!

Comment

I thought 189 might have been a bit low for someone 6'1" I'm 6'3" and can't really see being below 200 myself.

Comment

Working...
                                X