No announcement yet.

♥ MisguidedGhost ♥ Primal Journal ♥

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nice waist! Hopefully, that'll be me in a few months.

Did you pick your ID from the Paramore song of the same title? Just curious.
    Georgette

Comment

Thanks. And yes I did! One of my fave songs.
      ♣════۩۞۩ஜஜ۩۞۩════♣
      .♪♫]▓▓║MisguidedGhost║▓▓[♫♪.
      ♣════۩۞۩ஜஜ۩۞۩════♣

Comment

Confoozled about DAIRY... halp!

Hey guys. Sorry it's been a few days. The weekends are my busy days, and by the time my days off roll around (Mon/Tues) I'm busy running errands/doing absolutely nothing so I haven't been online in a few.

Anyhow, not pictures or anything interested to report, however I feel a bit confused about the topic of dairy. I've consumed dairy my entire life, including milk, with seemingly no ill side effects. Since going primal I've cut out milk (only used it for cereal which I'm not eating anymore for obvious reasons) and if I DO need milk, I'm started using coconut milk. However, I LOVE cheese and yogurt.

From what I've read/researched/gathered it seems that the issue of dairy is primarily up to each individual... yet somehow I still feel guilty or like I'm cheating when I eat yogurt and cheese. I wasn't eating yogurt at all when first switching to PB, but the past 2 days I've had some and I have to say I MISSED IT soooo mucchh. I got the good, organic stuff, not like I'm eating Yoplait, but again I still feel guilty.

Is this.. normal? Maybe I just need to seriously limit myself. Not that I'm eating a whole tub a day or anything, but I'd say as of right now I eat/use cheese at least once a day, and some mornings have cottage cheese for breakfast, and like I said the past 2 days I've been eating a little yogurt. Should I feel guilty? Any suggestions? At a glance eating primal seems simple, but I seem to be making things harder for myself by scrutinizing every little detail and thing I eat. =/

Thoughts? Anyone...anyone..Bueller?

<3
        ♣════۩۞۩ஜஜ۩۞۩════♣
        ♣════۩۞۩ஜஜ۩۞۩════♣

Comment

Thanks. I got kind of a back handed compliment a couple years ago.. a woman asked me, "are you a swimmer?" and I told her I used to be on swim team in high school, but not anymore, and she said, "I thought so, you have such broad shoulders"... sigh... >< lol
          ♣════۩۞۩ஜஜ۩۞۩════♣
          ♣════۩۞۩ஜஜ۩۞۩════♣

Comment

Don't feel guilty about the dairy. I eat cheese in large chunks (like an 8oz brick for a snack) and greek yogurt about once a week with some berries mixed in. If you can, get greek yogurt because it has a LOT less sugar and more protein by weight. Fage and Chobani are the two brands that I use and they are pretty comparable to each other. The Fage full fat (I think it just "Total" on the front) is freakin awesome. It also doubles as a sour cream type topping.
            People too weak to follow their own dreams will always try to discourage others.

Comment

Originally posted by MisguidedGhost View Post
              Thanks. And yes I did! One of my fave songs.
              Huge Paramore fan myself. I like their more rocking tunes though, Misery Business, Fences, Brick by Boring Brick. My 9 yr old daughter can belt Misery Business like she was a pro.

In regards to dairy, I say if you don't get any ill effects from it, enjoy it. I'm in the same camp, I like it, therefore I eat it. If you haven't indulged in the primal world of meatza, do so. I make a taco meatza that's amazing. I really wish I could find full fat Fage or Chobani yogurt here. It's a PITA to find full fat anything in Ohio.
              Georgette

Comment

Originally posted by geostump View Post
                It's a PITA to find full fat anything in Ohio.
                Except the people. Full fat.
                People too weak to follow their own dreams will always try to discourage others.

Comment

Originally posted by IcarianVX View Post
                  Except the people. Full fat.
                  Well it is the 13th fattest state in the union. Hell I'm still a fatty myself trying to do better but at the rate things are looking now, may end up having stay fat.
                  Georgette

Comment

I find cream has a few bad effects for me. Cheese I can eat till it comes out of my ears, and milk is somewhere inbetween.
                    The Primal Journey of Mr and Mrs Fist
                    Blog
                    sigpic

Comment

Aw Georgette why do you say that? You can do eeet! <3
                      ♣════۩۞۩ஜஜ۩۞۩════♣
                      ♣════۩۞۩ஜஜ۩۞۩════♣

Comment

More about the Ghost

Wasting time before work, thought I'd write a little post with more info about me just for funzies. <3

Sooo lesseee... well, again, my name is Meg, I'm 26 and I currently live in Tucson, AZ. I will soon be moving back to Los Angeles with the BF (here's around here on the forums somewhere---I don't think he's found my journal yet, bwahaha). I can't tell you how excited I am to be near the beach again. Beach sprints, here I come! (And of course my fave place of all time, Disneyland!)

One of my biggest passions is traveling, and learning other cultures and languages. I graduated from the University of Arizona with a degree in East Asian Studies and Linguistics. Seems pretty random, right? Well, I lived in Japan for about 2 years... one year in high school, and one year in college. The first year I lived out in the middle of no where (rice paddies and everything) and the second year I lived in the city in Kobe (like Kobe beef ^^) Suffice it to say, it was an amazing experience.

I've also been blessed enough to be able to travel around Europe... Been to England and France twice, Italy, The Netherlands, and Belgium. Amsterdam and Paris are probably my favorite cities, but everywhere has been amazing! Right now I'd really love to go somewhere tropical--never been to a place like that before, and I've always wanted to go to Eastern Europe.

Anyhow... when I lived in LA before, I decided I wanted to try something completely different so I went to massage school! It was a great experience, and now I have a skill that I can use anywhere I choose to go.

Well I guess that's me in a nutshell... some fave bands are Paramore (obviously) and Muse, Silversun Pickups, Florence + the Machine, Robyn, Marina and the Diamonds, Placebo, A Perfect Circle, Imogen Heap... I also listen to quite a bit of Japanese music. Oh! And my fave movies of all time are Amadeus and Interview with the Vampire.

Okaaay I'd say that's enough--want to know anything more, just ask!
                        Attached Files
                        Last edited by MisguidedGhost; 07-27-2011, 01:09 PM.
                        ♣════۩۞۩ஜஜ۩۞۩════♣
                        ♣════۩۞۩ஜஜ۩۞۩════♣

Comment

I am using my first post EVER to say I love your Journal and you seem like a fantastic individual !

Comment

This is very weird - Jeffy's appearance made me go and check what my first post was (it was a now defunct solo journal) and I posted it a year ago tomorrow. How very random.
                            The Primal Journey of Mr and Mrs Fist
                            Blog
                            sigpic

Comment

I think that I would like to see a much larger version of the picture at the Louvre. Cuz damn........................

Comment

Just been a shitty day today.

I like 98% of the bands you like. Hell anyone that likes A Perfect Circle is pretty badass, especially for being mid twenties.
                                Georgette

Comment

Working...
                                X